Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom router on different network company? help?

• 12-02-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hello,

ive recently got an Eircom router (The Netopia 2247 silver) and im currently on DigiWeb's broadband and my current router is terrible, so so weak (reason for change).

Anyway i was wondering is it possible for my Digi Web Broadband to work on the Eircom Router ??

HELP PLEASE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

RossG90 wrote: »
    hello,

ive recently got an Eircom router (The Netopia 2247 silver) and im currently on DigiWeb's broadband and my current router is terrible, so so weak (reason for change).

Anyway i was wondering is it possible for my Digi Web Broadband to work on the Eircom Router ??

HELP PLEASE!!
    Yes you can, you just need to set it up in Bridge Mode (click picture below to make it bigger).

JTnaO8k.png

1 - Go to 192.168.1.254
    2 - Click Expert Mode and then Yes, Enter Expert Mode
    3 - Click Configure > Connection
    4 - Change Bridging to "Enabled" and Save Changes.

After you save, don't restart - go to Wireless and setup a new Wireless name and WPA-PSK password - then reboot.

Wireless_LAN_Settings.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RossG90

advertsfox wrote: »
    Yes you can, you just need to set it up in Bridge Mode.

1 - Go to 192.168.1.254
    2 - Click Expert Mode and then Yes, Enter Expert Mode
    3 - Click Configure > Connection
    4 - Change Bridging to "Enabled" and Save Changes.

id hate to ask this, but im still connected to my old router and im confused how this will work (confused how its set up)

id hate to ask this, but im still connected to my old router and im confused how this will work (confused how its set up)
    Well your current router should be connected to a RJ45 (Ethernet) cable from outside, assuming you have Fixed Wireless - or is it a DSL connection through the phone line?

Well your current router should be connected to a RJ45 (Ethernet) cable from outside, assuming you have Fixed Wireless - or is it a DSL connection through the phone line?

no i dont have a house phone or a phone line in my house so i think its RJ45 (Ethernet)

no i dont have a house phone or a phone line in my house so i think its RJ45 (Ethernet)
    Perfect, in that case you need to log into your Digiweb router and disable the Wi-Fi to prevent interference - which make / model router have you got?

• Advertisement

Perfect, in that case you need to log into your Digiweb router and disable the Wi-Fi to prevent interference - which make / model router have you got?

Router Wireless Canyon CNP-WF514A

Ok well here's a PDF of the router, you need to login into it and disable the Wi-Fi - It shouldn't be too difficult, it's on Page 20 (Disable Wireless LAN interface).

http://www1.canyon-tech.com/files/Canyon/Networking/WiFi_E/CNP-WF514A/CNP-WF514A_Manual_EN.pdf

NOTE: Do this connected with an Ethernet cable to the back of the Canyon so you won't loose connectivity.

Ok well here's a PDF of the router, you need to login into it and disable the Wi-Fi - It shouldn't be too difficult, it's on Page 20 (Disable Wireless LAN interface).

http://www1.canyon-tech.com/files/Canyon/Networking/WiFi_E/CNP-WF514A/CNP-WF514A_Manual_EN.pdf

okay i understand but the only thing im confused about, if i have no internet when i disable it how will i get on to the Eircom Page to be able to bridge the connection

okay i understand but the only thing im confused about, if i have no internet when i disable it how will i get on to the Eircom Page to be able to bridge the connection
    Once it's disabled, you need to connect a LAN cable from your Netopia (any one of the 4 yellow ports) to your PC and you can log into it directly. When you go to the router homepage (192.168.1.254) it may say you have no DSL connection, just click Start on the left hand side and continue with the above steps.

Once it's disabled, you need to connect a LAN cable from your Netopia (any one of the 4 yellow ports) to your PC and you can log into it directly. When you go to the router homepage (192.168.1.254) it may say you have no DSL connection, just click Start on the left hand side and continue with the above steps.

Hello, i need a quick reply im stuck at 192.168.1.254 im being asked for a password, would u know the password ... i already tried Admin and Guest

• Advertisement

Hello, i need a quick reply im stuck at 192.168.1.254 im being asked for a password, would u know the password ... i already tried Admin and Guest
    Does it look like the screenshots I posted? Password should be 1234, username as admin.

Does it look like the screenshots I posted? Password should be 1234, username as admin.

okay i got in, but im not using the netopia router im using the Zyxel (Does it make a difference??) ive bridged it, made a new ssid and password but it will not let me work wirelessly ?? Help Please Quick

okay i got in, but im not using the netopia router im using the Zyxel (Does it make a difference??) ive bridged it, made a new ssid and password but it will not let me work wirelessly ?? Help Please Quick
    Ah Zyxel ok, well once its in bridge mode, connect an ethenet cable coming from the DigiWeb router (from port 1,2,3 or 4) into the Zyxel and then attempt to connnect wirelessly.

Ah Zyxel ok, well once its in bridge mode, connect the ethenet cable coming from the DigiWeb router into the Zyxel and then attempt to connnect wirelessly.

i did its saying no internet connection

i did its saying no internet connection
    Turn off both, turn on the Cayman and wait 60 seconds, then turn on the Zyxel and wait 60 seconds and try again.

Turn off both, turn on the Cayman and wait 60 seconds, then turn on the Zyxel and wait 60 seconds and try again.

still nothing :(

still nothing :(
    Ok, I gave instructions for a Netopia so I'm sure a setting has been missed. What's the model of the Zyxel?

Ok, I gave instructions for a Netopia so I'm sure a setting has been missed. What's the model of the Zyxel?

yes, i have a netopia router aswell, and tryed that but it was the same as the Zyxel

yes, i have a netopia router aswell, and tryed that but it was the same as the Zyxel
    Yes but did either look like the screenshots I posted above?

Yes but did either look like the screenshots I posted above?

yes they did, the netopia and i followed what u said but it connects and everything but it does not work wirelessly (yes it does work wirelessly as in you can see it on devices and connect to it) but when i do connect it says no internet access

• Advertisement

yes they did, the netopia and i followed what u said but it connects and everything but it does not work wirelessly (yes it does work wirelessly as in you can see it on devices and connect to it) but when i do connect it says no internet access
    Ok stick with the Netopia, I will be in touch tomorrow to verify that its receiving an IP from the Cayman.

Right we need to find out what IP address details are being given out by the Cayman. Please connect the LAN cable from your router to PC and do the following:

1. Press WIN + R to get the Run Command window.
    2. Type in "cmd" and press Enter or click OK.
    3. Type in "ipconfig" and you will see your IP details.
    4. Copy and paste the results under Ethernet Adapter.

Advertisement