Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile reception in Wexford town

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have had meteor and the reception where I live - Carcur area - is awful. I want to change providers.I have looked up Comreg but there appears little difference in proximity to meteor, O2 and vodaphone but meteor is rubbish. I drop signal all the time.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

3 is cat anyways, don't touch them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

What do you mean "little difference in proximity", proximity to what? Avoid Lycamobile, Tesco are quite good, they piggyback on O2 so coverage is decent, CS is good and they have some pretty good plans, including double credit on any top up of 10 euro or more. Data is 6.99 a month for 1gb so if you top up by 10 and buy the data package, you'll still have 13 euro left for calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

bmaxi wrote: »
    What do you mean "little difference in proximity", proximity to what? Avoid Lycamobile, Tesco are quite good, they piggyback on O2 so coverage is decent, CS is good and they have some pretty good plans, including double credit on any top up of 10 euro or more. Data is 6.99 a month for 1gb so if you top up by 10 and buy the data package, you'll still have 13 euro left for calls and texts.

I meant proximity to the masts of meteor, O2 and vodaphone. The masts are all quite near to where I live. Also, am looking at sim only. Do Tesco do that and can you keep your number?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The best all round option on bill pay €35 a month with no set contract. http://www.tescomobile.ie/half-price-unlimited-promotion.aspx
    10,000 call minutes and 10,000 texts to landlines and mobile phones in the Republic of Ireland and 15GB of data used in the Republic of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Do Tesco do that and can you keep your number?

Yes and yes. If you top up by 10 euro you will get a free SIM card. They may be on the shelves next to the mobile phones. Then just log on to http://www.tescomobile.ie/move-my-mobile-number.aspx
    register your new number and then port your existing number to Tesco. It can take anything from half an hour to a day, depending on which network you are currently on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭emy50

Go with VODAFONE for 4G

You'd be lucky to get 2G with o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

If you live in carcur the closest site for you is the O2 site which is at wexford rugby club. Meteor on race course and VF on the tower at the hospital.

Soon enough the "3" coverage will be merged with the O2 coverage so in theory coverage levels for both should increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

emy50 wrote: »
    Go with VODAFONE for 4G

You'd be lucky to get 2G with o2

Might get 1G out in Drinagh if you're very lucky.

Advertisement