Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch convert Powerpoint to PDF

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I have lots of *.PPT/*.PPTX files I have that I'd like to convert to PDFs. A quick Google search offers lots of results but I've never heard of any of them. Are there any decent and free trustworthy sites or utilities that would automate the process?

Converting them one-by-one in MS Office is a bit of a chore, and the formatting doesn't turn out quite right sometimes in LibreOffice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I have lots of *.PPT/*.PPTX files I have that I'd like to convert to PDFs. A quick Google search offers lots of results but I've never heard of any of them. Are there any decent and free trustworthy sites or utilities that would automate the process?

Converting them one-by-one in MS Office is a bit of a chore, and the formatting doesn't turn out quite right sometimes in LibreOffice.
    1 - Mass upload your PPT / PPS files to Google Drive and select the option to "Convert uploaded docs to Google format".

qrW8FqT.png

CA1Rk2F.png

2 - Mass download your converted PPT / PPS files to your PC and change Presentation to PDF and Download.

1mJvRjj.png

3 - This will give you a downloaded ZIP file of all your documents as coverted PDF's so extract and do with what you wish.

o8pd0ep.png

Hope this helps you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Thanks for the how-to.

The results were mixed at best. Some of the presentations had serious colour smearing issues, and some slide decks have embedded objects in them that were just left in the converted slides as blank spaces.

That's still a fair chunk of files to convert one-by-one though :(

Advertisement