Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth - New Album, New Label 2013

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

So the name of the new Megadeth album is gonna be Super Collider and will be released early this summer, but the bigger surprise is that they have joined Universal, with Dave getting his own label Tradecraft.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186147

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They've announced a few indoor dates in the UK this summer but nothing here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Going to get tickets for the June 6th show at the Brixton Academy, they were great last year in the Electric Ballroom.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Megadeth are one of the best live bands out there. Whatever other musicians Mustaine is playing with this week, they will be great shows.

It's actually a pretty solid line-up now, Junior has been back for 3 years, Drover has been in the band for 9 years and Broderick 5 years. Although this will be the first album Megadeth has released back to back with the same line-up since Cryptic Writings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Megadeth are one of the best live bands out there. Whatever other musicians Mustaine is playing with this week, they will be great shows.

His live vocals are awful.

• Advertisement

ush wrote: »
    His live vocals are awful.

They have got a lot better after his neck surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Xenji wrote: »
    They have got a lot better after his neck surgery

Well, he had a low standard to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

New announcement from DME tomorrow morning noting that it'll be a thrash metal act. We can only hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm really surprised Shawn Drover has managed to last 9 years, I mean he's a phenomenal drummer (don't get me wrong) but considering it was his brother who parted company with Megadeth it seems a weird thing in itself.

Then again, I think having Junior back in the band has done Megadeth some good, especially from a retrospective point of view when doing these tours in support of classic albums - Countdown to Extinction was (in my opinion) their masterpiece and having Junior back for that tour couldn't have gone down better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Announcement turned out to be Exodus in August, which is a result! But I'll still hope for an Irish Megadeth show, missed them the last couple of times they've been here. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Want a laugh?

Check out the Megadeth store on Ebay, sells anythin ya can think of, Megadeth related, check out some of the things they've sold in the past (by looking at feedback)

All is signed by Dave

Currently you can bid on a pair of slippers worn by Dave on the tour bus!!!

http://myworld.ebay.com/megadethstorekeeper/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

To be honest some of the stuff on that Megadeth EBay store is just chancing their luck but it probably pays the wages of the website staff so I guess if people will pay for it why not let them lol

Advertisement