Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Architecture Help

• 12-02-2013 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am going to update my CV to make it more appealing to employers. The bit I am struggling with is describing the architecture of my previous Java projects I've worked on. I'm relatively new in the industry. My descriptions of my projects are very simple and I think they could do with more detail, so that they look more impressive. I think the work I've done is impressive - I just struggle to describe it, where all the bits fit together in an architecture.

For example, 2 of the lines in my CV are as follows:
    - Designed and developed many Apache CXF/Restful web services with Mule, Hibernate 3 and SQL Server.
    - Developed front-end web service consumer module via Spring WebFlow, Javascript, CSS.

I would like to write that in more detail, to make it sound more appealloing.

Can anyone suggest how I could do that? Are there any resources on the internet that describe similar projects so I could see how they're written?

Should I read a tech arch book?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Walrus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Perhaps rather than stating what the projects were, also state what the problem was which lead to the making of the software, and the solution to the problem it then provided?

Kind of like writing a case study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

KonFusion wrote: »
    Perhaps rather than stating what the projects were, also state what the problem was which lead to the making of the software, and the solution to the problem it then provided?

Kind of like writing a case study.

That's a good idea. I've decided to read up on the docs of the technologies I've used so that I get a bigger picture of how they all fit together and why.

Advertisement