Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a food product to market

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Just looking to find out how a food product, in this case a home-made energy bar, might be brought to market. The main issues I'm concerned with are how to actually source ingredients (oats, nuts, dried fruits would be the core ingredients) and if the product were to kick off where to source a packager.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Do a Google search for 'Paddy O'Connell from Paddy's O'Granola'.

You probably come across that name/company already while researching your competitors and how they did it but no harm in pointing it out just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Your local Enterprise boards usually have the relevant contacts in your area for this sort of thing, also they may have information on the possibility of export grants etc !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

i found a good template file on how to bring a product like this to market. Cheers for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Could you post the link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

http://www.xanadufarms.com/Carly/carlystuff/final_flash5.pdf

Noter: I won't be plaguerising from this but dipping in and out of it and referencing appropriately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement