Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm getting this on PC, as opposed to console, for the first time - can anyone recommend a good site for getting it cheaper, like buying a steam key or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm getting this on PC, as opposed to console, for the first time - can anyone recommend a good site for getting it cheaper, like buying a steam key or something?

gamefly.co.uk have it for £24 if you use the discount code GFDSEP20UK. I haven't seen any cheaper yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

chrislad wrote: »

Check my adds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This may have been asked before, but was looking at the box art on Amazon and saw it say the Deathstroke DLC isn't on all platforms.

So anyone know what platforms are getting it? I was hoping to get the Wii U version.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Hey all,
    I want to pre-order the collectors edition for xbox 360, anyone see any good deals going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

99 in gamestop on ps3 im assuming its the same on XBox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Batman: Arkham Origins:

City of Assassins (15) - Identify Black Mask's assassins.
    One eye open (15) - Defeat Deathstroke.
    Nobody that matters (15) - Who is the Joker?
    Everyone wears masks (15) - Find the Black Mask.
    One Rule (25) - Save a life.
    Perhaps sooner, Perhaps later (30) - Defeat the Joker.
    Shut Down (10) - Shut down an entire Tower Network.
    Counter-intelligence (10) - Decipher one Extortion File.
    Enigma Unravelled (15) - Collect all Enigma items.
    First Riddler Trophy (30) - Collect every collectible.
    One down, several to go (10) - Complete a Most Wanted entry.
    The Innocent and the Predatory (25) - Capture all of Black Mask's Assassins.
    Shadow Vigilante (15) - Master the Shadow Vigilante Dark Knight track.
    Gotham Protector (15) - Master the Gotham Protector Dark Knight track.
    Worst Nightmare (15) - Master the Worst Nightmare Dark Knight track.
    World's Greatest Detective (15) - Master the World's Greatest Detective Dark Knight track.
    Legend of the Dark Knight (25) - Complete all Dark Knight challenges.
    Crime Scene Investigator (10) - Complete all Casefiles.
    Crime Fighter (10) - Stop 20 Crime in Progress.
    Thanks, old friend (10) - Hear everything Alfred has to say.
    Personal Trainer (10) - Obtain all the medals on Combat Training maps.
    Perfectionist (20) - Obtain all the medals on Custom maps in Challenge mode.
    I've Got This (10) - Acquire all upgrades.
    Free Flow Fifty (15) - Reach x50 Combo.
    Anyone see that? (10) - Complete a predator encounter without ever being spotted.
    What hit me? (15) - Take down 100 enemies who didn't know you were there.
    Silent Knight (10) - Complete a predator encounter using only silent takedowns.
    Point to Point (10) - Glide across Bridge without touching ground.
    Around the World (10) - Use the Batwing to travel to all Fast Travel points.
    Flawless Display (10) - Successfully battle Shiva without taking any damage.
    Point Counter-Point (10) - Complete Deathstroke without failing a single counter.
    One of Each (30) - Use every Freeflow Focus gadget in one combo.
    Air Marathon (10) - Glide 26 miles total.
    Medalist (40) - Obtain all medals on the original Ranked Maps in Challenge mode (as Batman).
    Olympian (40) - Obtain all medals on the original Campaign maps in Challenge mode (as Batman).
    Voice of the People (15) - Scan 20 Anarky Tags.
    Clean Streets (40) - Complete all Most Wanted missions.
    Give Them Something to Believe (50) - Complete New Game Plus.
    I Am The Night (70) - Finish I Am The Night Mode.
    Predator Paragon (25) - Take down 6 different Elites in a match, using six different methods as Batman or Robin in multiplayer.
    Killing Joke (15) - Reach max level with the Joker faction in multiplayer.
    Fallen Knight (15) - Reach max level with the Bane faction in multiplayer.
    Gotham All-Star (20) - Reach max overall level in multiplayer.
    Clutch (15) - Kill a Hero to bring back your entire gang when at zero reinforcements on a full multiplayer server.
    Tales of Gotham (25) - Win a round of each map with each faction in multiplayer.
    I Like Those Odds (25) - As a Hero, defeat 4 Elites within 40 seconds without using melee in multiplayer.
    Not An Ordinary Criminal (15) - As an Elite, earn 4000 XP in a single multiplayer match.
    Arsenal, Awesome (20) - Fully upgrade a weapon in multiplayer.
    Legend (50) - Earn a level of prestige in multiplayer.
    Know Thy Enemy (25) - Defeat each of the enemy players at least once in a multiplayer match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The multiplayer ones look like a chore if it's not fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well the makers seemed to think that the combat challenges were a good fun addition. I enjoyed the predator challenges but the combat challenges were extremely mundane, and there were so many more of them.

This gives me reason to believe that the whole multiplayer could be quantity over quality filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

I ****ing hate multiplayer trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

calex71 wrote: »
    The multiplayer ones look like a chore if it's not fun to play.
    ConFurioso wrote: »
    I ****ing hate multiplayer trophies.

Am I the only one that couldn`t be arsed by the Multiplayer. Just hope the campaign ain`t short & they put in a lot of Challenge Maps.

The Batman Arkham facebook page posted this image with the caption "Bruce and Alfred are not the only ones hanging around in the Batcave".

1237043_641830699182759_2051753684_n.jpg

Please be ManBat & not just a close up of a normal Bat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

GTR63 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that couldn`t be arsed by the Multiplayer.

100% agree, across all the games I like (Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, GTA etc.).

Which is why I ****ing hate multiplayer trophies. :D

I platinumed the first two Batmans and now I'm not going to bother with this one, shame.

(Yes, I realise people may look at this and say 'why bother with trophies in the first place', but I enjoy the challenge and I have no real goals in my life. :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah balls, I have the platinum trophies for the last 2 batmans but I think the mp is gonna throw a wrench in the trilogy. If the mp isnt fun, the max level trophies will be out the window.

Never know, the online could be brilliant right?.....riiight??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

More f*cking Riddler trophies?

*RAEG*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm not a trophy/achievement whore but for games I really like I'll put the extra work in, I've did it for Red Dead; it's a nice memento to point to for your favorite games.

Which reminds me I need to go back to Uncharted 1 to finish that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sarky wrote: »
    More f*cking Riddler trophies?

*RAEG*

I only did all the Riddler trophies on Asylum recently, got the map locations online and went from there, only took a couple of hours and was pretty fun. City can feck off though, 440 trophies? no thanks lol the ones i Asylum were much cooler as well, loved all the Amadeus Arkham stuff and the nods to other characters.

Usually I couldn't care less about trophies, they're things I do a part of the game requires but rarely ever go out of my way to do

Am I the only one happy with riddler/enigma collectibles. Ya, had to use a guide for some but the games were so fun, didn't mind having an excuse to do more in the map.

Was The Riddler in Arkham City? as in seen in the game, I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

krudler wrote: »
    Was The Riddler in Arkham City? as in seen in the game, I can't remember

Yeah he was you collected all the trophies and all the riddles and Batman can track him down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you could be arsed hunting down eleventy billion bloody trophies. Didn't bother with the Catwoman ones, I'd sooner have gone back to getting all the flags in Assassin's Creed 1.

• Advertisement

Yeah he was you collected all the trophies and all the riddles and Batman can track him down

No wonder I never saw him so lol he gets arrested in Asylum if you get all the trophies you hear the cops barging in as he's taunting you.

collectors edition booked, whee!

Personally loved the riddler trophies, took some work to figure out them all. IT may not be a popular opinion, but more of the same and I'm happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I don't mind the actual riddles, they were kinda fun - but the "throw batarang here, explode this" trophies were just daft, and there were far too many

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    collectors edition booked, whee!

Personally loved the riddler trophies, took some work to figure out them all. IT may not be a popular opinion, but more of the same and I'm happy :)

Where can you get the CE in Ireland

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The riddler puzzles just polluted the city. They should have been toned right down, or only visible with the map or detective mode.

5uspect wrote: »
    The riddler puzzles just polluted the city. They should have been toned right down, or only visible with the map or detective mode.

That too, tons of buildings have ? symbols and banners and lights on them. Least a lot of the ones in Asylum were subtle, like the UV paint where you had to line up the parts of the question marks, or looking for some painting or reference to another character, you had to look for them.

Where can you get the CE in Ireland
    I ordered mine through gamestop, be aware the statue for the European version is batman holding joker by the throat, not the joker statue you get with the us edition.

I think the Riddler trophy is interesting.

First Riddler Trophy (30) - Collect every collectible

So, when you collect 'everything', you get the 1st Riddler trophy. I think it was confirmed Riddler isn't in the game so maybe whatever you can solve or collect, the Riddler makes an appearance with his own set of challenges being a prequel to Asylum when he uses them throughout the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shocking to think I rate the first two as some of the best games of this generation, yet I havn't finished them :D

Pre-ordered this on Amazon when it was going cheap as chips( Amazon pre-order guarantee is tops) so looking forward to it.

I have copies of the original two on both Xbox and PC, must get them going over the next few weeks and get them finished :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Going to give AC another play through, I've never tried new game plus so I guess now is the time :)

Advertisement