Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Shocking to think I rate the first two as some of the best games of this generation, yet I havn't finished them :D

Yeah that literally makes no sense whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone know if the Scarecrow is going to be back? I loved the side platforming parts in Asylum with him and the freakouts Batman had

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone else think the US collectors edition is SO much better?

Batman_Collector.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anyone else think the US collectors edition is SO much better?

Batman_Collector.jpg

Yeah it looks much better than our one.But to be fair Europe usually gets the best CE`s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Deathstroke`s gameplay looks familiar cough
    ROBIN
    cough

• Advertisement

Yeah it looks much better than our one.But to be fair Europe usually gets the best CE`s

that is fair enough......are these games region free? I forget - would be cool to just order the US one!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that is fair enough......are these games region free? I forget - would be cool to just order the US one!

PS3 games are region free afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Just be careful - The games are, but the DLC isn't. (ie you'd need a US PSN account).

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The Xbox versions of Arkham Asylum and City were region free.

ConFurioso wrote: »
    Just be careful - The games are, but the DLC isn't. (ie you'd need a US PSN account).

I just REALLY want that statue!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I kinda prefer the EU statue. The box, extras and DVD look better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Season Pass announced for approx 20 euro, would usually be 30 euro. Won't get the season pass but the Initiation DLC sounds class. Should really be in the main game if it is Origins though.

Arkham Origins Initiation: Play as Bruce Wayne before he became Batman, and face his final test to prove himself worthy to his greatest teacher, Kirigi.
    An all-new story campaign
    Gotham by Gaslight Batman Skin and Brightest Day Batman Skin
    New Millennium Skins Pack
    Infinite Earths Skins Pack

DLC is interesting but seems to suggest it was the games Prologue.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

GTR63 wrote: »

Deathstroke`s gameplay looks familiar cough
    ROBIN
    cough

Copy and paste by the look of it.

2 more villains leaked by the soundtrack. :confused:
    http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Original-Video/dp/B00FGLK2QK/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&sr=1-1&keywords=arkham+origins

I could always see Killer Croc in it but Magpie is an odd choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I haven't been following the coverage of this one at all, which is actually the same as the last Batman game and which is weird because the previous two were both fantastic. I was sort of skeptical about a sequel and I am again but it turned out so well last time. Is this one lining up to be another fresh take on the series?

C14N wrote: »
    Is this one lining up to be another fresh take on the series?
    Based on everything we know until now, and everything discussed on this thread, there will be little to nothing fresh with this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Based on everything we know until now, and everything discussed on this thread, there will be little to nothing fresh with this game.

I'll probably still buy it because the mechanics will be brilliant and the story should be good fun, but unlike the others, it's likely to be a bargain purchase and not a week one purchase as the other two were!

I'll probably still buy it because the mechanics will be brilliant and the story should be good fun, but unlike the others, it's likely to be a bargain purchase and not a week one purchase as the other two were!

I don't think it will be a bargain purchase considering the hype and the variety of launch editions and paraphernalia.

Yeah I went and checked out some footage and it looks very similar to City. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable but I'm more excited about Watch Dogs this year.

• Advertisement

I Am The Night (70) - Finish I Am The Night Mode.

So I Am the Night Mode has been explained. That is the platinum out the f*cking window!

After you clear the game, NGP unlocks. After you clear that, you get I Am the Night unlocked which is an extra hard version where there are no saves and you have 1 life. They said the story and side missions are about 12 hours so story will be about 8 or 9 hours straight playthrough. What if you died on the last boss and had to start all over again? PS3 would be thrown out the window.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431315/batman-arkham-origins-to-introduce-i-am-the-night-mode/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fúckin hell. That sounds horrific.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My advice on buying this: if you really wanna play it, by all means pre-order and get stuck in, however, there's all this day-one launch DLC nonsense like the last game, you're probably better off just buying the "standard" version of the game and then in a few months time all the DLC will be thrown into a package that you'll be able to get in a Steam Sale or whatever, so if you really want it, you can get it then. That's what I'm going to be doing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sheehy83 wrote: »

So I Am the Night Mode has been explained. That is the platinum out the f*cking window!

After you clear the game, NGP unlocks. After you clear that, you get I Am the Night unlocked which is an extra hard version where there are no saves and you have 1 life. They said the story and side missions are about 12 hours so story will be about 8 or 9 hours straight playthrough. What if you died on the last boss and had to start all over again? PS3 would be thrown out the window.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431315/batman-arkham-origins-to-introduce-i-am-the-night-mode/
    Which means people will need a new console and will probably fork out the extra on the PS4 or xBone. It's a very clever ploy my microsoft and sony.

Or possibly a really stupid idea.

Shiminay wrote: »
    My advice on buying this: if you really wanna play it, by all means pre-order and get stuck in, however, there's all this day-one launch DLC nonsense like the last game, you're probably better off just buying the "standard" version of the game and then in a few months time all the DLC will be thrown into a package that you'll be able to get in a Steam Sale or whatever, so if you really want it, you can get it then. That's what I'm going to be doing anyway.
    Or just waiting 12-18mths and getting the goty edition for €30.

Or just waiting 12-18mths and getting the goty edition for €30.

They`ll probably have pre-order DLC for the GOTY Edition aswell.
    12hrs playthrough, thats 7 or 8 so.
    In the I am the Knight are we expected to play the game in 1 sitting? :confused:

sheehy83 wrote: »

This will have the "games aren't hard enough these days" crowd jizzing their pants though.

I only found out a while back there was a new Arkham game coming out, have had my head out of gaming for the last while. Looks like a day 1 purchase for me, purely on the strength of the franchise. The previous 2 (especially asylum) were very strong.

How is it looking so far? Has the developer mentioned anything about not having the awful repeating street dialogue they had in arkham city? ("when we're finished with you even your own mother won't recognize you") etc?

That was the single most annoying thing in "city" for me, and what stopped me coming back to it, along with the gadgets/combat system being more complicated and less intuitive than in AA. Asylum was perfect, hopefully "Origins" will be a return to that style.

• Advertisement

It's one thing games being hard and needing skil ala demons souls but having to sit through 8-9 hours and 1 bad counter means starting again is just madness.

Advertisement