Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

D'ya reckon?

I thought the since Kevin Conroy hinted he would be voicing the next installment, that it won't be an origin story.

Maybe not the next game but i`d imagine rocksteady feel the Arkham universe is theirs & would want to do stuff like TwoFace origin story, Robin`s intro & the more exciting backstories.

Am replaying the challenge modes in Arkham Asylum to warm up my skills for origins coming out. Jesus I'd forgotten how utterly irritating the controls and camera are in AA when youre in a tight squeeze & against time. When you absolutely MUST take out the knife guy or the henchman with the gun so you aim your takedown at him and instead batsy just launches himself completely the wrong way and takes out a standard goon instead, wasting your takedown. Aargh. Or trying to make your way over to the guy who's breaking into the gun locker and instead evading/back flipping completely the wrong direction multiple times and getting shot. Ugh.

Am stuck on the shock and awe extreme combat challenge, again, just like last time. Can't get myself into the 3 medals zone at all. It wouldn't be that difficult if the f***ing controls would just do exactly as I wanted them to though.

That challenge is easily the toughest thing in the game, and its made much harder by glitches and poor control design :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Am stuck on the shock and awe extreme combat challenge, again, just like last time. Can't get myself into the 3 medals zone at all. It wouldn't be that difficult if the f***ing controls would just do exactly as I wanted them to though.
    That challenge is easily the toughest thing in the game, and its made much harder by glitches and poor control design :-/

Excuses Excuses :D That was definitely the toughest challenge. You will get it if you keep lashing into the retries. Your fingers and joypad will be fairly busted though.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excuses Excuses :D That was definitely the toughest challenge. You will get it if you keep lashing into the retries. Your fingers and joypad will be fairly busted though.

Ah I've completed it loads of times. I'm after the 3 medals on it though and that makes it about ten times harder. Have done it before on the PS3 but I need it and rumble in the jungle extreme for the last 2% to 100% complete on the 360 and its been about 2 years since I played it. Like before, it's just a matter of sticking with it, but it gets frustrating when every time you fail you know it's cos the game didn't do what you wanted it to/told it to and did something wired or stupid instead earlier in the round.

Getting your combo broken because of glitchy controls and AI is annoying. I'm at the point where if I **** up at all I just restart the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Batman Oranges I mean Origins :) is out later this month, are you going to buy it?

When I heard it was only 12 hours long for the main missions and side missions I decided to give it a second thought and wait for the reviews.

And also it's developed by another team!

What does everyone think? Will the game live up to the hype? And are you buying/pre ordering it?

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net
    "The main narrative arc and side missions last about 12 hours," he explained, "and then you have all the collectibles. To get 100 per cent of that will take much, much longer. We have a new difficulty level, New Game Plus is coming pack - that's really difficult - and when you're done with that there's I Am The Night mode - which is no saves and one life."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Obviously your thread was amended here, so late to the party :P

But I would guess that everyone who has posted on this thread will on release, or within a year (given sales/prices) buy the game.
    I have it pre-ordered on STEAM.

I love Batman, the past 2 games were great, if its more of the same with a different story that's fine by me. It doesn't have to be completely new and innovative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I have it preordered the last few months!!! Looking forward to it, Again if its a decent story and not too short il be happy :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

sally365 wrote: »
    Batman Oranges I mean Origins :) is out later this month, are you going to buy it?

When I heard it was only 12 hours long for the main missions and side missions I decided to give it a second thought and wait for the reviews.

And also it's developed by another team!

What does everyone think? Will the game live up to the hype? And are you buying/pre ordering it?

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net
    "The main narrative arc and side missions last about 12 hours," he explained, "and then you have all the collectibles. To get 100 per cent of that will take much, much longer. We have a new difficulty level, New Game Plus is coming pack - that's really difficult - and when you're done with that there's I Am The Night mode - which is no saves and one life."

I don't think Arkham City or Arkham Asylum were any longer than 12 hours for a normal playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

danthefan wrote: »
    I don't think Arkham City or Arkham Asylum were any longer than 12 hours for a normal playthrough.

yeah i think your right

also AC had a ton of side missions in the game that were very impressive in a lot of other games they feel tagged on and useless but I had a blast doing the side missions just as interesting as the main game which was a first for me IMO

i definatly think thats were rockstar got the idea for the strangers and freaks missions in GTAV which are just as impressive for just side missions

so will origins have side missions iv kept away from everything about this game:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SeantheMan wrote: »
    But I would guess that everyone who has posted on this thread will on release, or within a year (given sales/prices) buy the game.
    I have it pre-ordered on STEAM.
    I'll be in no rush, I certainly wouldn't pre order it through steam at full price. I've seen it on discount though g2play.com

• Advertisement

It'll be a day one purchase for me. Even if its 12 hours or so of more of the same, plus new side missions and challenge rooms that'll be enough to warrant the purchase, and it actually looks like there'll be a lot more in it than that. The map is 4 times as big as city for a start, thats a lot of content.

I love Batman, and the Arkham games have been some of the best use of the license in years, on any medium. My fave movies have been the origin stories like the first burton movie and batman begins etc, with the batman character just being created, and cops treating him like a vigilante not an ally. Fingers crossed, but this looks like it'll be just my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

At the New Yawk Comic Con it was announced that the Electrocutioner is an assassin. Anyone know much about him?
    http://batman-news.com/2013/10/12/electrocutioner-assassin-batman-arkham-origins/

Electrocutioner-610x250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

biggebruv wrote: »
    i definatly think thats were rockstar got the idea for the strangers and freaks missions in GTAV which are just as impressive for just side missions

No, they had similar missions in Red Dead Redemption and just expanded the idea for GTAV

Troy Baker doing a Killing Joke Monologue. class stuff!

Just preordered off Gamesnash, cannot wait for this. Yeah, will be mor eof the same as the last 2 but no bad thing as it's my favourite game series this gen.

Not sure if this was posted before but shows the batcave and how you can do challenge maps from there that will actually give you XP in single player mode to boost your skills.

Have seen that bat cave demo doing the rounds a few times now. They seem to have taken a huge amount of influences in game design from the Nolan films, the last 2 in particular. The cave, the vehicles, the suit, and loads of other stuff could have come straight out of them.

The batwing coming back in to the cave through the waterfall (they cut away from it in that video) is almost shot for shot taken from the dark knight rises, the vehicle itself borrows a lot from the design of "the bat" in the movies, and the suit is clearly going for the same "military grade body armour" look.

Also, I've always wondered, whenever you see the cave in movies, games etc, with all those bats around how come everything isn't covered in bat sh1t??? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Also, I've always wondered, whenever you see the cave in movies, games etc, with all those bats around how come everything isn't covered in bat sh1t??? :-)

Batsh1t repellent.

The suit in this looks way better than in the Nolan films. Also, the voice is very suitable as well. If Christian Bale voiced this, it would actually warrant a 'no purchase' for me. Bale completely wrecked the Nolan trilogy for me.

The suit in this looks way better than in the Nolan films. Also, the voice is very suitable as well. If Christian Bale voiced this, it would actually warrant a 'no purchase' for me. Bale completely wrecked the Nolan trilogy for me.

Ruhrhrhurhurhur WHEREISIT! ruhruhruhrur ALFRUDDD! ruhruhruhr

If Christian Bale voiced this, it would actually warrant a 'no purchase' for me. Bale completely wrecked the Nolan trilogy for me.

I could take him or leave him as batman, but i thought he played a perfect asshole as Bruce Wayne, like he was channeling his inner g0bsh1te or something.

The only thing that really bothered me about him as batman was the growling low pitched voice once he was in costume. I mean one line of dialogue about the cowel containing some prototype voice changer or something in film #1 would have explained it all away. I could have lived with that, but no, instead i got three films of increasingly low pitched growly crap for no apparent reason.

That bit in the third film, where catwoman vanishes on the rooftop and he growls (entirely to himself) "so that's what that feels like" was about the most annoying thing in the whole 3 films. I mean, who exactly is he growling at...himself?? :mad:

As an aside, i also thought the standard of fight choreography got increasingly bad across the 3 Nolan movies as they progressed. It went from well choreographed fight scenes, ninja training etc in "begins", and degenerated to the point where it was basically a load of people just swinging digs at each other towards the end of "rises". Nolan would have done well to have a look at a few of the moves in Arkham Asylum. That was a perfect mix of honed ninja skills and dirty back-alley streetfighting for Batman to use.

• Advertisement

Michael Keaton was a much better Bruce Wayne, he's supposed to be somewhat nuts

Bale was a good Bruce alright, smarmy rich [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL] but Keaton was my favourite Wayne and Batman. Plus Jack was a better Joker and Burtons Gotham was better than Nolans. All in my personal minoritive (word?) opinion of course.

I liked Gotham in Batman Begins, it was a real looking city with some fantastical elements, but in TDK and TDKR it was just Chicago and New York. All the middle section with the Narrows was gone in TDK and it just looked like a regular city even though Begins was shot there too, I much prefered the look of the big rail system and the island in the middle with the slum aspect, that was cool.

krudler wrote: »
    Michael Keaton was a much better Bruce Wayne, he's supposed to be somewhat nuts

You obviously haven't heard Christian Bale's rant at a crew member on the set of Terminator Salvation.

Sounds pretty nuts to me :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auwpvAU2YA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Pre-ordered from GameFly (20% off coupon code GFDOCT20UK, it's no secret they have it on their homepage!), with the game of the year of Arkham Asylum and City, I have those already but not the Game of the year content.
    So for an extra £2 compared to Amazons price you get the previous GOTY edition games!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I have this pre-ordered from GMG ,
    Do they email the key on the day of release , the day before , or when ?

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

krudler wrote: »
    I liked Gotham in Batman Begins, it was a real looking city with some fantastical elements, but in TDK and TDKR it was just Chicago and New York. All the middle section with the Narrows was gone in TDK and it just looked like a regular city even though Begins was shot there too, I much prefered the look of the big rail system and the island in the middle with the slum aspect, that was cool.

+1
    BB had the dilapidated, claustrophobic feel, with narrow streets, steam et al, it actually resembled Gotham. Plus it was always raining and IIRC, it was always night time. Also Batman taking on Italian mafioso was another great step in bringing the Batman universe closer to reality.

Fast forward to TDK and we have sunshine, glass sky scrapers and 50 cent gangsters in suits.

The transition was far too much.
    Like everything else, I find the video games have done a great job in visually recreating what we have come to know as Gotham etc...

Yeah, BB was the only Nolan batman film I actually enjoyed and is the only one I would actually watch again. So this is out tomorrow week, can't wait to get back into the Arkham's Gotham.

Arkham Origins brings the FEEEEEELLLLSSSSS with their TV Spot. Wonder will this be the add on Irish/UK channels. Devs said there will be a lot of growth from Bruce to Bats in this, hope we see more the below!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I hope by development they mean more than Bruce Wayne putting on a more husky voice when he's got the mask on. That was an elegant trailer, nice work.

Advertisement