Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

Great trailer. Very much gets what drives the man behind the mask.

My hopes for this game are building. If I'm a sucker for marketing and end up forking out €50 for more of the same, that's OK, i'd be happy with more of the same, but if the devs live up to their promises this could turn out to be quite something.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's how all trailers should be. Sets the scene, spoils nothing, makes you want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I keep kind of forgetting about this game but I really can't wait for it.

Love that trailer.. pretty sure they had another trailer earlier which was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

+1
    BB had the dilapidated, claustrophobic feel, with narrow streets, steam et al, it actually resembled Gotham. Plus it was always raining and IIRC, it was always night time. Also Batman taking on Italian mafioso was another great step in bringing the Batman universe closer to reality.

Fast forward to TDK and we have sunshine, glass sky scrapers and 50 cent gangsters in suits.

The transition was far too much.
    Like everything else, I find the video games have done a great job in visually recreating what we have come to know as Gotham etc...

Yeah, when the opening sequence of a Batman movie takes place in broad sunny daylight there's something off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well, Arkham Asylum's achievements have just become unlockable on Steam. It also seems that my save games have disappeared because they were on GFWL :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Sarky wrote: »
    Well, Arkham Asylum's achievements have just become unlockable on Steam. It also seems that my save games have disappeared because they were on GFWL :/

On top of that, anybody who owns the vanilla version of Arkham City has also been gifted a free copy of the GOTY edition. But alas, saves don't transfer over.

I'm pretty miffed considering I have 61% complete on my old save and I only beat the game once.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

On top of that, anybody who owns the vanilla version of Arkham City has also been gifted a free copy of the GOTY edition. But alas, saves don't transfer over.

I'm pretty miffed considering I have 61% complete on my old save and I only beat the game once.
    On the plus side, you now have a reason to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

humanji wrote: »
    On the plus side, you now have a reason to play it again.

I was going to play the game again regardless on the build up to Origins and would have appreciated the ability to jump straight into NG+ but I have to start from scratch again instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't hold me to this, but the GFWL saves are still there locally, just under a sub folder, and can be moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I was going to play the game again regardless on the build up to Origins and would have appreciated the ability to jump straight into NG+ but I have to start from scratch again instead.
    Spear wrote: »
    Don't hold me to this, but the GFWL saves are still there locally, just under a sub folder, and can be moved.

You can edit and then transfer your save game files from the GFWL version of City to the Steam version following this guide -

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/810938810549705289/

Just make sure to backup all your save game files ( in case of problems )

Read the link above , there are a couple of different save game locations , my GFWL save was in folder 57400

It worked for me , I can continue my previous game and start a New Game + :D , it also unlocked a few of my acheivements ( but not all of them :( )

I haven't tried Asylum yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Anybody know when the review embargo is raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anybody know store where arkham city for PS3 is dirt cheapest?? for like under a 10er maybe lol

will be looking to play it again after origins so im in no rush im angry with myself for trading it in but i needed the cash as the time lol

biggebruv wrote: »
    anybody know store where arkham city for PS3 is dirt cheapest?? for like under a 10er maybe lol

I got it for the XBox for €15 secondhand on adverts.ie a couple of weeks ago. Just to get back into the swing of the fighting system and the controls etc.

Don't be bothering with secondhand purchases or trade-ins through game retailers. Cut out the middle man and buy/sell/trade direct yourself instead. Gamestop would have charged me at least twice what i paid for AC second hand, after paying the seller a pittance, and pocketed the difference. For what? Letting it sit on a shelf in their shop and gather dust for a few weeks?

The interwebs and person-to-person classifieds sites have made all that carry-on redundant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, it's 5 days away! :D

I'm getting through GTA nicely so I should just be finished when Friday rolls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Shiminay wrote: »
    So, it's 5 days away! :D

I'm getting through GTA nicely so I should just be finished when Friday rolls around.

Still only at 40% damn it, GTA will be sidelined this weekend for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have my order from amazon from some months abck, fingers crossed get it early ;)

love the fact these games release in october for some reason its the perfect game for the halloween nights

although maybe this one would have been suited to the christmas week since it is set around xmas lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The last 2 assassins? or Villains I guess.

image_310683_fit_480.jpg

image_310682_fit_480.jpg

Btw please post up prices for both Arkham Origins & Blackgate when they become available come Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A friend of a friend showed acquired it today. After I gave him a dressing down, I had a go, and pre-ordered based off the first boss battle (much, MUCH better than Asylum), the detective mode scenarios (much more detailed than before) and the story, which looks like it'll shape up to be pretty damn dark and gritty. Mechanically it's pretty much identical to Arkham City. I'm looking forward to this quite a lot now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Supposed to be available to preload on Steam now. Mine downloaded 180MB of data and then said "preload complete". Hope it has plenty of replay value. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F*cking roll on friday!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Supposed to be available to preload on Steam now. Mine downloaded 180MB of data and then said "preload complete". Hope it has plenty of replay value. :pac:

I ran my preload earlier this morning, and it was 16 gigs. Sounds like you'd better redo that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thing I'm most interested in is how they handle batmans first meeting with the Joker, if it will be their first meet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had this pre-ordered on Amazon but I cancelled it last night. I watched a video of some gameplay and I just felt that I was not in the mood for another Arkham game just yet. I loved the first two but this looks like more of the same. Not necessarily a bad thing but I need more time away.

Also with the PS4 around the corner there is no point in making my PS3 backlog bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dunno if I'll buy this at launch either, am playing through City again at the mo and don't really want to jump into something similar again, need a break from it. I might get the Vita one though that looks pretty cool I like the 2.5D approach to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was planning on getting Watch Dogs but as that is no longer an option and I already had the money saved, I'll be picking this up instead.

Didn't realise it was so close to release.

cmon reviews hope there today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

biggebruv wrote: »
    cmon reviews hope there today

According to IGN reviews aren't out til Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Could really do with a review of two to leak to suss this one out. I love the previous 2 but when i heard it was a new crowd doing Arkham Origins i ruled it out as being rubbish ha. i'm slowly starting to gain interest again although i'm thinking GTA may keep my interest until the PS4 if this gets good review i'll probably pick it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Will definitely be getting this at launch after the videos I've seen, and Sarkys comment earlier, I look forward to it!

Advertisement