Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Rambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WHERE IS HE?
    Christian Bale is it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

no email today from gamesnash guess its tomorrow then hope it arrives on friday for the long weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Yeah it looks like they're going to take the same approach that activision did with call of duty. Have 2 developers and let them alternate on development of each game. That way a big game comes out every one to two years in time for christmas, but the dev still gets a 2-3 year development cycle per game.

I really hope they don't flood the market with batman games, like they did with call of duty, and a new game every year. It's made the entire genre so samey and derivative, even non call of duty games feel like call of duty and ape all it's features.

I'd be willing to bet that's a "review" based on a hands on preview or a go on a mate's bootlegged copy for 20 minutes or so. It's too light on detail to put any faith in, no boss battles, no details on mechanics, storylines, etc.

All of the detailed reviews by serious pro reviewers with proper early access to the game have already been written and are waiting for the embargo to be lifted on friday, not that they'll have any effect on my buying decision. Even if it is more of the same, sign me up. I'm getting quite used to my pre-christmas batman fix now...

I read that in a preview and the first thing i thought was "developer explaining away the difficulty involved with programming a GTA style living city". A proper Gotham with traffic and civs would be amazing, but it would be a massive undertaking, and probably too grand a scope for a developer who wants to prove they're a safe pair of hands for their first big outing.

Ugh, i really need to get a bigger hard drive. I'm tired of installing and uninstalling games on the one spare 5gb space on my crappy old 1st generation machine.

The lads at Videogamer.com have said that they haven't received the review code yet and WB have told them they wont get it until friday, be wary.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The lads at Videogamer.com have said that they haven't received the review code yet and WB have told them they wont get it until friday, be wary.

This does not bode well. Oh God! Quick, list examples of when this happened but the game was still 9/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IGN are saying they'll have their review up at 12:01 AM PST Friday. So that's 8:01 am Friday morning with us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Alarm bells are a ringin'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ordered off Amazon, if It's really bad and I'm fast I could cancel before it ships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

havent gotten ours yet either, but expecting it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Charged by amazon this morning, hopefully means I'll have it in my Parcel Motel tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Amazon have dispatched mine now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Preloaded on Steam last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Me too, as soon as I finished the last GTA V mission, I fired up Steam and checked if the pre-load was ready to start and now it's done. Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

where is cheapest place to get this on PC with a steam key?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    where is cheapest place to get this on PC with a steam key?

I got mine from game.co.uk for £25 earlier in the week :) make sure u get the right version that releases on the 25th

Posted in the bargains thread
    kevin2800 wrote: »

~€18 when I checked last night. At work so can't check now. I've never used the site before but seems okay when searching online.

Also I'm not sure how it would run on my PC and I kind of want it on the Wii U anyway. But I am tempted to get it at that price

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I got mine from game.co.uk for £25 earlier in the week :) make sure u get the right version that releases on the 25th

did they just email you the key, could you pre load it?

Has there been any news on what the season pass contains. Like will it be all skins and challenges and maybe multiplayer stuff? Or will there be something like Harley's Revenge? Personally, I'd only be interested in the latter so guess will just get it separately if comes out.
    At least Naughty Dog announced what would be included in their season pass before Last of Us came out

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Posted in the bargains thread

~€18 when I checked last night. At work so can't check now. I've never used the site before but seems okay when searching online.

Also I'm not sure how it would run on my PC and I kind of want it on the Wii U anyway. But I am tempted to get it at that price

€19.18 today with the current exchange rate. Still an excellent deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has there been any news on what the season pass contains. Like will it be all skins and challenges and maybe multiplayer stuff? Or will there be something like Harley's Revenge? Personally, I'd only be interested in the latter so guess will just get it separately if comes out.
    At least Naughty Dog announced what would be included in their season pass before Last of Us came out

Season Pass has 6 packs of DLC. 4 packs are Skins, 1 pack is a challenge map where you train as Bruce Wayne and then 1 pack is story content (like Harley's Revenge I'm guessing) that is yet to be announced. I think the Last of Us season pass was badly timed. I think it only released one pack so far, a multiplayer map pack. Brilliant game but traded it in months ago. Would have kept onto it if the story add on would have been released sooner.

Batman-Arkham-Origins-Season-Pass.png

• Advertisement

In other news, Gamesnash just shipped it! Be lashing into this tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gonna hold off on this for a while, will get through City first and give it a break I know I'd start Origins and probably get tired of it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In other news, Gamesnash just shipped it! Be lashing into this tomorrow!

Still no dispatch email for me yet

Woops it has never checked my junk mailbox which is where it went to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dammit, Amazon are shipping now. If I'd known that gamesnash were selling it bonuses and all at €45 I'd have gone with them, and now I won#'t have it until Tuesday if I'm lucky.

is the spec for this similar to arkham city? my laptop could run that so i was wondering will it run this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So played about 2 hours there of it.

It's very good....BUT very similar to the previous games....a copy/paste jobby.

It's also a little annoying that he explains EVERYTHING, and given that this is the third Batman game, you'd assume most people know the basics...so being told...."If I use my grappling hook I can climb up there" is a bit tedious for the first 30 mins.

The voice is exactly like Kevin Conroys, you'd hardly notice the difference.

I was enjoying the game up until the point where I rolled into a wall and batman was stuck there, forcing me to quit :(

Jokers puzzles make a return, but nowhere near in the same blatant fashion as before....in that they don't literally cover the whole map

The game IS what I expected it to be, so I'm happy enough. Nothing groundbreaking at all, just more batman action.
    Combat seems easier actually, so might wanna try harder difficulty levels, I haven't come across ANY new moves yet at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    is the spec for this similar to arkham city? my laptop could run that so i was wondering will it run this as well

It's still onUnreal Engine 3 afaik, so I'd say you should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

SeantheMan wrote:
    So played about 2 hours there of it.

It's very good....BUT very similar to the previous games....a copy/paste jobby.

It's also a little annoying that he explains EVERYTHING, and given that this is the third Batman game, you'd assume most people know the basics...so being told...."If I use my grappling hook I can climb up there" is a bit tedious for the first 30 mins.

The voice is exactly like Kevin Conroys, you'd hardly notice the difference.

I was enjoying the game up until the point where I rolled into a wall and batman was stuck there, forcing me to quit

Jokers puzzles make a return, but nowhere near in the same blatant fashion as before....in that they don't literally cover the whole map

The game IS what I expected it to be, so I'm happy enough. Nothing groundbreaking at all, just more batman action.
    Combat seems easier actually, so might wanna try harder difficulty levels, I haven't come across ANY new moves yet at all.
    How big is the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

€18 when I checked last night. At work so can't check now. I've never used the site before but seems okay when searching online.

3wayswitch wrote: »
    €19.18 today with the current exchange rate. Still an excellent deal!

I cancelled my order with g2play because the idiots are delaying it until November. Hard copy delay in the UK is one thing, but there is no reason to delay digitally so feck that.

I just ordered on cdkeyshere that was posted on the bargains thread. Hoping to receive my key soon. Anybody who ordered off them get their key yet?

Advertisement