Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It's huge, in so much that you can "fast travel" using your BatJet...or...I dunno what its called. Looks like a jet :P

Many of Arkham citys locations are in it though, the Bowery where the Museum is in AC, you're near there at the start ..and I recognised a few others too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"This game will unlock in approximately 6 hours."

tumblr_lopy11uBTD1qmam4ro1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sarky wrote: »
    "This game will unlock in approximately 6 hours."

Not gonna lie, I read that in Hugo Strange's voice

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

krudler wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I read that in Hugo Strange's voice

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Brilliant game but traded it in months ago. Would have kept onto it if the story add on would have been released sooner.

110% correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

The fact that the review embargo has been set to lift on the release date isint a huge vote of confidence from the publisher. This is usually a tactic to avoid preorder cancellations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Last game I bought where review embargo wan't lifted until release was the recent Space Hulk game. I was worried but others told me not to worry. I hate others now.

**I am pre-loading Origins now anyway . Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Kirby wrote: »
    I cancelled my order with g2play because the idiots are delaying it until November. Hard copy delay in the UK is one thing, but there is no reason to delay digitally so feck that.

I just ordered on cdkeyshere that was posted on the bargains thread. Hoping to receive my key soon. Anybody who ordered off them get their key yet?

hey kirby g2play wont refund my preoreder
    they say
    We can offer you reward (credit) points for this order.
    We will give you points equal to the amount which you've paid.
    You can exchange reward (credit) points to pay when you make new order in our shop.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for cooperation.

Best Regards
    G2Play.net Team
    Marcin
    WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

kevin2800 wrote: »
    they say
    You can exchange reward (credit) points to pay when you make new order in our shop.

Best Regards
    G2Play.net Team
    Marcin
    WTF

buy something else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Demios wrote: »
    The fact that the review embargo has been set to lift on the release date isint a huge vote of confidence from the publisher. This is usually a tactic to avoid preorder cancellations!

Not any more it's not, it's getting increasingly common across the board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

COYVB wrote: »
    Not any more it's not, it's getting increasingly common across the board

I noticed that too. Still, whats the point of a game review if the majority of hardcore gamers will pre-order. I just think a day oe two before would be better. I notice that the Triple A titles allow earlier reviews, The Last of Us for example review, nearly a week in advance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

they say

Best Regards
    G2Play.net Team
    Marcin
    WTF

Check the Ts & Cs, but chances are that's a gross violation of internet sales law in the EU and they have to refund you - that's a sign of a company with cash flow problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

• Kirby wrote: »
    I cancelled my order with g2play because the idiots are delaying it until November. Hard copy delay in the UK is one thing, but there is no reason to delay digitally so feck that.

I just ordered on cdkeyshere that was posted on the bargains thread. Hoping to receive my key soon. Anybody who ordered off them get their key yet?

What!! When did they confirm this? I have not received any communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Demios wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Still, whats the point of a game review if the majority of hardcore gamers will pre-order. I just think a day oe two before would be better. I notice that the Triple A titles allow earlier reviews, The Last of Us for example review, nearly a week in advance.

It depends on the publisher to be honest. But I dont think there should be embargoes at all. They're stupid, and they don't help anyone. Just don't send the game out until you're ready to have people review it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What!! When did they confirm this? I have not received any communication.

Same here, dates have changed on the sales pages on the site saying November 8th release date. Just cancelled a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah crap! I was waiting for the Wii U version but have given in and going for the PC version.
    I'm weak

Glebee wrote: »
    ...dates have changed on the sales pages on the site saying November 8th release date. Just cancelled a while ago.

Anyone who's preordered through them, get out quick. That's a sure sign of a company with cash/credit issues. You do not want them to go into administration/ownership with your €50.

Cancel your order, and call your card company to rescind the payment authorisation.

I really don't understand pre-ordering games. Your money is tied up with one vendor, you don't get to shop around, and there's little or no chance you won't be able to pick up a launch copy on day 1 anyway. I've never pre-booked a game and worst I've ever had to do was stroll down to HMV or xtra-vision at 12 midnight and grab a copy. Most of the time I just pick one up on launch day on the way home from work.

• Glebee wrote: »
    Same here, dates have changed on the sales pages on the site saying November 8th release date. Just cancelled a while ago.
    How did you cancel? As in the transaction or from the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just emailed them but there giving me the same crap about not refunding but giving me points toward other purchases.

"Dear Customer

We can offer you reward points for this order
    We will give you points equal to the amount which you have already paid.
    You may exchange reward points towards payments when you make new order in our shop.

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail.
    If you have any doubts or questions please feel free to contact us. We are at your service 24/7.

Best Regards
    G2Play.net Team
    Marcela"

• Advertisement

Looks like will be leaving it overnight since 16GB and only getting speed of about 300KB/s. Ah well have to go to a wedding tomorrow anyway so will be Saturday at least before I get to play.

• Glebee wrote: »
    Just emailed them but there giving me the same crap about not refunding but giving me points toward other purchases.

"Dear Customer

We can offer you reward points for this order
    We will give you points equal to the amount which you have already paid.
    You may exchange reward points towards payments when you make new order in our shop.

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail.
    If you have any doubts or questions please feel free to contact us. We are at your service 24/7.

Best Regards
    G2Play.net Team
    Marcela"

I have raised a ticket with Paypal's resolution center demanding a full refund. I will be contacting my bank tomorrow also.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

same here big problem with g2play refunds .I said there are breaching their terms and conditions and i threaten them .They emailed back saying they would refund me ,still waiting on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Pre-loadin' go! go! go! go!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

same here big problem with g2play refunds .I said there are breaching their terms and conditions and i threaten them .They emailed back saying they would refund me ,still waiting on it
    Where is the company based? I would have thought they would have to refund if the item ends up being delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Kirby wrote: »

hey i ordered it at half 4 and had the key just after 7 .. My first order off them and used paypal.. not too bad for 18 quid

To get the key, you can just go to your order history and it's there in the form of an image link as they just have a photo of a serial on a case or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah crap! I was waiting for the Wii U version but have given in and going for the PC version.
    I'm weak

The 3DS & WiiU versions have actually been delayed by a fortnite.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-18-batman-arkham-origins-pc-wii-u-versions-will-launch-two-weeks-late-in-europe

What a total joke that is btw

Yep and also the Wii U version is the more expensive version while in the States it was announced that since the Wii U version wouldn't have multiplayer that it would be $10 cheaper than PS3 and 360 versions. Checking Amazon.com confirms this to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

CastorTroy wrote: »
    To get the key, you can just go to your order history and it's there in the form of an image link as they just have a photo of a serial on a case or something
    Thanks for clarifying that. I was actually waiting on an email with the CD key, similar to the ones you get off G2play. I'm downloading it now. 20% currently.

Advertisement