Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Review copy just arrived. Good man Warner Bros.

Very timely

cw67irl wrote: »
    I got the collectors edition in Gamestop but no sign of the download codes for the deathstroke pack ect

Anyone else have the same thing??

Isnt that stuff PS exclusive? So if you had an Xbox that'd probably explain it

Aargh. Have been playing for an hour and it keeps dropping me into interior locations. I wanna go out and get a look at the town :-/

Oh the anticipation....

Enjoying it so far. First boss battle was meh, combat seems a little tougher/faster, and the bat cave is kinda cool. It definitely is missing some fan service and polish versus previous games mind you.

I like the combat training area in the batcave, and the main character himself is very gritty and dark, if a little "California dood" for my liking.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Squaredude wrote: »
    Only 16Gb for me :confused: I don't think I got the Deathstroke pre-order bonus though.Don't see a key for it in the email anyway

Ended up to be 18.3GB download but that didn't include any DLC. Got my DLC codes with the email, if you're waiting on other codes then e-mail them asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

COYVB wrote: »
    Isnt that stuff PS exclusive? So if you had an Xbox that'd probably explain it

Got it on ps3???

• Advertisement

cw67irl wrote: »
    Got it on ps3???

Well then I'm not so sure. Gonna open mine here and see if there's anything in it...

Right, there's a card in mine with "GAME ADD-ON DOWNLOAD" written at the top of it, and it's got Deathstroke on the front, and the PSN code on the back for the Deathstroke Challenge Pack

I assume that should've been in your box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Was it just loose in the box?

Edit : Nevermind!!! Found all three stuck behind the manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ended up to be 18.3GB download but that didn't include any DLC. Got my DLC codes with the email, if you're waiting on other codes then e-mail them asap!
    I got dlc codes for everything but dont see one for death stroke.Did you get a seperate key for the deathstroke dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Kirby wrote: »
    I reordered with cdkeyshere.com who are also shady as hell.....

Given that they are a bit shady, what's the likely consequence of buying from them. Is there likely to be any crackdown from steam against these guys operating in this grey market.

Basically am bloody tempted to buy from them myself, but don't want to take the risk of steam closing my account

G2Play have Steam codes for 19.99. I'd wager that they are Russian keys that they are reselling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is class, feel right at home with the free flow combat. Gonna have to turn off the hints, there is writing all over the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

G2Play have Steam codes for 19.99. I'd wager that they are Russian keys that they are reselling.

I dunno but I have it downloading now. Usually it says if its a VPN required game, I'm assuming if I got as far as tagging it to my account it should work fine.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I dunno but I have it downloading now. Usually it says if its a VPN required game, I'm assuming if I got as far as tagging it to my account it should work fine.

Not all Russian codes require a VPN, some are region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

COYVB wrote: »
    Review copy just arrived. Good man Warner Bros.

Very timely

You got a review copy? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

He works in the industry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Very slight side mission spoiler, but there's seems to be map bug:
    Is the map pointer for one of the arms caches off? It seems to point to the cargo ship, but there's nothing at the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got one earlier, and it works with out any location jiggery pokery!

And a t-shirt AAAAAAND a (very late) review copy of Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Tis a Warner Bros. Weekend pour moi!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jumped in for a spell before heading to bed, man these games are a nightmare using mouse + keyboard. Have to dig out the 360 adaptor. Also seems I got the Deathstroke challenge stuff even though I didnt pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was it a glitch that I just beat the electrocutioner with one hit?

Nevermind :)

• Advertisement

Ugh. My game just froze up and black screened while using one of the fast travel points. Reboot time for me.

Annoying.

There's a definite feel that this thing could have done with a bit more development time to refine it a bit before release...

Also, why can I never find a point to grapple off when flying around the city? It's like they don't want me to be able to get around???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just started blackgate. Hard to adjust to the finicky controls. Like holding a button to open a grates and ground takedowns I find tricky too.
    Can't understand criticism of it graphically though, the Vita is no PS3

Deathstroke duel was quite interesting if a little button-bashy, and I enjoyed the whole GCPD building section and first meeting with Gordon.

I'm having mixed feelings about it, it's not as polished or complete as the other two titles but there are a few things about the style and the grittiness of the combat and batman that I really like, possibly more than the other games. Batsy is a particularly nasty brawler in this one, some of the finishing moves he pulls off are quite brutal.

I think the combat in this one is tougher, faster. You have less of a window to get your counters right, and it feels like you get rushed a bit more.

Dealing with knife guys and doing the blade dodge still sucks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• I can't even get past the first boss
    Killer Croc

The sounds stops working and the screen goes black.
    Then a crash.

I'm running Windows 7 64 - AMD HD7870 - Catalyst 13.9 - Direct X 11

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Spear wrote: »
    Very slight side mission spoiler, but there's seems to be map bug:
    Is the map pointer for one of the arms caches off? It seems to point to the cargo ship, but there's nothing at the location.

Did you find this one yet Spear? It is there, it's slightly hidden though.
    You need to use the batclaw on the door of one of the containers hanging above the ship. It's inside it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Single player: More of what we've come to expect with some tweaks and updates and it's still awesome. It won't please everyone because there's very little significant change in this regard, but this pleases me greatly.

I am absolutely stunned by how much fun the multiplayer is in this, I had totally forgotten that it was going to even feature a multiplayer element. I played my first couple of games with my triple screen setup and it really doesn't work properly, it shafts the viewable screen area - I don't know if this is a deliberate "level the playing field by reducing FOV" or "we didn't bother to make sure it worked for the multi" but my triple screen setup works great in the single player (as it did with City). Anyone up for some multiplayer, feel free to add me on Steam (Shiminay).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Pulled the trigger on ordering a key from G2Play and it arrived within 5 minutes, grand stuff. Can't get over people paying €55 in the likes of GameGestapo for an inferior port. That gameplay video with the stupid commentary running on the PS3 looked awful when it came to framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just download it on Steam, got the key for €19.16 from inexus.us. Downloaded the whole 16.2GB in 20 minutes! <3 UPC!
    Would have taken longer to go to the shop!!!

[edit]
    Weirdly, now my controller seems to have stopped working in games. :(
    It's one of the Batman Arkham City batarang controllers. Still works in Steam Big Picture mode, and I can use the home+RT to take a screenshot, but the games don't seem to recognise it at all!!! :(

Got it. Had to disable other "HID Compatible Gaming Device" references in the Device Manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

20 minutes, nice!

Advertisement