Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So is it just me or is the Deathstroke fight early on the worst designed fight ever? It's f*cking ridiculous. I was looking online to see some guide to it and so many people just seem to be having trouble. I know it's nice to have a change from the jump over and spam punch boss fights, but when you can be automatically killed by following the on screen prompts, then there's definitely a design fault.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Really? I thought it was very straight forward. Took me a few attempts as the new parts of it went on, but it was anything but difficult. It was totally badassed though :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    Really? I thought it was very straight forward. Took me a few attempts as the new parts of it went on, but it was anything but difficult. It was totally badassed though :D
    Well I've been reduced to waiting for him to strike, countering it and punching once. Any more punches risk an un-counterable attack by him. And even playing it safe like that still gets me killed by un-counterable attacks. It's just sapped all the fun out of a game I was enjoying. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

humanji wrote: »
    Well I've been reduced to waiting for him to strike, countering it and punching once. Any more punches risk an un-counterable attack by him. And even playing it safe like that still gets me killed by un-counterable attacks. It's just sapped all the fun out of a game I was enjoying. :(

Which part of the fight are you on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought the deathstroke fight was class!! Got him on my 2nd go.easy enough once you dont press counter too early. Hit him with one set of counters but don't get greedy and go for more or else he will auto hit you. wanted to replay it to get the trophy for not missing any counters but can't. Will have to play it on next playthrough. The online trophies really put a downer on this game for me. Mad to go for the platinum but really cant see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The standard, run of the mill goon's you meet that are a packing heat are a nightmare to take on.

I gotta RB the f*ck outta there

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I thought the deathstroke fight was class!! Got him on my 2nd go.easy enough once you dont press counter too early. Hit him with one set of counters but don't get greedy and go for more or else he will auto hit you. wanted to replay it to get the trophy for not missing any counters but can't. Will have to play it on next playthrough. The online trophies really put a downer on this game for me. Mad to go for the platinum but really cant see it happening.

I know I hate trophies like that but I will try to plat this because I already have AA and AC and combat challenges were really especially Shock and awe extreme

Which part of the fight are you on
    The first part. Timing my counters as late as possible and if I attack straight after, 50% of the time he hits me. It's honestly seems like a bug or something. Even if I do nothing but counter he eventually just hits me. I think I'm going to have to find a hack or something because I've been almost a day trying to beat him. Even the worst gamer in the world would have passed it by blind luck at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

The first part. Timing my counters as late as possible and if I attack straight after, 50% of the time he hits me. It's honestly seems like a bug or something. Even if I do nothing but counter he eventually just hits me. I think I'm going to have to find a hack or something because I've been almost a day trying to beat him. Even the worst gamer in the world would have passed it by blind luck at this stage.

Have you hints turned on? It would be impossible to beat him with hints turned off.

I really enjoyed it. It was proper brutal martial arts, just how I like my batman to be.

I mainly waited for him to strike, countered, then struck back three times (any more and he beats you down), then when he uses a flash bomb and jumps at you hammer the counter button till you get an opening then hammer the strike button and you'll take a good lump out of him with a beat down. When he grapples a canister towards you counter it and toss it at him.

I used a mixture of flipping over him and landing a couple of strikes and batclawing him and giving him a good few thumps, and just not getting too greedy with the strikes. Do 2-3 at most, apart from when he jumps at you, that's your big chance to dish out the pain.

It took me 2-3 goes to suss out the pattern, after that it was fairly predictable. Does anyone think the remote claw gadget you get when you beat him is badass? Once you level it up so it grapples fellas on to gargoyles and the like, it's almost TOO good in stealth situations.

EDIT-by the way, speaking of badass, that kick in the gob that the electrocutioner got was possibly the most bad assed thing I've ever seen in a video game. He went down like a sack of bricks!! :-)

• Advertisement

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Have you hints turned on? It would be impossible to beat him with hints turned off.
    Hints are on. But everyone seems to say use the grapple on him? He ducks out of the way if I do anything other than punch or counter.

I know I hate trophies like that but I will try to plat this because I already have AA and AC and combat challenges were really especially Shock and awe extreme

Yeah, I'm not pushed on platinum trophiesbut the Arkham gameswere so good, they desered to be platinumed. The Online ones look like an awful grind but sure will see how it goes.
    Bloodwing wrote: »

If hints are turned off, does it remove the 'Triangle - Counter' message? If so, then yeah it would be way harder!

Awesome stuff, he disappeared and one-shotted me. Think it's time to delete and re-download as this is definitely not right.

Hints are on. But everyone seems to say use the grapple on him? He ducks out of the way if I do anything other than punch or counter.

To get him to attack me, I throw batarangs which he dodges. I Also jump over him and get ready for a counter.

When I jumped over him it just went into his hit animation. I've deleted it now, so we'll see what happens when Steam finishes the reinstall.

Strange one alright, I'm reading about a lot of issues on PC. On PS3, it gets laggy when saving or gliding into a big group of enemies but no freezing or bugs I'm readng about on PC.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That sounds like it's working as it's supposed to Humanji. I promise you I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but it sounds to me like you're just gonna have to play it smarter.

For me there was a lot of hit-hit-counter-counter-hit-hit sort of motions, the combat went very over and back. Claw attack is essential. After about every quarter of his health, he drops a flash-bang and launches barrels at you. You need to be quick on the dodge to avoid them and then a bat-claw attack after you chuck the barrel back at him (or if you miss it and it hits you, after you recover).

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If hints are turned off, does it remove the 'Triangle - Counter' message? If so, then yeah it would be way harder!

Yeah it turns off the "Counter" message. I started playing it with them turned off but even the regular fights were proving difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

bought it for €19.99 on Gwplay.net and got a wired 360 controller in Gamestop for €24.99 so I got the game and the controller for the RRP :)

Enjoying it so far, looking forward to updates to the multiplayer, which plays quite like Splinter Cell (though less polished)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Playing on PC and was killed by Croc after he started flickering before I lost the picture but it still has energy and can still play. So managed to get a few hits in before he killed me. Not bad considering I couldn't see anything. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I enjoyed the deathstroke fight, I think it took me about three times or so. Made a refreshing change from the titan-based fights the last two games seemed to favour.

Is it just me or is the general combat alot tougher? I'm at the stage where (minor soldier spoiler)
    venom troops and ninjas
    are starting to appear on the streets. Plus the fact knife-countering seems to continuously fail for me doesn't help! The last two crimes I've intervened in have resulted in me running away from about 15 troops while chucking concussion charges like a loon. Very unbatman-like!

That sounds like it's working as it's supposed to Humanji. I promise you I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but it sounds to me like you're just gonna have to play it smarter.

For me there was a lot of hit-hit-counter-counter-hit-hit sort of motions, the combat went very over and back. Claw attack is essential. After about every quarter of his health, he drops a flash-bang and launches barrels at you. You need to be quick on the dodge to avoid them and then a bat-claw attack after you chuck the barrel back at him (or if you miss it and it hits you, after you recover).
    I reinstalled and was able to fight him properly (and beat him too thanks to those grapple moves :D ). I can breathe a sigh of relief now and enjoy the game. I was having a serious case of nerd rage there. Once the game worked right the Deathstroke fight wasn't bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Been playing it for a good few hours today. It's alright, not as good as the first two.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Been playing it for a good few hours today. It's alright, not as good as the first two.

I felt the start was a bit slow but from the hotel on I think it's really picking up pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The standard, run of the mill goon's you meet that are a packing heat are a nightmare to take on.

I gotta RB the f*ck outta there

They always group up together about 4 or 5 at once & you'd have to wait AGES for them to spread out(don't get it tbh I think maybe the way they are scripted struggles in tight spaces & corridors). Pure tedious to wait for them to seperate. Got killed by Croc which shocked me, my quick batarangs totally sucked so that burnt me when he was chucking those tanks. Hope the Electrocutioner turns up again, talk about underwhelming. Got to the deathstroke fight and got beat once but had to stop playing.
    Someone I follow on the twittah machine is saying its buggy, anyone else encounter much bugs I haven't yet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just passed Deathstroke, took 4 or 5 goes to get by him. Playing on PC. No bugs yet to report

60 euro in gamestop 55 in hmv or 36 euro on amazon

prices in Ireland are mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

60 euro in gamestop 55 in hmv or 36 euro on amazon

prices in Ireland are mad

Or €7 for 3 nights from xtra vision. Should have the back broke in it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've found that when you are doing the "room" scenarios with thugs, that if you creep around and kill them it's a lot easier. As they're never alerted to each other being down.

As soon as you string one up from a vantage point they all become aware and group together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've a feeling that I'm not the only one adding this to their heavily discounted steam sale list.

Advertisement