Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This has actually exceeded my expectations. The enigma towers and puzzles are handled much better than in arkham. I got stuck between a railing and pipe last night, had to reload a checkpoint. Only bug I found so far on ps3. The classic tv series batsuit is all kinds of awesome took it for a spin in a challenge room, can't wait to use it in freemode on ng+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

(On PC) fairly sure I found a bug already, you fire the batclaw through a window and pull a grate off, when you go in through the window Enigma says he is going to make things more difficult for you, lowereing a security shutter ont he window, but you cant climb in through the vent you pulled the grate from, there's no prompt and it doesn't let you move into it.

A few lads reported the same bug on pc, they had to call in the batwing. I got to the same room last night on ps3, was able to grapple straight to the vent no prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Dermighty wrote: »
    (On PC) fairly sure I found a bug already, you fire the batclaw through a window and pull a grate off, when you go in through the window Enigma says he is going to make things more difficult for you, lowereing a security shutter ont he window, but you cant climb in through the vent you pulled the grate from, there's no prompt and it doesn't let you move into it.

Yeah ran into this issue last night as well. Used the batwing to get out, and then went back and was able to pull the grate off a second time, but was unable to climb through it.

Does this mean ye can't get to the area where you shut down the tower? I remember in the room with the vent, there was a security box you hack and then the shutter comes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just at that point myself now on pc, Cant enter the vent in the room so cant shut down Enigma tower. Need to call Batwing to get out of room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does this mean ye can't get to the area where you shut down the tower? I remember in the room with the vent, there was a security box you hack and then the shutter comes down.

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

I really enjoyed the first few hours of this game but I've run into a bug that's ruining the game for me now. Starting with the Lacey Towers mission I no longer get any waypoints on my map for main story missions. It's making things very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

My copy arrived yesterday and I finished the main story last night. I stuck it on there to get stuck into the side missions and it says "Corrupt save, please delete". The rage of 10000 blinding hot suns. I have an Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Reiketsu wrote: »
    My copy arrived yesterday and I finished the main story last night. I stuck it on there to get stuck into the side missions and it says "Corrupt save, please delete". The rage of 10000 blinding hot suns. I have an Xbox 360.

you dashboarded or turned off your console while it was auto saving/saving
    having a 360 has nothing to do with it:pac:

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you dashboarded or turned off your console while it was auto saving/saving
    having a 360 has nothing to do with it:pac:

No, I definitely didn't, I always wait for things to save. I tried to restart the story mode and it wouldn't load so had to restart the console. Seems to be working grand now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Whats the download size like for the xbox going to head in an d pick it up tomorrow and I only have like 4 gigs free on my harddrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Just got the shock gloves. Pretty nifty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone tried the multiplayer ? I had one game last night and that was enough to ensure I never go back to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the multiplayer ? I had one game last night and that was enough to ensure I never go back to it.

What a shock. ;)
    About 25+% through Blackgate, find it mainly enjoyable but the combat(which feels slightly robotic) is pointless in the sense that you don't gain XP or that(you find WayneTech crates for armor, weapon upgrades). Clearing rooms isn't near as enjoyable in 2D as 3D either, you really take damage when facing off unexpectantly against a grunt with a gun. Exploration & the detective modes are well done as are the stylish comic book cutscenes.

I must be missing something simple. How do I get into the Gotham merchant bank to find black mask?

How the fùck do you defeat Deathcheap, I try to read the patterns but his patterns vary a LOT in my ones. Sometimes he uses the grapple 3 times others he does it once. Do I just stay countering and then beat him when I get the chance to do the beatdown(that'd take FOREVER to be honest)
    ****ing awful it is.
    Spent an hour at it

I must be missing something simple. How do I get into the Gotham merchant bank to find black mask?

Never mind. Found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GTR63 wrote: »
    How the fùck do you defeat Deathcheap, I try to read the patterns but his patterns vary a LOT in my ones. Sometimes he uses the grapple 3 times others he does it once. Do I just stay countering and then beat him when I get the chance to do the beatdown(that'd take FOREVER to be honest)
    ****ing awful it is.
    Spent an hour at it

Counter counter counter, took me ages, and many attempts, after he misses with the pole hit him no more than twice same for countering his sword, throw in the odd bat claw it will catch him early on in , when you back him to the wall and you roll him out he's good for 2/3 punches also.

calex71 wrote: »
    Counter counter counter, took me ages, and many attempts, after he misses with the pole hit him no more than twice same for countering his sword, throw in the odd bat claw it will catch him early on in , when you back him to the wall and you roll him out he's good for 2/3 punches also.
    I was going with Counter 1x hit, Counter 1x hit but was taking me an age to move onto the next part(you know when you get to batter him right). When I go for more than 2 hits sometimes I get 3 but often get battered. A few of his strikes seem uncounterable too. So does it work to just counter and not hit him once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was going with Counter 1x hit, Counter 1x hit but was taking me an age to move onto the next part(you know when you get to batter him right). When I go for more than 2 hits sometimes I get 3 but often get battered. A few of his strikes seem uncounterable too. So does it work to just counter and not hit him once?
    I ended up reinstalling the game and it seemed to let me fight him. The game is buggy as hell. Like the inescapable room mentioned above, or the one I'm currently stuck with is a raft in the Mad Hatter section which is caught on the shore and can't move. Reloading it doesn't change it's position. Had a few CTD's, sounds repeating, characters disappearing and animations skipping. The game seems to be doing it's best to make me hate it.

Is the install important, I never bothered when I wasn't prompted

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is the install important, I never bothered when I wasn't prompted
    Oh, sorry, I'm on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anyone know if they're planning a patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Six hours or so into it. Finding it incredibly easy so far. I shouldn't have started on Medium difficulty :(

No issues on the PC so far at all really apart from the odd instance or two where sound would drop out during the batwing travel cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone else have
    croc
    disapearing when fighting him
    he kept disappearing for me

edit: on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant find my USB piece of xbox pad, its difficult to play with keyboard.

Gonna leave it until i find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For deathstroke it's all about the grapple takedown , after you do this 3 times or so he uses a flashbang.
    Then beats you over the head with his stick while you hammer X.
    You then beat him down, after which he throws a barrel at you that you catch and can throw back.

This happens 2-3 times, in the end he gets out his sword..and I think it's more of the same.

I was lost in some of the boss fights, not ashamed to say I died plenty of times as I wasn't sure what to be doing.
    Banes fights seemed to go on forever....luckily if you died they continued from a checkpoint within the fight.

Firefly or whatever he's called...his fight was very confusing, but then very easy. Just hammering RT and LT for most of it.

Electrocutioner - most ill thought out character award. Had no impact in the game
    other than to provide a method to get electric gloves

I'm loving the story though, and how dark it is. Joker is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im enjoying it

the murder cases are fun swinging the scene forward and backwards haha

i was on death stroke for a while then i started using the batclaw to pull him in and punch him

then threw in a good few punches not to many though learn to retreat I know we dont wanna though:D

im stuck on the (((MINOR SIDE MISSION SPOILER))
    MAD HATTERS 3 door thing WTF i dont know what to do but I wanna get it for myself i refuse to youtube anything for games biggrin.png

• Advertisement

So I was making good progress on replaying it and now I have to restart yet again thanks to a glitch. I've tried turning off and on the console, still there. I can't even go back.

Advertisement