Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That deathstroke fella will be the death of me.

Also Im using a PS3 pad to play but when I get prompted for an action the 360 buttons appear. Stupid complaint I know (as most other games do the same thing). Just wish you could choose in the options which controller you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

That deathstroke fella will be the death of me.

Also Im using a PS3 pad to play but when I get prompted for an action the 360 buttons appear. Stupid complaint I know (as most other games do the same thing). Just wish you could choose in the options which controller you are using.

if your really struggling use the batclaw it does help

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished now. Apart from the croc bug, I didn't encounter any other campaign bugs. Other bugs were the aforementioned tower as well as not being able to interrogate some of Enigma's data handlers.

As for the ending
    Oooh, a Suicide Squad game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm enjoying it. Although again the minor bugs can be annoying and the enigma tower is also like a massive sore thumb for me

humanji wrote: »
    ...The game is buggy as hell.... Had a few CTD's, sounds repeating, characters disappearing and animations skipping. The game seems to be doing it's best to make me hate it.

I've had a bit of screen tearing and a few frame rate issues, and a few in-game glitches like henchmen stuck inside walls where i couldn't reach them, preventing me from clearing a room, or control issues like not getting the "silent takedown" prompt when I'm directly behind someone. I've also had several game freezes and crashes where I've had to reboot the xbox cos the game just randomly froze, all controls did nothing.

I guess we know now why the review embargo went all the way up to launch day :(.

The game itself, and the story, I'm enjoying so far, although i still think the combat has become far too bloated and complicated versus arkham asylum, and the city is kind of lifeless. I don't know if it's just me, but the graphical style makes it quite hard to pick out henchmen and see which of them are armed, which are packing knives, etc, so you spend a lot of the time with detective vision on and as a result never get to know your way around the city. Also, there's a distinct lack of ability to grapple comfortably around the city, the "RB" prompt just doesn't appear when you want it to a lot of the time.

Combat is most definitely harder in this one. You have to be more careful about throwing out strikes, and careful to counter every single time the prompt comes up. It's harder to get away with hitting someone instead of countering them, and a lot easier to get your combo broken. I could build up 30 and 40 hit combos without breaking a sweat in the other games, it's rare i'm getting past 20 in this if there's any more than bog standard unarmed henchmen in the group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Spent ages trying to disable the comms tower in diamond district last night. Looked it up and turns out you need a gadget you get near the end of the game, is that right? I thought taking out the towers would be the first thing you could do.

Then it went mental laggu, kept saving and freezing, had to turn it off. I'm really really enjoying it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just finished now. Apart from the croc bug, I didn't encounter any other campaign bugs. Other bugs were the aforementioned tower as well as not being able to interrogate some of Enigma's data handlers.

As for the ending
    Oooh, a Suicide Squad game?
    I'm guessing future story DLC where you play as Deathstroke, kinda like Harley Quinn's Revenge where you played as Robin

Finished the game last night. It was alright, but the game had some serious problems. The lag I experienced in about three different areas made me have to quit the game and go back into it. The camera was really poor in some cases. My fear of there being so many major Batman enemies in AC that they'd have to dredge through minor enemies for the next game came true. The game also committed the cardinal sin of prequels by giving you great weapons that for some reason you don't bother using in the sequels. Also, whoever decided to bring back the raft stuff needs a batarang to the face. There was less of it than in AC, but it's still annoying as sh*t.

Overall though, it was more of the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Combat is still great and new enemy types make it harder than ever. City looks great. Going to start the side missions and see what surprises pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Then it went mental laggu, kept saving and freezing, had to turn it off. .

That for me has been the only negative. Really enjoying the game, but the freezing and glitches are becoming a real pain, happening way too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I enjoyed the previous games, but I am finding this one just frustrating in every way , I like the story but I feel the game is keeping me away from it at every possible opportunity.

Maybe it's just me , but the combat feels slightly tweaked, counters never seem 100% consistent even on standard mobs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any of you guys that get stuck at Burnley comms tower on PC, this works:

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    ...whoever decided to bring back the raft stuff needs a batarang to the face. There was less of it than in AC, but it's still annoying as sh*t...

I groan every time I get to that room in AC with the shark in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Batman just doesn't like water. He has a big puss on his face every time he hauls himself out of water too.

I've noticed a few glitches so far. Fighting deadstroke at one stage he just disappeared mid fight and I had to restart that fight.

It also keeps dropping my settings, I can only run two screens at a time on my PC but have 3, so I switch to the projector to play the game and it seems that is confusing the settings of this game. If I launch form steam big picture the game crashes with D3D errors. The only way I can get it to launch is through the Nvidia geforce experience program.

I have the burnley tower problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a way to spend a bank holiday, only took me about 2hrs to finally beat Deathstroke.

Head is wrecked! Oh well, onwards and upwards!!!!

What a way to spend a bank holiday, only took me about 2hrs to finally beat Deathstroke.

Head is wrecked! Oh well, onwards and upwards!!!!

but didn't you feel great the moment you did beat him:confused::D
    I know i did:D

biggebruv wrote: »
    but didn't you feel great the moment you did beat him:confused::D
    I know i did:D

Same here, I even dressed up my xbox avatar in the outfit beating him unlocked, wearing like a badge of honor he is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Finished the main story there. Took longer than it should because the last boss fight kept crashing. If it weren't for all the bugs, it'd be a really enjoyable game. Nothing amazing, as it doesn't offer a whole lot that's new, but it was a lot of what I expected as we wait for the proper Arkham sequel to come along. I liked how the end sequence
    hints at the origins of Joker rather than ignore them or openly saying who he was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone know if WB have confirmed the glitch?

Not being able to finish it is driving me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finished the main story, unlike the previous games, this really gripped me on the story so that the extras like
    Penguin's weapons caches and Anarchy's bombs are now awaiting my attention (and I've actually mostly finished the Penguin ones - nice that they'll be helpful in the multiplayer)

The choice of characters was good I thought, great to see some of the less popular lads and lassies getting a run out, but taking my "Arkham series fan goggles" off, you can't call this a great game because there's pretty much nothing of note added to the game and as mentioned above, the ideas that you have all these gadgets that the chronologically later games don't start with is frustratingly annoying. The opportunity was to make a more "stripped down" and Batman still learning his craft game and less gadgets could have been a big help in that.

I'm glad those of you who were able to get past bugs have been able to enjoy the game, for all its faults, I think it really is a lot of fun. Time for some more multiplayer I think (despite bugs causing my progress not to get saved - I've not hit lvl 5 Joker Gang 4 times and lvl 5 Bane gang 3 times).

God damn it. 30% in and I go to load up just now and "CORRUPT SAVE, PLEASE DELETE".

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaarrrrgh :-/

F**k you WB Montreal. F**k you very much. Next time don't treat your paying customers like beta testers. If your attitude is to just get the game out no matter what shape its in and then fix it with patches, I'll be thinking very carefully about buying anything your paws have touched in future.

• Advertisement

God damn it. 30% in and I go to load up just now and "CORRUPT SAVE, PLEASE DELETE

I just did a speed run to make up some ground, and just as I'm coming to the death stroke fight, it's frozen up again and I need to forced restart. This is ridiculous, I'm seriously thinking of just forgetting about playing it altogether till they patch it.

Annoyed :-/

I just did a speed run to make up some ground, and just as I'm coming to the death stroke fight, it's frozen up again and I need to forced restart. This is ridiculous, I'm seriously thinking of just forgetting about playing it altogether till they patch it.

Annoyed :-/

just wondering are you on 360 or ps3

i hope this dont happen to me

biggebruv wrote: »
    just wondering are you on 360 or ps3

i hope this dont happen to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

damn bane is hard. that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got this on friday and traded it on saturday. Life's too short for this ****.

sweetie wrote: »

I'm beginning to agree, am I the only one who think "normal" difficulty is too hard?

sweetie wrote: »

:eek:how far into it did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

I've noticed a trend in that all the glitches/crashes are mainly PC and 360. I'm on PS3 and I've had no problems, bar one texture issue on a building.

As for gameplay, love it. The combat is noticinly tougher, but not so much to frustrate. They seem to have tweeked the time for counters slightly, and it makes for a much more intense combo system, and ultimately very gratifying when you hit a perfect 60x or whatever number. Thought the death stroke fight was intense,and satisfying in the close quarters aspect, as it wasn't just QTE counters. You had to be somewhat careful with the timing.

Ultimately, it does just feel like AC with a better story though. Then again, nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The camera ends up in some pretty horrendous places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone else feel that the Mad Hatter sections was just a poor attempt at giving us some 'scarecrow' level kind of love.
    Also, I like most other people passed the door section, but I don't know how or why....I couldn't find a pattern to it.

Was also disappointed with Deadshot's part, he's a master sniper...but then you have to go against him in a small room with 8 men. Doesn't fit his character at all.

Advertisement