Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

SeantheMan wrote: »

Was also disappointed with Deadshot's part, he's a master sniper...but then you have to go against him in a small room with 8 men. Doesn't fit his character at all.

Yeah, I expected it to be a lot harder too. Found his fight pretty easy tbh.

Anyone else feel that the Mad Hatter sections was just a poor attempt at giving us some 'scarecrow' level kind of love.

Yep, absolutely, although not as well done, and without as much character. Also the camera movement was annoying. It felt like it was just ticking a box. "Scarecrow-esque platforming level? Check!"
    Also, I like most other people passed the door section, but I don't know how or why....I couldn't find a pattern to it.

You're supposed to
    watch the pictures above each of the doors. There's a rabbit that moves between them. You go through whichever door he's above each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

I've only had around an hour with this over the weekend.
    Arrived home this sitting on the table with a six pack and my dinner cooked! What a surprise & a nice way to relax after a 14hr day.

There is something slightly different about the combat, on normal.

Loved the fight with croc and the music is excellent.

I'm worried reading some of the critisim.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Are people really having difficulty with this? Sorry guys, you're going to have to up your game, this is not a difficult game at all on "Normal" but there are some very challenging bits for sure. Anyone who's played any of the Arkham games for more than 6 hours shouldn't have any significant difficulty in figuring out what combo of tricks or attack styles to use for 95% of the game. Go do the challenges in the Batcave, they give you a chance to practice and to gain XP so you're better equipped to deal with fools on the street.

A few people have mentioned the camera, I gotta agree, it's not working properly at all when you're up against a wall in combat - especially when you've been charged at by a Venom brute. But you factor that into your play and double jump away from any walls if it happens (in the Deathstrike fight, it does this automatically with an FMV clip). It's poor that you have to allow for the game's shortcomings in such a manner though.

I think we can all agree that this could probably have done with another month or two of testing and ironing out, but it'd have missed the Christmas Market which is a big one, but it's a huge blot in WB Montreal's copy book to have had this go so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sorry if it's been asked beofre, but in reasonably far into the story , have all the comms towers done but the network relays for parkrow and amusement mile are not showing up on my map I can see if i hover over the area on the map I have 8 left in each, is it bugged or will they show up later?

Edit: Never mind, even though I had already done the tower and even though it was white I went back to it and rehacked it and they showed on my map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

biggebruv wrote: »
    but didn't you feel great the moment you did beat him:confused::D
    I know i did:D

I was D-lighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else getting stuck up against walls?

Its happened what the camera goes into an awkward angle for second or two but when I get it back in line and try to move Batman he just walks in the same spot. Needs a restart to get back to the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shiminay wrote: »
    Are people really having difficulty with this? Sorry guys, you're going to have to up your game, this is not a difficult game at all on "Normal" but there are some very challenging bits for sure. Anyone who's played any of the Arkham games for more than 6 hours shouldn't have any significant difficulty in figuring out what combo of tricks or attack styles to use for 95% of the game. Go do the challenges in the Batcave, they give you a chance to practice and to gain XP so you're better equipped to deal with fools on the street.

A few people have mentioned the camera, I gotta agree, it's not working properly at all when you're up against a wall in combat - especially when you've been charged at by a Venom brute. But you factor that into your play and double jump away from any walls if it happens (in the Deathstrike fight, it does this automatically with an FMV clip). It's poor that you have to allow for the game's shortcomings in such a manner though.

I think we can all agree that this could probably have done with another month or two of testing and ironing out, but it'd have missed the Christmas Market which is a big one, but it's a huge blot in WB Montreal's copy book to have had this go so badly.

Yeah, I found the combat difficult enough but it was mostly due to not having played the other Batman games in so long (and probably being a bit over-confident having platinumed both of them). Was still getting over x30 multiplier a lot of the time, but I'd just end up making stupid mistakes or the camera was in a bad spot that I didn't see hits coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im enjoying this i only have one complaint its the map mission icons jesus christ do they all have to be blue and blend into the already blue map
    its ok for main missions there green but change the rest to orange or something

anybody else feel like that or just me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Was also disappointed with Deadshot's part, he's a master sniper...but then you have to go against him in a small room with 8 men. Doesn't fit his character at all.

That fight on Blackgate wasn`t bad(If a little short). You enter a yard & are in his sniper sights then you hide behind items in the yard until you get into a safehouse take out guards then use a light to blind him & zipline kick him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to agree, am I the only one who think "normal" difficulty is too hard?

I picked hard for my first playthrough. This game is harder than AA and AC for sure. If you are new to the franchise, I can imagine it being very tricky. Players of the previous two games though, shouldn't be having much difficulty. Deathstroke seems to have caused other people a lot more trouble than he caused me. People talking about him taking hours. I died 3 or 4 times on hard and then got the hang of it. I died more on Deathshot tbh because the hostage kept getting shot when I got him down to low hp. That was annoying.

It's tough going at the beginning of the game regarding combat....enemies are so much faster than before. I kept dying to the crimes in progress guys and other big groups. The key to the combat I find is getting your Health upgrades and your A+B finisher. If you are fighting a dozen enemies, you need to be able to take the out quickly or you will get overwhelmed so I find knocking down 3 or 4 guys and doing an A+B attack knocks several enemies out at once.

After a few hours of gameplay I had levelled up enough and now I'm blasting through the game.

Kirby wrote: »
    It's tough going at the beginning of the game regarding combat... The key to the combat I find is getting your Health upgrades and your A+B finisher. If you are fighting a dozen enemies, you need to be able to take the out quickly...

I think the combat is a bit faster than before, and you need to pay more attention to countering, but I really dont think its tough. Keeping your head about you and watching and prioritising your attacks is key, and getting levelled up to the point where you have free flow focus, power gadgets, critical strikes, and takedowns after 5 hits(instead of 8) makes it significantly easier.

For anyone who's not aware, if you hit an enemy once and immediately vault over him and then hit another enemy once, vault over, repeat, repeat, repeat you can build up your combo meter as much as you like without ever really worrying about being hit. The only thing you really need to be aware of is armed enemies (cos they shoot at you) and armoured henchmen (because they break your combo unless you attack them correctly).

Take those guys out as soon as possible, and short of any big guys or martial arts experts, to break your flow, combat is a walk in the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Bollox, got a glitch on the PS3....industrial area com's tower is still electrified even though I punched in both of the computer terminals. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Very disappointed in this game.

Glitches,slow down, and they've not made the camera any better which was the one flaw with the 2 rocksteady games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So anyone else instantly get reminded of Home Alone when you started the game? :) I know the song is from before Home Alone but it's where I first remember hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I had 2GB left on my download and now its all gone... It's making me start again :mad:

any idea for a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So anyone else instantly get reminded of Home Alone when you started the game? :) I know the song is from before Home Alone but it's where I first remember hearing it.

I've been humming the f*cking thing for three days now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Went back to multiplayer tonight ....... for an achievement boosting session in a private lobby and had more fun than playing it legit :pac:

Penguin bossfight in Blackgate is a biatch, one false move & bang restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I had 2GB left on my download and now its all gone... It's making me start again :mad:

any idea for a fix?

Fixed it :D
    I guess screaming at Steam does the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

There is a new patch out

Think that's just a multiplayer patch. So still have to wait on the single player one

CastorTroy wrote: »

It's called "Carol of the Bells". It's a famous Christmas carol from Ukraine. It's been all over TV and in films for years, but yeah it reminds most people of Home Alone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Did the game totally sh|t itself after you finished the story?
    Lot's of stuff that was half working is now straight broken.
    PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did the game totally sh|t itself after you finished the story?
    Lot's of stuff that was half working is now straight broken.
    PC.

I finished the game, went to a gang fight...last man to interrogate...I couldn't interrogate him.
    So I left it thinking I'd come back later, went to a crime scene, found suspect...couldn't interrogate him either.
    Turned off game

I finished the game, went to a gang fight...last man to interrogate...I couldn't interrogate him.
    So I left it thinking I'd come back later, went to a crime scene, found suspect...couldn't interrogate him either.
    Turned off game

Yeah, 2 guys on the bridge I couldn't interrogate. But I came back to the game the next day and was able to interrogate others. May go back and try interrogating the bridge ones again.
    that reminds me, I must check crime scenes. I did the first one just then another opened.

Just
    saved alfred from dying with Electrocutioner`s gloves and heading to Blackgate for the Joker/Bane.
    I am guessing I am near the end.
    Didn`t like the fact Bane finds out your identity, they covered their ass then saying one of Venoms effects is loss of memory.

Found the Firefly and Copperhead boss fights enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just
    saved alfred from dying with Electrocutioner`s gloves and heading to Blackgate for the Joker/Bane.
    I am guessing I am near the end.
    Didn`t like the fact Bane finds out your identity, they covered their ass then saying one of Venoms effects is loss of memory.

Found the Firefly and Copperhead boss fights enjoyable.

Firefly was really irritating for me.
    Gonna talk about what to do so spoilering up:
    When he shoots the flamethrower there was a visible delay between when the flame left the weapon and when it struck the ground. But for me, half the time it was near instantly damaging and very hard to dodge. Very frustrating.

Late boss encounter:
    Titan-Bane was nerve wracking. Very tense and well done. But still glitchy as hell. He could tackle you around corners and would just stand outside grates but there was no Takedown prompt. Pretty sure I barely made it too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Bought this before launch, just playing this now (Steam). Is the game quite buggy/screen-teary? Bioshock Infinite played fine (for the most part) but this one I see stalling etc.

Also, the Deathstroke pre-order bonus. Is that one of these? Here's what I got in the e-mail from Game.co.uk. Have I been shafted?
    Here’s the info you need for D/DL PC BATMAN ORIGINS:

Activation code: HLGQP-xxxxx

Here’s the info you need for Joker DLC:

Activation code: WAMNW-xxxxxx

Here’s the info you need for Bane DLC:

Activation code: II5RA-xxxxxxx

Here’s the info you need for Robin DLC:

Activation code: Y4KLV-xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, my plan was to wait for the GOTY edition. With any luck, the bugs will have been patched by then.

Advertisement