Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Bought this for the Xbox today and played a couple of hours. I loved the previous two games but this one doesnt seem to have improved on much. Seems to be more like Arkham City 2.0 than a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bought this for the Xbox today and played a couple of hours. I loved the previous two games but this one doesnt seem to have improved on much. Seems to be more like Arkham City 2.0 than a new game.

Thought that for a while but while there is a lack of polish and the odd glitch the setting and story make up for it, like the first meeting with the
    joker in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Late boss encounter:
    Titan-Bane was nerve wracking. Very tense and well done. But still glitchy as hell. He could tackle you around corners and would just stand outside grates but there was no Takedown prompt. Pretty sure I barely made it too.

For that boss
    It was taking me ages, dying multiple times before I discovered you could do corner takedowns. This made things a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm just in the game a few hours, it really does. The difficulty setting seems to assume you've played the other 2. I'm not sure if more people would've complained but Gotham seems to be the exact same so far (i'm sure they've added more sections) but the feeling is "oh yeah, Gotham, yep, been here before, move along". Even the start of the game feels like you're halfway through a previous game, if that makes sense. They already are lightly pressuring me to treasure hunt around for wifi towers... I'm hoping Varik's reply is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

i updated the patch on ps3 and now the main bridge between gotham is just useless cant land cant do anything he just falls through it WTF is going on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Varik wrote: »
    Thought that for a while but while there is a lack of polish and the odd glitch the setting and story make up for it, like the first meeting with the
    joker in the bank

I'm not very far in so i am keeping an open mind and willing to give it time before i judge it fully but jaykhunter those describe pretty well how the game feels so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Spent like 30 mins trying to get out of a building and then got annoyed and googled the section and found out the door I had went to first was bugged and wouldn't open. It tricked me because when I went up to it and went to open it, it would make a noise as if it was locked. I am enjoying the game but it is really just more Arkham City.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For that boss
    It was taking me ages, dying multiple times before I discovered you could do corner takedowns. This made things a bit easier.
    Best tactic is hide in floor grates near electrified jail cells. When you do a takedown, he'll hit the cell and it'll cause more damage.

Penn wrote: »
    Best tactic is hide in floor grates near electrified jail cells. When you do a takedown, he'll hit the cell and it'll cause more damage.
    Yeah did it once and think that's all could do it as I only saw one electrified cell with a grate in front of it. Tried steering him when I was on his back but no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm just in the game a few hours, it really does. The difficulty setting seems to assume you've played the other 2. I'm not sure if more people would've complained but Gotham seems to be the exact same so far (i'm sure they've added more sections) but the feeling is "oh yeah, Gotham, yep, been here before, move along". Even the start of the game feels like you're halfway through a previous game, if that makes sense. They already are lightly pressuring me to treasure hunt around for wifi towers... I'm hoping Varik's reply is right!
    Kinda yeah, its like at times the game wants to remind you that you ain't great & kicks your ass a bit. You could moonwalk through a room & get bogged down in a similar encounter later. The boss fights feel a bit uneven. The Deathstroke one is too tough for one that appears so early in the game.
    For that boss

Oh this sounds quite tense. Best leave it until tomorrow. Found the first encounter at the Bank tricky enough.
    Haven't done any side missions, can you do them after the campaign?

• Advertisement

Just got to the second boss (assuming
    Killer Croc
    counts as the first), and it was awesome & unexpected. It's weird seeing places you've revisited with the same layout. I am annoyed they've recycled some animations, like when Batman opens the door. Even the camera angle is the same. Had the same complaint with Mario Galaxy 2! Em, does the lighting system change? Like is it always evening & snowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How do you get the other batsuits without playing the iOS game ?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Haven't done any side missions, can you do them after the campaign?

Not realy a spoiler but
    Yeah, like Arkham City you get the chance to go back and do the side missions

I am annoyed they've recycled some animations, like when Batman opens the door. Even the camera angle is the same. Had the same complaint with Mario Galaxy 2! Em, does the lighting system change? Like is it always evening & snowing?

They steal a few spots from the previous games too as you progress or adjust them a smidge. Its all set on Christmas Eve so I imagine the weather will remain constant.

Ah ok. Just had my first encounter with
    Deathstroke
    . I got through it after 2 tries but I'm shocked at the difficulty/persistent good timing required to beat him. Then the game didn't release the door locks, so after spending fifteen minutes re-combing the same area I had to go online to figure out you must exit out and reload the game entirely. (and voila they unlock). That's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ah ok. Just had my first encounter with
    Deathstroke
    . I got through it after 2 tries but I'm shocked at the difficulty/persistent good timing required to beat him. Then the game didn't release the door locks, so after spending fifteen minutes re-combing the same area I had to go online to figure out you must exit out and reload the game entirely. (and voila they unlock). That's ridiculous!

Took me an hour to beat him through sheer impatience more than anything. I'm not the most patient of people so waiting to counter his attacks annoyed me. I ended up just going on the attack most times and just ended up dying. His sword attacks took my health down quite quickly and me going full charge at him didn't help. Beat him in the end, and I just had to quit the game in relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Disabled a couple of the Arms caches around the city last night and got the message I had unlocked some stuff in Penguins black market... what/where the hell is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

maximoose wrote: »
    Disabled a couple of the Arms caches around the city last night and got the message I had unlocked some stuff in Penguins black market... what/where the hell is that?
    Its in the online part

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been tying, with extremely limited success, to play some of this online this week.

Aside from the fact that none of my progress from the weekend was saved, I find myself coming back to the same problem that consoles have caused to online gaming - no dedicated server (and yes, this started with consoles, it's your fault :p). You wait for 10 minutes to get a game started, then it's so badly lagged that 3 people just disconnect, there's rubber-banding all over the game and the whole thing is just a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shiminay wrote: »
    no dedicated server

This has done more than any other 'feature' to turn me off online gaming in the last couple of years. I f*cking hate it.

• Advertisement

You saw how much fun the multiplayer was, I'd love to be playing loads of it, but with this p2p nonsense, you can't.

Space Marine is the same, an incredible multiplayer game but impossible to play properly unless you go and organise a group yourself, you'll never get a game of it.

Meanwhile, over in grown up land, you can play a game of BF3 any time day or night because it has a server browser, so you can find the game you want to play. Fck you consoles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Not finding the multiplayer fun at all.

I think it's uninstall time for me.

Penn wrote: »
    Did it there, with a load of silent takedowns(kept hitting the wall not the electrified cages), the ending was a bit weak, with the Joker in a church.
    Now to go catch Deadshot & Shiva and the other side missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shiva is worth going after ealry as you unlock Critical Hits that double your combo. Unlocking special moves at 5x combo with critical hit upping my combo in increments of 2 makes it stupidly easy to rack up high combos.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Shiva is worth going after ealry as you unlock Critical Hits that double your combo. Unlocking special moves at 5x combo with critical hit upping my combo in increments of 2 makes it stupidly easy to rack up high combos.

Was just heading there and was levelling up(I had 11pts, I really hadn't upgraded in a while). Fecking game froze on me twice doing upgrades.

Patch is out
    Patch for PC is now live. This Patch will fix the following:

•Fix for the issue that was causing credits, consumables, and profile progress to not be saved in Multiplayer.
    •Fix for the Burnley Tower vent that Batman wasn't able to climb up
    •Fix for Free Flow Focus mode not unlocking upon unlocking Shadow Vigilante rank 3
    •Fixed player falling through elevators/world in most cases. For players that were stuck in free fall loop; if you are not back into the game or if it looks weird around you when you load the game, here are the steps. •Go in pause menu and select Restart from Checkpoint.
    •If Restart from checkpoint didn’t work, trying beating up all enemies around you.
    •If there aren’t any enemies around you, try going through a door.
    •Those steps should get you back into the game

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/Updates-on-support/m-p/11169#U11169

I just tried it and was able to get into the vent in Burnley Tower. All relays destroyed now. :)

Patch is out...

Where's the fooking xbox patch? :mad: I've totally stopped playing this because of corrupted save files and game freezes. I can't get into it at all because I've already lost a whole 25% progress over a corrupt save and every time i play it it ends up freezing up. It's no fun, totally game-breaking, and it takes you out of the flow of the story completely. It's just made me lose interest in it altogether till it gets patched, and the only reason i even still own it is because i want to follow the story on. Any other game would have been traded or returned as faulty by now.

This has been a shambles of a new release. Developers like WB Montréal who's attitude is just "rush it out and then fix it with a patch" ought to be ashamed of themselves.

From WB's official support/rant forum, posted yesterday. Looks like a 360 patch might be available in the next week or so.

1) Corrupted Saves – Xbox 360 only

Players have reported losing their saved game to data corruption. Specifically, when you try to choose a story slot to continue, it says “Corrupted” and if you select it, an error message appears which says, “The save is corrupt. Please delete it.” We believe we know what is causing this and need a few more days to validate before pushing a patch through.

2) Ongoing Crashing/Freezing Issues – Xbox 360 only

Players have reported recurring crashing and freezing while playing the game. We have been working hard to track down and resolve the problem as quickly as possible. We believe we know what is causing these issues and need a few more days to validate before pushing this patch through. In the meantime, some players have managed to avoid the freezing by disconnecting their console from the Internet while playing.

Source: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-Major-Fixes/m-p/25279#U25279

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There is no incentive to continue on after completing the main story.

I find the Riddlers (towers / data handlers) really really boring.
    Although the puzzles in Arkham city were a bit tooooo much , I still stuck with them...especially the Riddles.
    This time it just seems like it's there for completionists....there's no fun to it.

Also, what's the point of unlocking Fast Travel after completion.
    Did anyone manage to unlock ANY fast travel points other than the 2 standard ones....BEFORE they completed the game ?

• Advertisement

It's a fair point - for me they almost did too good a job with the story, each bit you finished, you felt absolutely compelled to carry on to the next and if they'd paced it slightly differently and left obvious spots to go off and wander, that wouldn't have been a problem at all I think. At no stage in the game did I feel that Batman had time to go off adventuring and doing side missions.

Advertisement