Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I find the Riddlers (towers / data handlers) really really boring.
    Although the puzzles in Arkham city were a bit tooooo much , I still stuck with them...especially the Riddles.
    This time it just seems like it's there for completionists....there's no fun to it.

I've been doing them as I go between main missions. It's easy XP and helps level up much quicker making combat easier.
    Also, what's the point of unlocking Fast Travel after completion.
    Did anyone manage to unlock ANY fast travel points other than the 2 standard ones....BEFORE they completed the game ?

Unjamming the towers is how you unlock the fast travel points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Have there been any ideas for a workaround to the corrupt save problem on the Xbox? I made a start on it last night, just beat
    Deathstroke
    and would quite like not to have to face him again. Once you get the timing right it's grand, but it's just a case of being patient and not making too many mistakes over a reasonable long fight.

Being ultra paranoid about corrupt saves, I ended up backing up the latest two saves every time I turn off the game.

I always go back to the Bat cave and let him stand around for 5 mins (so no random city events can happen) as I quit the game. Hopefully I'll avoid that problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

maximoose wrote: »

Unjamming the towers is how you unlock the fast travel points.

I know how to unlock them, but there was never any need. The 2 that split the map are enough. You can then glide to anywhere within a minute, I dunno how lazy batman wants to be.
    And if you didn't unlock them during the main quest...there's no point unlocking them after completion was my point.

I really enjoyed the game and it's story....just it's side missions in comparison with the previous games was lacking and felt tacked-on....as if we'd complain if we didn't have other things (which we would have...because we're never happy) :P

v3ttel wrote: »
    Have there been any ideas for a workaround to the corrupt save problem on the Xbox?...Being ultra paranoid about corrupt saves, I ended up backing up the latest two saves every time I turn off the game...

This never occurred to me. I've been burned once by this, i don't want it to happen again. Is transferring a save file from the HDD to the cloud save feature any use for this or do i need to use a flash drive?
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I know how to unlock them, but there was never any need. The 2 that split the map are enough. You can then glide to anywhere within a minute, I dunno how lazy batman wants to be.

I don't know what they were thinking with the map design. That long, boring bridge is an absolute killer to cross. I think i want to go after all the towers early in the story but i read that some of them can't be unlocked early as they need a gadget or something you only get later in the game.

What's the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think i want to go after all the towers early in the story but i read that some of them can't be unlocked early as they need a gadget or something you only get later in the game.

What's the story with that?

Yeah, there is one that you need the
    Electrocutioner's Gloves
    for and there is another tower that I think needs an Ice bomb by the look of it (Dunno if they even exist in this game yet, just going by the previous games!)

Bit annoying. Not as annoying as how much of a waste of a character the above mentioned is though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Watched the first hour of gameplay on youtube looks good. I think I might just rent it as I only do the story and few side missions. Would you knock this out in one evening or is it a 2/3 night job? I don't bother with all the collectible sand crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This never occurred to me. I've been burned once by this, i don't want it to happen again. Is transferring a save file from the HDD to the cloud save feature any use for this or do i need to use a flash drive?

All you have to do is to go into the System -> Storage -> games -> find Arham Origins -> Select your saved game & press A -> select copy -> choose the location to copy to

It should bring up the options of where you can copy it to at that point (HDD, Cloud or USB key - if connected). I copied one to my HDD and one to my cloud storage.

Apologies, but the instructions are just a rough guide from memory as I'm not in front of my Xbox at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

maximoose wrote: »
    there is another tower that I think needs an Ice bomb by the look of it (Dunno if they even exist in this game yet, just going by the previous games!)

What's annoying about that tower is that you can get past the first bit by just gliding (with a bit of skill) but you can't get in the first door afterwards until you get the specific item they want you to use (the door can't be interacted with at all).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Re: upgrade points, how do skills that have dotted lines work? Like to get the special combo boost (x5) do I have to have both boxes with dotted lines before it? Like I haven't spent anything on gunfire amour (you shouldn't be getting shot at!) but do I need it to get the higher close combat upgrades?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Re: upgrade points, how do skills that have dotted lines work? Like to get the special combo boost (x5) do I have to have both boxes with dotted lines before it?

I've got no idea on this either. I'm actually amazed that Warner managed to pull off making the in-game menu and levelling up system even MORE complicated to navigate than it was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The story was better than AC (personally I think it was on par with AA) but there are so many problems and stupid additions in this game and poor decisions, they made 2 of the assassins easily missed side missions.

Got a glitch now that won't let me interrogate anyone.

I don't like the new challenges set-up.

The camera is still as bad as ever (probably worse) and they's some very close areas where you're screwed by it.

Could have done without the venom users.

The game has some terrible loading, right in the middle of something you'll get a black screen as it loads or a bat symbol, and the frame rate is consistently dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The Shiva fight is so lazily designed they needn't have even bothered with her inclusion. Why did they pick 8 Assassins if you end up fighting Bane what 3 times and then they put more effort into parodying Scarecrow for a by the numbers Mad Hatter bit than the Deadshot one(think the lousy Two-Face boss fight in City) and Shiva which is just another fight tbh. Firefly, Croc, Copperhead and Deathstroke at least had a bit effort put into them. Who was the woman that was talking to Deathstroke at the end? I think she does a bit of a voiceover in some Blackgate cutscenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

finished it the story was great loved the last fight with bane very well done

i thought the story was better than city

i did not have an major issues throughout my play thankfully i did get a few slowdowns mostly when the game is saving it would happen so i just stayed still till it was done saving

and one major glitch on the bridge where i would keep falling through it
    but other than that plain sailing

I dunno if anyone else was wondering but the Deathstroke DLC is already included in PC versions. (so there's no download key). Here's the response I got about it :
    The Deathstroke DLC should be included within the game for the PC version of Arkham Origins.

You can confirm this going to "New Game > Story > Challenge" and checking if you are able to choose Deathstroke as a character there.

If not, please try this:

- Load Steam
    - From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    - Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    - Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    - Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If Steam finds any files which are damaged keep verifying the files until it reports that no files are damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not sure why everyone found Deathstroke so hard.
    It took me two goes on hard difficulty. First go I realised I lost because I didn't follow the prompts, second go I followed the prompts, used the grapnel and beat the **** out of him when I got an opportunity.

This will probably sound worse than it's intended, but does it maybe have something to do with player skill, rather than it being a bad boss fight? I really enjoyed it, proper martial arts stuff and decent reactions needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Not sure why everyone found Deathstroke so hard.
    It took me two goes on hard difficulty. First go I realised I lost because I didn't follow the prompts, second go I followed the prompts, used the grapnel and beat the **** out of him when I got an opportunity.

This will probably sound worse than it's intended, but does it maybe have something to do with player skill, rather than it being a bad boss fight? I really enjoyed it, proper martial arts stuff and decent reactions needed.

Took me a few times to beat him but he was certainly harder than the electrocutioner! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just cleared it, really enjoyed it, finishing side missions now but cant seem to interrogate anyone since finishing the main story.

Right, have a load of side missions done, one wanted suspect is still blacked out, anyone know who is left? Also, for the dark knight challenges, I am stuck on 'do 4 exotic takedowns in a predatory room'. I did 4 perfect ones just like it described and it didn't pop, happen to anyone else?

Just finished the
    Joker/hotel sequence culminating in a difficult bane fight
    - story has really picked up. Loved that
    Harley Quinn chat where you got to play in Joker's mind for a bit - reminds me of the Scarecrow sequences
    from the first game. I do wonder though, why doesn't
    Batman kill people? I guess it starts him down a path to corruption but I'm talking repeatedly having to string up bosses that go to prison, escape, kill more people. Like the potential hundreds of lives saved by killing these murderers the first time around should have some kind of justification. You'd wonder when Gotham's police force is so rotten on the inside, SWAT team going for the bounty, why is he fighting to save Gotham?
    :)

On a side note, finding having to fight reams of padded goons quite difficult. If you could get rid of the guns you could just counter all day. It's that crowded!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just cleared it, really enjoyed it, finishing side missions now but cant seem to interrogate anyone since finishing the main story.

Right, have a load of side missions done, one wanted suspect is still blacked out, anyone know who is left? Also, for the dark knight challenges, I am stuck on 'do 4 exotic takedowns in a predatory room'. I did 4 perfect ones just like it described and it didn't pop, happen to anyone else?

Happened to me for both, you need to exit and load again for the interrogation to work again.

I did the challenge in blackgate but I'll now have to do it again in NG+ and try at the bank, with a save copied to a usb stick in case I don't again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

how long did it take u to do the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I do wonder though, why doesn't
    Batman kill people?
    :)

It's not just this game, but Batman as a character, it's what sets him apart from other characters. No matter how dark he gets, he never resorts to that, because then he is no worse than they are. You see it even in the films, he spares Bane, saves Joker, saves Raz al Ghul,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Loving this game so far.

I've played about 4-5 hours worth I think. It's plenty more of the batman games we love and so far I'm finding the story really interesting, possibly more gripping than the previous two games.

Apparently no one really liked the Deathstroke boss fight... I appear to be in the minority here. Found it pretty entertaining and didn't think it took too long to beat him.

Just after finishing off the Gotham Bank section so the story is really picking up now.

etxp wrote: »
    how long did it take u to do the story?

I'm not sure, must check my stats next time im on.

I thought the deathstroke fight was class.

Anyone start ng+ yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not sure, must check my stats next time im on.

I thought the deathstroke fight was class.

Anyone start ng+ yet?

Yes this morning ...... corrupted save..... lucky I backed up yesterday , reluctant to go near the game now until it's patched next week . (xbox 360 btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I do wonder though, why doesn't
    Batman kill people? I guess it starts him down a path to corruption but I'm talking repeatedly having to string up bosses that go to prison, escape, kill more people. Like the potential hundreds of lives saved by killing these murderers the first time around should have some kind of justification.
    It's the line he just can't cross. He knows he could save lives by doing it. But, in his own words (from the Under The Red Hood animated film); "If I allow myself to go down into that place... I'll never come back"

On that note, how f*cking good is Under the Red Hood! Will have to give it another watch soon.

On that note, how f*cking good is Under the Red Hood! Will have to give it another watch soon.

Watched it during the week with Year One and Gotham Knight. Have you seen Return of the Dark Knight Parts 1 & 2?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Watched it during the week with Year One and Gotham Knight. Have you seen Return of the Dark Knight Parts 1 & 2?

Havent watched return yet but will soon. The comic was brilliant. Is the film any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Havent watched return yet but will soon. The comic was brilliant. Is the film any good?

Yep, its brilliant. Does an excellent job of putting the comic on the screen and Peter Weller is a very good old Batman/Bruce.

Advertisement