Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have so little interest in playing this I'm just casually reading the spoiler tagged comments. Just to watch the world burn.

But yeah, Arkham City was a big step down quality wise after the leaner, more focused Asylum. It was a sprawling game full of frustrating busywork getting in the way of the A grade stuff, and more of the same just sounds really unappealing to me. Would love to see a Batman game that really breaks the mould established so far: lot of potential in the character and world :) Hopefully Rocksteady has something fun planned.

Preferably with no collectibles whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All I have left are about half the riddles and a few inmates to round up but not pushed at all. Have no interest in the multiplayer so the plat trophy is out the window. Thinking of trading it in for credit against the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

So far the game has played smooth with most effects maxed out but entering Blackgate prison the frame rate drops so low it unplayable. Turned down all graphic effects but it's still the same. Anybody else have these issues on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Glebee wrote: »
    So far the game has played smooth with most effects maxed out but entering Blackgate prison the frame rate drops so low it unplayable. Turned down all graphic effects but it's still the same. Anybody else have these issues on PC.

Turning off AA gave me a big performance boost, have everything else turned up to max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Picked it up a day or 2 ago, and am absolutely loving it.The story is alot better than I thought it would be.Only thing I've been slightly annoyed at is the combat. It doesn't feel as fluid as previous games and cause of the color tones, it can be hard to spot an armored guy until you're up close to them(but that could be just my ****ty eyesight)really liking some of the side missions as well, thought the Hatter one looked lovely and the boss fights are at a nice difficulty level where they're not frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Turning off AA gave me a big performance boost, have everything else turned up to max.

Have everything off and res dropped down and still no playable..Perfect on max up to this :mad:

Got it sorted, dont know what the problems was. Nice ending to any enjoyable game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played a load of MP yesterday and it's fun, both as the villains and heroes. I managed to kill the joker as one of bane's guys and took down the dynamic duo a good few times. Playing as either batman or robin is great as well, it's like the ultimate predator mission as the other players have a few gadgets of their own and a very limited bat-vision like things.

I hope that Rocksteady keep it there game and improve on it of course but this is a good addition, if the game overall had a few less problems and was rocksteady developed then I'd think people would have been less harsh on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »
    All I have left are about half the riddles and a few inmates to round up but not pushed at all. Have no interest in the multiplayer so the plat trophy is out the window. Thinking of trading it in for credit against the ps4

Not fussed at all with the Multiplayer. Did the Black Mask drug stashes and Anarky bomb side missions just now.
    The attempted Boss Fights? at the end are such a let down, a scrap in a room against overmatched opponents, a stylish cutscene would of been far more rewarding. Have the Penguin, Deadshot and Bird(whoever that is) missions left as well as the riddler one. If I take out the camera thingys will that do to get past the door in his hideout

No, I took out all the relays but still couldnt get passed enigmas door, guess I have to get all the riddles but that shouldnt stop the jammer system in place so maybe its glitched for me.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No, I took out all the relays but still couldnt get passed enigmas door, guess I have to get all the riddles but that shouldnt stop the jammer system in place so maybe its glitched for me.

So you have to gather up them datapacks too!
    Oh fück off again Riddler

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    So you have to gather up them datapacks too!
    Oh fück off again Riddler

after I got all the relays, it said to go to his hq. When I got there he was on the comms saying blast it and bats, said hes not a threat anymore and closed the case, bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Bighead mode is back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Been playing the anarchy quest today and realised just how annoying grappling is!

Some rooftops which have obvious grapple points, don't show up for ages when gliding. Really difficult to get around

It's really head wrecking and takes from the game

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

All finished with the main story, very enjoyable but I thought the ending was a bit anti-climactic.

Can anyone tell me how to trigger the following two cases, they're the only two I haven't got:
    -Prisoner escape: I gather you have to do a crime in progress and Gordon radios you, but this hasn't triggered with me.
    -Shiva, have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

chickenboy wrote: »
    All finished with the main story, very enjoyable but I thought the ending was a bit anti-climactic.

Can anyone tell me how to trigger the following two cases, they're the only two I haven't got:
    -Prisoner escape: I gather you have to do a crime in progress and Gordon radios you, but this hasn't triggered with me.
    -Shiva, have no idea.

You can access
    shiva
    very early on I'm surprised you actually didn't trigger it , I knew how and actively avoided it so I could come back later.
    After the story mission in the bank when you exit you can hear a baby crying just ahead if you approach the pram it will trigger Shiva
    so go to the bank it's outside just enable your bat vision and you will see it easily

chickenboy wrote: »

-Shiva, have no idea.

The escaped prisoners popped up for me as soon as I had all Crime Scenes done. Crime scenes appear one at a time so keep at em. Gordon got onto me as soon as the last one was done.

Just got to the bit in the story where
    joker boots the electrocutioner out of the penthouse window. What a waste of a potential boss. Felt like a vehicle for giving batsy the ridiculously overpowered shock gloves. At least they killed off a D-grade villain instead of an A-lister this time though...

Story is coming along nicely. Seems like it's the strongest aspect of the game. I'm actually compelled to keep playing and ignore the side missions to find out what happens.
    ....how annoying grappling is!...Some rooftops which have obvious grapple points, don't show up for ages when gliding. Really difficult to get around...It's really head wrecking and takes from the game

I noticed this immediately on first playing the game. It's a step back from Arkham city in terms of the ease of getting around. Less places are grapple-able and the ones that are take longer for the prompt to appear.

Also, i miss the line launcher. The remote claw is a poor replacement for it. It's fun stringing up goons and firing gas cylinders around the place, but apart from that it's got nowhere near as much versatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It hasn't caught my attention like previous games. I'm only as far as copperhead fighting seems more frustrating than hard at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The copperhead fight is such a mess, it's hard to see any of what's going on. Just do the quick-fire explosive gel over and over and you'll win. It's dumb.

I had to look up how to get the all-important disarm and disable skill where you break whatever weapons the enemies use, it's pretty vital and the level up screen lies to you saying you have it when in fact you need to do 'bird' missions to unlock that ability. It doesn't even make sense why it would unlock after those missions.

All in all though, I think it's a great game - it just doesn't add anything new to the series in my opinion. Most of the combat animations only have small tweaks done to them, with like one or 2 new moves.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Coming up to the end of the game. Are there any side quests you can't do after finishing the game (ie that I should do now!) ?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Coming up to the end of the game. Are there any side quests you can't do after finishing the game (ie that I should do now!) ?

Some of the challenges have to be done at certain points and if missed would need to be done on the new game plus.

Can you be more specific? I mean like finishing
    Anarchy, Mad Hatter, Sheva, open cases like Dixon Docks shooting, Riddler trophies/goons etc. I'm just starting blackgate to get to joker now

Can you be more specific? I mean like finishing
    Anarchy, Mad Hatter, Sheva, open cases like Dixon Docks shooting, Riddler trophies/goons etc. I'm just starting blackgate to get to joker now

The challenges, meaning things like beat a predator room without being seen or do 4 special takedowns in one room or use a power gadget 3 times in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just finished the story on hard, thought the last fight was a bit underwhelming tbh. That aside I think the overall story was great, maybe the strongest of the three games and I really enjoyed it.

I've
    finished Anarky, captured all escapees, destroyed all drug containers, disrupted all weapons caches, solved all street crimes, done all assassins and finished story
    .. and only 48%!!! That remaining 52% better not be all riddler ****e, can't be arsed with that

Time to give the online a go then maybe start a ng+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The copperhead fight is such a mess, it's hard to see any of what's going on. Just do the quick-fire explosive gel over and over and you'll win. It's dumb.

What was wrong with it? I can't imagine using explosive gel at all in that fight. I just fought her as I would any other group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xbox version has just been patched.

calex71 wrote: »
    Xbox version has just been patched.

Just as GTR has done the main story and side missions. The Crime Scene parts were enjoyable if too simplistic. The gather 20 blackgate prisoners was up there with gathering the dosh with Catwoman at the very end in City as the most underwhelming payoff, at least Barbara said something interesting when you helped her out.
    Batman: "Gordon tell your Men to back off & let me do my job".
    Gordon: "I will think about it".
    Me: "Fúck off Jim"

Been collecting data packs whilst listening to podcasts. Two birds and all that. I'm worried though, I didn't collect one data pack that's in
    Bane's HQ. Now it's blown up. I can't find a way in.
    Am I boned?

Been collecting data packs whilst listening to podcasts. Two birds and all that. I'm worried though, I didn't collect one data pack that's in
    Bane's HQ. Now it's blown up. I can't find a way in.
    Am I boned?

They carry over to the New game plus but I don't think you ever not able to go back, where was
    Bane's HQ is it the hotel you mean
    ; finished the game but not sure where you're on about.

• Advertisement

It's this one here. Entrance has been blown up, I can't gain entrance via the manhole... :/

fast-forward to twenty seconds or click here http://youtu.be/kXBcSwLdjbg?t=20s

Advertisement