Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

Thanks for that. Half an hour of mind numbing throwing smoke pellets and punching thin air but it worked in the end. Hopefully it will be the last glitch I encounter.

No worries!

I seem to be running into a weird one occasionally that forces me to restart from last save. I don't quite know what happens, but batman interacts weirdly with some of the game environment when he's falling off an edge or a roof or dropping down onto a lower platform or something, and when he lands he's stuck in a walking motion, and has no attacks, no evade, no gadgets, nothing.

Always seems to happen when there are goons around too, which means you either get shredded up by them or have to restart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

My disc (PS3) no longer reads. There's no scratches on it and everything else works on the console. The drive keeps on making a clunking noise when the disc is inserted. Anyone else come across this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Started new game plus, ninjas are a lot harder now without the counter warning as you don't know which move they're about to do.

Died twice now in the gladiator pit on the ship, if this was the permadeath mode I'd have lost a hour or 2 from that.
    My disc (PS3) no longer reads. There's no scratches on it and everything else works on the console. The drive keeps on making a clunking noise when the disc is inserted. Anyone else come across this issue?

Make a back up of any saves and try "Rebuild Database" from the system recovery menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Just finished New Game Plus, think I'm done with it now. Have to say I really liked it. It doesn't have the charm of Arkham Asylum, but it's a much more focused game than Arkham City. Really enjoyed the darker experience as well.

Shame about all the bugs, I reckon another month or two of development time would have served it well. All in all, it's a great game hidden behind some pretty poor software.

tailgunner wrote: »
    Just finished New Game Plus, think I'm done with it now. Have to say I really liked it....All in all, it's a great game hidden behind some pretty poor software.

I finished it a few days back, and I'd agree 100% with that. The bugs were frustrating to the point of game-breakingness, but putting them aside, the story and the game itself are both strong. I loved the riddler towers and the level of difficulty of clearing out snipers and goons and the like before you could access them, and the game world is very well realised.

Combat and the weirdness of how the countering system timing and poor camera control make fighting erratic means I probably won't go for the new game plus, (cant imaging those fights without a counter prompt) but I can see myself grinding out the last few riddler trophies and the like. Have most of the criminal side quests done now, but can't see myself getting too stuck into the challenges as its pretty much impossible to ever complete the predator ones to 100% after the game is finished so what's the point? That was a real clanger to drop in terms of game design, as there's a lot of gameplay left to do in those challenges and nowhere to do it without starting a new game.

All in all, bugs aside, more of the same but very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finished the all the Riddler challenges and started NGP over the weekend. Haven't found it too difficult yet, but only as far as Deathstroke.

What's the story with unlocking the blackgate prisoners most wanted? Is there some specific set of conditions you need to meet?

I've completed all the others with the exception of enigma and his datapacks which I'm 30 or 40 percent through, and I've finished the main story and it hasn't appeared on my menu, no call from Gordon yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

What's the story with unlocking the blackgate prisoners most wanted?

It unlocked for me after I did all the crime scenes. Not sure if there's anything else you have to, I haven't done much of the Riddler stuff.

A lot of people have mentioned issues with the combat, I didn't think it was any different from the previous games.

There were a couple of bigger fights in pretty confined spaces that I found annoying, but the combat itself felt as fluid as ever.

What's the story with unlocking the blackgate prisoners most wanted? Is there some specific set of conditions you need to meet?

I've completed all the others with the exception of enigma and his datapacks which I'm 30 or 40 percent through, and I've finished the main story and it hasn't appeared on my menu, no call from Gordon yet.

I got them after beating all the assassins/most wanted.

Got it after beating Deadshot, I had all the crime scenes done at that point as well as the enigma stuff.

Yeah, Blackgate prisoners spawn when you finish the last of the crime scenes. You get a call from Gordon not too long after.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, Blackgate prisoners spawn when you finish the last of the crime scenes. You get a call from Gordon not too long after.

Bingo, thanks! That's what I'll be at next so. Am still annoyed i wont' be able to get the predator challenges and I've completely given up on trying to finish the combat ones. A 50+ combo with a 15x multiplier without taking any damage? Never gonna happen....
    tailgunner wrote: »
    A lot of people have mentioned issues with the combat, I didn't think it was any different from the previous games...

I'd have to disagree with that. It might only be slight differences, but they seem to really mess up the flow of combat for me versus the other two games. The enemies you have to counter lunge towards you and cover much more ground than before, and it seems like no matter how long you wait, as soon as you try to strike someone there's an enemy behind you you need to break off from the attack to counter. Also the camera being a bit erratic means that it's very hard to see who's behind you a lot of the time. I've been smacked out of a combo with almost no warning by an enemy i couldn't see that lunged at me from behind countless times.

Bingo, thanks! That's what I'll be at next so. Am still annoyed i wont' be able to get the predator challenges and I've completely given up on trying to finish the combat ones. A 50+ combo with a 15x multiplier without taking any damage? Never gonna happen....

The predator ones are down to place, but the combat ones are all doable; that 50+ is simple with the critical and shock gloves.

Varik wrote: »
    The predator ones are down to place, but the combat ones are all doable; that 50+ is simple with the critical and shock gloves.

it's not the 50+ i'm worried about, it's working in the 15x multiplier without taking a hit in a big enough gang of goons to make it doable.

That's every gadget, evade, takedown, etc all in one 50+ combo, no damage, no feck ups.

I'll give it a go, but i can't see myself sticking at it. Still, i suppose if i can get 3 trophies on shock and awe extreme in Arkham Asylum, anything's possible...:P

Decided to give the online a blast just now

Sat in a lobby of 4 for around 20 mins, got fed up and thought I'd back out and search again.

Backed out, tried to search and it froze at the select match screen.

Turned it off, back on again. Searched and found a match, sat in a lobby of 3 for 10 mins. Backed out, got an invite from someone who was in the first lobby - accepted, game froze.

Game is bloody borked.

Have a spare deathstroke DLC code for Xbox. If anyone wants it, pm me

Edit: gone!

Have a spare deathstroke DLC code for Xbox. If anyone wants it, pm me

I'm gonna make a start on challenge mode this evening i think, as both characters. I'm finished with the main story now, have 100% in all the side quests bar the riddler, and am looking for a bit more playability that i can wring out of this thing. Can't be bothered with multiplayer.

Is there any way to clean up B-Man's standard suit after game over, short of buying some DLC or using the free "Noel" skin you get on completion? Poor guy looks like swiss cheese. I like my batman with a bit more style :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I'm gonna make a start on challenge mode this evening i think, as both characters. I'm finished with the main story now, have 100% in all the side quests bar the riddler, and am looking for a bit more playability that i can wring out of this thing. Can't be bothered with multiplayer.

Is there any way to clean up B-Man's standard suit after game over, short of buying some DLC or using the free "Noel" skin you get on completion? Poor guy looks like swiss cheese. I like my batman with a bit more style :confused:

Try change his suit in the Batcave and then change it back?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Can't be bothered with multiplayer.

When it works, it's really, really good fun, so I'd urge you to give it 2 or 3 hours of play (you'll have had a chance to try all it offers at that stage). It's like being the goons in one of the Predator missions in the single player. Or you might get lucky and roll as Batman or Robin. If you've done the Penguin arms cache missions in the single player, you'll have a stack of content already unlocked for the goons too.

However, I'll stress the "when it works" in the first sentence. It has shtty console matchmaking and can take 10 minutes to get a game. Real shame cause it could be great. Same with the first time Assassins Creed had Multiplayer - the execution was actually brilliant, but bullsht matchmaking stuff meant that you almost never got a game cause you'd be waiting forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I have nothing left to do. I have the story and side missions done, except for the Riddlers extortion data, have about five of those left.

No interest in the challenge maps. Might trade it in during the week and get something else. It was great while it lasted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Shiminay wrote: »
    When it works, it's really, really good fun, so I'd urge you to give it 2 or 3 hours of play (you'll have had a chance to try all it offers at that stage). It's like being the goons in one of the Predator missions in the single player. Or you might get lucky and roll as Batman or Robin. If you've done the Penguin arms cache missions in the single player, you'll have a stack of content already unlocked for the goons too.

However, I'll stress the "when it works" in the first sentence. It has shtty console matchmaking and can take 10 minutes to get a game. Real shame cause it could be great. Same with the first time Assassins Creed had Multiplayer - the execution was actually brilliant, but bullsht matchmaking stuff meant that you almost never got a game cause you'd be waiting forever.

You've made me wanna give the online a go now. Too bad about the lame matchmaking. Is there any kind of mode where it's direct unarmed combat with batman? I always wanted to know what it would be like if you faced real people who could attack in different rhythms and with various weapons if they feel like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Shiminay wrote: »

Such a shame when they tack these MP modes onto potentially good games these days.

Is there a vehicle for private games. Something close to MP boosting might be all that's on the cards.

Just got past Bane on NG+, it was a serious pain. The stun didn't work half the time and Batman would do a little half punch and then the odd time bane would just start walking until he hit a wall and then start sliding along it.

I died about 5 times, and on the perma death mode I'll be needing to exit and restart the game each time.

I do like MP but I've had my levels reset a few times and thankfully they are stored locally so I just need to keep backups, I just now need XP and more wins for each faction and map.

Varik wrote: »
    Just got past Bane on NG+, it was a serious pain. .

Bane gave me serious trouble on my first playthrough on hard, kept dying stupidly and took a while to get past him. Started NG+ this morning, beat him first time. Typical.

Bane gave me serious trouble on my first playthrough on hard, kept dying stupidly and took a while to get past him. Started NG+ this morning, beat him first time. Typical.

I'd not problem the first time but time time I'd loads of issues with the stun and Bane just stopping a takedown to do his grapple move.

Then there was the fact that he's use venom and charge while I was right in front with no time to dodge and inevitably still be getting up as he made his second run.

Came across a few forum posts stating that the game was to be patched shortly to allow Dark Knight challenges to be done in Predator Challenge mode. I bloody hope so.

Finished story and NGP, and stuck at #10 in the Worst Nightmare track after finishing the other two tracks. My own fault probably but still, it's a bit daft not having any predator rooms respawn after the story is done (while having all those feckin snipers spawning in Diamond District)

Still haven't been able to find a match in multiplayer, never got more than 5 players in a lobby. I wonder is it ****ty matchmaking or there's just no one playing it.

Came across a few forum posts stating that the game was to be patched shortly to allow Dark Knight challenges to be done in Predator Challenge mode. I bloody hope so.

Finished story and NGP, and stuck at #10 in the Worst Nightmare track after finishing the other two tracks. My own fault probably but still, it's a bit daft not having any predator rooms respawn after the story is done (while having all those feckin snipers spawning in Diamond District)

Still haven't been able to find a match in multiplayer, never got more than 5 players in a lobby. I wonder is it ****ty matchmaking or there's just no one playing it.

I got stuck on Worst Nightmare 6 in the first playthrough but I got the rest done in NG+.

The matchmaking considering it's been broken since day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

anyone know if there is a fix for game save corruption ? was about 50% of the way through .....sigh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Haven't heard of any save corruption since release, but I doubt there's any fixes since it's a console port meaning very limited save management and no backups. I guess you'll just have to start again and just manually back up your game every now and then (if it's even possible on console I'm not sure, they lock a lot of stuff these days for achievements and trophies).

The worst nightmare track sitting on it's own at 20% complete was driving me bats (heh) so i caved in and started a new game plus.

What's the quickest way to accomplish the predator achievements for worst nightmare? Can i do a bunch of them in the same predator room? Can i get one, die then repeat the room and get the next one so i don't have to trudge all the way to the next room? What's all this about hanging ledge takedowns and exotic takedowns? Anyone got any tips?

• Advertisement

They only count after you've saved, meaning after the room is done so you can't die and do another. I might have gotten 2 done once but I'm not sure, better focus on them 1 by 1.

Hanging ledge can be done in a few places but it's has to be a open ledge with no railing.

For the exotic take-downs, it's best to do the most difficult first as they'll be looking for you afterwards if it was noticed and their patorl route will have changed.

Advertisement