Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

Found this thread on GameFAQs with a walk-through for doing them all in one play-through of the game. Looks like you need to follow the order listed quite closely, you can't waste a lot of enemies/takedowns and there seems to be a lot of restarting from last save if you don't get the pop up notifications you need etc. It seems very hard to get them all in one sitting, even if you ARE paying attention to them from the very start. What the hell were these designers thinking?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/710576-batman-arkham-origins/67681963

And a good guide on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4FPS_p5ww

Also, is it just my bugged game, or has anybody else noticed that the sonic batarang basically just doesn't work outside in the open world? Goons completely ignore it on rooftops and streets and the like. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Collectors editions (360/PS3) are now £49.99 on amazon in the black Friday deals for anyone interested, get in fast though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I picked this up last night in the Steam Sale, and while I'm quite enjoying it so far, there was a graphics bug quite early on which baffled me.

During the first fight with Killer Croc he'd keep disappearing when up close and the sound would completely shut off.

Graphics are all optimized and everything else has been smooth as hell outside that encounter. Just wondering if this is a common problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've heard similar problems and I had issues with a later boss fight. The game has a lot of bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

About to fight Bane
    at the Hotel
    for the 3rd time, this time it's real with a permanent death awaiting me if I fail.

Still need XP and wins for each map with each faction if anyone is interested on playing a bit.

1.04 seems to have sorted most things out.

• Advertisement

I just fought deathstroke on NG+ without any counter icons. That was a baffling ordeal of a boss fight. Am starting to wonder if getting this damn worst nightmare achievement is worth the hassle :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Finished the main story and was going back to do the side quests / riddler stuff but when i find someone to interogate, it won't come up with the option. Anyone else having any trouble with this? Happened about 3-4 times before i left them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

PauloConn wrote: »
    Finished the main story and was going back to do the side quests / riddler stuff but when i find someone to interogate, it won't come up with the option. Anyone else having any trouble with this? Happened about 3-4 times before i left them.

oh! glad i'm not the only one. I found it very common when an enemy gets near a wall. He's lying there cowering on the ground and I can't do anything!

All I could do was like yourself, leave and re-fight him later. PITA! You could say this game is riddled with bugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

oh! glad i'm not the only one. I found it very common when an enemy gets near a wall. He's lying there cowering on the ground and I can't do anything!

All I could do was like yourself, leave and re-fight him later. PITA! You could say this game is riddled with bugs :)

Yeah, was a bit of a pain. A mate mentioned that he'd lost all his saves from the corrupt file bug but i didn't have that problem, just this one. Was ok but for something thats not changed much i wasn't expecting so many bugs. Very shoddy, going to trade it in for anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

new dlc due tomorrow....supposedly an x360 patch incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

What's the DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

maximoose wrote: »
    What's the DLC?

Challenge maps where you play as Bruce Wayne in the final stages of his training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

PauloConn wrote: »

I noticed this often happens when there are other enemies nearby (but not part of the target group). When I got rid of the guy nearby, I got the interrogate prompt.

I don't remember whether this was always the case though - before I figured this out, I'd either exit and reload or come back later.

maximoose wrote: »
    What's the DLC?

4 challenge maps + 2 new skins....and a bit of GCI "story" footage....i'd lay ,oney the promo vid has all the scenes already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Doing a playthrough of "I Am The Night" mode if anyone wants to take a look at my progress

patches due next week, its been unplayable for many. The patch for Xbox 360 has undergone some unexpected delays throughout the approval process and the teams are now looking into combining Patch 3 and the next Patch into one for Xbox. As such, it is expected that this next patch will be live to end users mid-week next week. We thank all Xbox players for their continued patience.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/41737#U41737

need to jump back in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jenjenten wrote: »
    patches due next week, its been unplayable for many. The patch for Xbox 360 has undergone some unexpected delays throughout the approval process and the teams are now looking into combining Patch 3 and the next Patch into one for Xbox. As such, it is expected that this next patch will be live to end users mid-week next week. We thank all Xbox players for their continued patience.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/41737#U41737

7 or so patches for PC so far.

I'm really really unimpressed with a lot of the combat scenarios in Origins.

I was grand and happy throughout the first two games, but it just seems like this one flings a genuinely stupid amount of enemies at you who it can be virtually impossible to counter all at the same time. It just leads to annoying deaths and repeats that really shouldn't happen.

And don't even get me started on those knife wielding body guard pricks. You manage to stun them, and go to knock them out but there's already 2 people attacking you who you can't counter in time and this cycle is repeated.

Also Batman keeps breaking the glued down enemies half way across the bloody road for some reason.

It's really off-putting and is basically ruining what is a very fun game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

@ Sonics2k,

Try jumping over enemies and using the big dodge roll. It gives you more spacing and allows you to pick your battles a little more without being overwhelmed by so many enemies surrounding you and forcing you into unsafe moves and Vframes. If you dodge right out of a mob, you can single out the guys who are sprinting for you as they're the ones who are going to attack next and you can see it coming a mile away.

Break every weapon with the disarm and dismantle perk. Mandatory and will get rid of shields and stun sticks which can surprise you if you don't take care of them early. Use the bat-swarm combo move, also helps give you a quick break. If you get to freeflow (where things are slower), use the powered gadgets. The freeflow batarang instantly KOs three enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I can't believe it has taken this long for patches to be even announced.

Was gonna try for the game in one sitting but with the amount game crashed I've read about, it doesn't seem worth the risk.

@ Sonics2k,

Try jumping over enemies and using the big dodge roll. It gives you more spacing and allows you to pick your battles a little more without being overwhelmed by so many enemies surrounding you and forcing you into unsafe moves and Vframes. If you dodge right out of a mob, you can single out the guys who are sprinting for you as they're the ones who are going to attack next and you can see it coming a mile away.

Break every weapon with the disarm and dismantle perk. Mandatory and will get rid of shields and stun sticks which can surprise you if you don't take care of them early. Use the bat-swarm combo move, also helps give you a quick break. If you get to freeflow (where things are slower), use the powered gadgets. The freeflow batarang instantly KOs three enemies.

Cheers Robert, I knew and did all that anyway, just wanted to rant about it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

I'm at 99%, only need some Anarky tags and I'll be done, doubt I'll go for the "Batinum".

I have found this an excellent game, mainly because I switched off the "on screen hints" from the options menu.

It means that you don't get any counter prompts, so you have to get it right. It therefore took me far longer to beat the main bosses, Deathstroke was refreshingly difficult. I suspect that the counter icons would have helped make this an easier fight, but I'm happy with my choice :-)

A few disappointing aspects:
    - The absolutely terrible Electrocutioner - what a total waste of a fight - it was built up with a dialog sequence beforehand with him attempting to intimidate you, and he falls with one punch ? FFS.

- The fact that they took out the visual clue Riddler puzzles. These were very enjoyable, much more so than the "collect a trophy" ones. I would much prefer if all were visual puzzles rather than simply collecting something.

- The lack of predator rooms once the game has been completed.

All in all, thoroughly enjoyable despite what I have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

WB Montreal have announced the release of the latest patch :

not sure if anyone has gotten / tried these yet ? i stopped playing it on the 360 a week ago after 2 restarts / corrupt game save occurences .....:mad:

Stopped playing when I got the PS4, but will go back as I've only the last part of "i am the night" mode to finish and then I've to do some more MP for XP and map wins.

not sure if anyone has gotten / tried these yet ? i stopped playing it on the 360 a week ago after 2 restarts / corrupt game save occurences .....:mad:
    Pretty much.

A lousy 15mb patch for 360....loads of people still reporting bugs, patch 4 still to be released :rolleyes:

Hey, remember when games just worked, out of the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/23/special-batman-themed-announcement-teased-for-december-31st/

Arkham announcement incoming 31st of December.
    DLC, Next Gen remake or something new?

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/23/special-batman-themed-announcement-teased-for-december-31st/

Arkham announcement incoming 31st of December.
    DLC, Next Gen remake or something new?

This smells of a next gen version, due to very poor 360/PS3 sales....might be a GOTY edition with all the season pass DLC and patches released to date.

Think its too early for the Rocksteady game......i feel like i am about to get screwd once again by WB Montreal :(

Advertisement