Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The image is very old style like Bioshock. Maybe they went back to the Gotham by Gaslight style. :)

jenjenten wrote: »
    This smells of a next gen version, due to very poor 360/PS3 sales....might be a GOTY edition......i feel like i am about to get screwd once again by WB Montreal :(

WB Montreal are getting no more of my money, no matter what they announce.

After the buggy shambles that Origins has been, my attitude to them is "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Origins was a let down, big time. I really enjoyed the previous games, but the amount of silly bugs that essentially ruin the combat at times is heart breaking. I still haven't bothered to finish it.

If I were to buy as other one from them, I'd wait a long time before getting it to make sure the bugs are dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Origins was a let down, big time. I really enjoyed the previous games, but the amount of silly bugs that essentially ruin the combat at times is heart breaking. I still haven't bothered to finish it.

If I were to buy as other one from them, I'd wait a long time before getting it to make sure the bugs are dealt with.

Amazing for a game that was so Copy & Paste that it had so many bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,558 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it was a next gen port I'd be tempted to get it if it was a PS3 to PS4 where you only pay a tenner to upgrade, but I wouldn't pay any more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I like a lot about Origins but it needed more time to just polish it. I really liked the story and voice work as well as some of the areas and bosses, but the whole thing was rushed and all it was lacking was time.

I won't be buying a next gen version but in 2-3 years I'll like to see what WB Montreal can do.

Still need to play some more MP (which is fun especially with a group).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Haven't come across any gamebreaking bugs so not sure what ye lads are talking about, xbox360 here btw, I'm as far as the part where
    you're searching for fireflies bombs on the bridge

Haven't had any issues? maybe ive been lucky or just havent really noticed them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

All I got on PC was the bug where the objective marker for the murder investigation site doesn't show up on the map. Some very unfortunate folks out there. The audio cut out on one or two non-important cutscenes, too. Game was excellent. Combat was a nice step up in terms of challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/23/special-batman-themed-announcement-teased-for-december-31st/

Arkham announcement incoming 31st of December.
    DLC, Next Gen remake or something new?

If it's anything other than another patch, I would be gob smacked. Some cheek to try and peddle more crap considering the car crash that is AO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The reveal of that big announcement is due in a few hours, the official forums speculate its the planned story DLC set on new years eve.
    lol....not much point playing if the overall game is buggy as hell.....no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hopefully it is that, I'll be buying if it is. Bar a handful of freezes in my first few days playing I had little to no trouble with bugs in the single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

maximoose wrote: »
    Hopefully it is that, I'll be buying if it is. Bar a handful of freezes in my first few days playing I had little to no trouble with bugs in the single player.

You should buy the season pass....good value when you consider the story DLC could be 10-15 Euro.......:eek:

Its been reduced to just €13.49 on box 360: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Season-Pass/3bac0b8b-3c69-48a2-af91-c8aa98b23dbe?cid=search

Wouldn't a 'We finally fixed it!' patch go down better than DLC at this stage

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just caved and bought the season pass on the steam sale. I'm not proud of myself, but I know I'll enjoy whatever the content they throw at me is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The Facebook page is now putting up posts about it.

Looks like a NYE event at Wayne Manor.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The Facebook page is now putting up posts about it.

Looks like a NYE event at Wayne Manor.

Bc01V-qCMAA_Uft.jpg

:confused:

1509851_696852390347256_1949981286_n_thumb.jpg

Another teaser, safe to say that WB Montreal do know a LOT about freezing :D

Supposedly the DLC will be heavily influenced by the gem of a Batman animated series episode "Heart of Ice" written by the guy who they dropped for Origins Paul Dini. If you haven`t seen that episode find it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

GTR63 wrote: »
    Supposedly the DLC will be heavily influenced by the gem of a Batman animated series episode "Heart of Ice" written by the guy who they dropped for Origins Paul Dini. If you haven`t seen that episode find it

If its based on Heart of Ice, then it will be a must buy for me, and I normally steer well clear of DLC.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If its based on Heart of Ice, then it will be a must buy for me, and I normally steer well clear of DLC.

I'm not buying into any more BS from Warner. It sounds great, but so did their last batch of marketing, and we all know how that turned out.

Sad thing is, if the main game actually worked properly and wasn't bugged to bits and suffering from poor game design, it would have been some of the strongest and most enjoyable story/writing in the trilogy. Paul Dini is no slouch, and it seems a shame to pass up on anything he contributes to this series, but I'm just not taking Warner Bros marketing department's word for it anymore.

If the reviews after release say it's a "must buy" and it actually works as it's supposed to, I'll think about it, but as of now it's "No way, you feelthy capitaleest peegs".

Hold on, are you telling me that they gave Paul Dini the boot and are now using his material for DLC??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Got this as a Christmas present and was not willing to buy it with so many issues the game was suffering with so I waited. I am about 12 hours in so far and while I am enjoying he game immensely I cannot help but feel either Warner Brothers wanted another batman game pushed out near the holidays which mostly is the cast or WB Montreal being a new team were to afraid to change up the formula and make their own stamp on the batman game series.

The story is excellent , really good and I love its more of a detective game than past installments and rewinding and fast forwarding evidence crime scenarios is really intriguing and love that aspect.

Voice acting is top notch and I found it very funny noticing that Roger Craig Smith who voiced batman is Ezio from Assassin Creed :pac:

While there is moments of impressive level design and very thrilling fights there are also quite alot of questionable decisions that seemed sort of a cop out.

Level design for the most part is quite poor and bland and what I have been used too from rocksteady It is shocking to me how big of a difference the two studios vision on how the arkham games should be played.

I also question the recycled animation Montreal decided to basically Copy and Paste , even the world seems really to similar that set in the past I expected torn down buildings to have some life.

also the bosses impressive as they were at the start were a let down to me especially the fights with
    Deathstroke which was just counter , counter, hit, counter, hit , counter, hit , counter
    was extremely dull and boring and downright lazy.
    Electrocutioner
    was even more pathetic
    copperhead fight was dull and ending was awkward put together. cutscene happened when you got the antidote then it says it attack button then another cutscene happens and fight ended. was going to the fight again after getting the antidote needed ?.

So far I give it 8/10 and that's mostly due to the story , if only rocksteady were working on it with the same story my god I only wonder :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd like to see an even more story focused and driven game next time around, I'm sick of the open city filled with pointless distractions now. Asylum was perfect but that was largely because the setting lent itself to that kind of game, open but not massive and more linear than city or origins, i think once it moved to the city they had to pad it with rubbish.

I think next time they should look at making it about more than just batman maybe.

Sssstill crashing.

I'm seriously losing patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

how much is gamestop or anywhere else giving for this im done with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

biggebruv wrote: »
    how much is gamestop or anywhere else giving for this im done with it now

HMV were offering 30% extra on tradeins last week. Supposed to spend it in shop but they gave me gift cards. CEX are giving €30 credit for xbox version, €26 for ps3.

I ended up getting the 3ds Blackgate version and whilst quite enjoyable there was a game breaking bug in it that forced me to stop 75% way in and I traded it in yesterday.

€28 cash or €30 credit in CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I am thinking of starting into this soon, probably this weekend and i downloaded an update for it from xbox live.

Had this update fixed a lot of the bugs? I hate playing a game then my save file messing up due to a bug halfway or more through. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm absolutely loving online multiplayer. Would anyone be interested in trying to set up a private boards.ie game, to avoid having to wait 10 minutes to find a match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Bought the season pass and now when i go to download the Black Mask extra content and the multiplayer drops its looking for payment!!!
    The rest of the stuff downloaded for free

This happen anyone else?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't think the Black Mask stuff of the drops are included in the season pass. Just Initiation, the batman skin packs, and any future story DLC.
    I'm absolutely loving online multiplayer. Would anyone be interested in trying to set up a private boards.ie game, to avoid having to wait 10 minutes to find a match?

If it's XBL, add me - maxi ni

Advertisement