Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So people are still having problems? I kinda want to get this because I loved the first 2 but all the talk of these glitches is putting me off

Yes, it still has problems, WB Montreal only sorted out the biggest ones. I played it on PC and that was said to be the worst in terms of problems, but it was still very enjoyable. There's some really cool set pieces and storyline, and it's just a shame you'd be sucked out of it and reminded it was shipped with a lot of bugs that were (and will never) be worked out. You'll be able to get it cheaply now, definitely worth a play through.

(FYI Rocksteady are likely to announce the next in-house Arkham game next month)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So people are still having problems? I kinda want to get this because I loved the first 2 but all the talk of these glitches is putting me off

Ah if you get it cheap it would definitely be worth it.
    Xbox seems to have the least issues though I could be wrong about that.
    And despite everything I said about it, some of the set pieces are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ah if you get it cheap it would definitely be worth it.
    Xbox seems to have the least issues though I could be wrong about that.
    And despite everything I said about it, some of the set pieces are amazing.

On PS3 and only really had MP issues, the single player for the most part has been perfect bar a few oddities that occur in combat (not sure if I just mess up or it's the games fault).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Am on the verge of walking away from this out of sheer boredom.
    Asylum was great - nice and tight.
    This and the last one just one trip after another across the city. Oh and if I decide to take a shortcut and use the batwing it's a gamble on if I'll have any sfx once I get to my destination.

So right now on a knifes edge - dump it and go play one of the free PS+ games or just complete it to say I've completed it. Although saying that gaming is not meant to be a chore - decision made so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It being less than 20 on amazon ill definitely give it a go in a few weeks when ive time to really get through it.

Yeah I saw that the arkham game that kevin conroy was talking about a few yaers ago is soon to be announced and will be developed by roacksteady. More excited now for that one than this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So the new DLC has been unveiled.

Source: X360A.org
    Titled 'Cold, Cold Heart', the add-on sees Freeze crashing Bruce Wayne's 'Humanitarian of the Year' benefit in what WB Games' VP of Production Ames Kirshen calls "a big open-world narrative-based DLC".

You'll be able to download 'Cold, Cold Heart' for Batman: Arkham Origins on April 22nd. A price has yet to be confirmed, but you can view the trailer in the latest episode of DC All Access below, from just before the one minute mark. Cool

Trailer in the link below (some serious sh1te talk in this video before they show any of the DLC).
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17439-Batman--Arkham-Origins--Cold--Cold-Heart--Mr--Freeze-DLC-Unveiled.html

I think they should be fixing the game, instead of doing more DLC. Its crazy.

And the name of the DLC is pretty poor; given that it seems to be lifting the story right from the animated series episode Heart of Ice, I dunno why they didn't call it that (copyright maybe?) or any of the other great Mr Freeze episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

needless to say you will be throwing your money at the screen :)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    needless to say you will be throwing your money at the screen :)

I won't, I haven't bought any Arkham game DLC at all. Way over priced, and its normally just challenge rooms.

Challenge Rooms are most of the most annoying features in my opinion, I loath them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I won't, I haven't bought any Arkham game DLC at all. Way over priced, and its normally just challenge rooms.

Challenge Rooms are most of the most annoying features in my opinion, I loath them.

Ah yeah, wouldn't buy the challenge room ones at all. I got Harleys Revenge, It was alright but yeah was overpriced. I think a lot of people won't get this due to the devs saying they have no intention of fixing bugs, just releasing dlc.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people won't get this due to the devs saying they have no intention of fixing bugs, just releasing dlc.

Ya, I'd love it if that boycott actually worked, and sent a strong message.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think they should be fixing the game, instead of doing more DLC. Its crazy.

I would wager that this DLC (and others) are actually made during the produciton of the feature game and are merely put on a shelf somewhere for a few months. (or worse, already on your disc but blocked until you download DLC that contains unlock protocols)

As in when they say they are not fixing bugs but focusing on making DLC, they are actually saying that all work on this title has ceased long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

jaykhunter wrote: »
    (FYI Rocksteady are likely to announce the next in-house Arkham game next month)

Here it is.... New thread coming! :P

Arkham Knight.... WBM can stick it! Can't wait to see the game back with the original developers again. Should be much improved.

Apparently you can drive the batmobile in the next one. yes!

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/batman_arkham_origins/news/batman_arkham_knight_announced_for_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Cold cold heart looks interesting but I can't say I'm interested in the other stuff, could anyone say if the season pass would be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i've just finished it after getting it a few days ago. Definitely darker, and they made the characters more believable, removing some of the cartooney look of the last couple of games. The boss fights were pretty good, with the Bane, Deadshot, Bane 2 and Firefly ones standing out the most.

I was hoping to see
    The Penguin getting the glass jammed in his eye
    , but maybe they're saving it for a sequel.

It was definitely harder than the last game, but mostly due to my own faults, you have less time to counter and it took me a good while to get that. Plus fighting large groups was hard at times, especially towards the end. Could never seem to get the Disarm and Destroy move to work, but the shock gloves made it a lot easier.

Had most of the side missions done, but i'm wondering if you collect all the Riddler data packs can you access his hideout afterwards? I know Bats said he was closing the case for now, but surely there's a way past the jammer in his hideout??

Had most of the side missions done, but i'm wondering if you collect all the Riddler data packs can you access his hideout afterwards? I know Bats said he was closing the case for now, but surely there's a way past the jammer in his hideout??

Its as you said, complete the riddler quests and you'll get in that door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

finally finished the main story and side quests of the game this weekend . in summary couldnt really relax and enjoy it , kept waiting on the corrupt Xbox 360 gamesave glitch to happen again ( for the third time ) and lose all my progress .

wont be going near anything by WB Montreal again !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Glebee

Downloading new DLC for this as we speak. Anybody tried it yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not out till tomorrow on PSN.. I'll wait on reviews for it anyway as I'm in no rush for it.

Glebee wrote: »
    Downloading new DLC for this as we speak. Anybody tried it yet???

No, but let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Which is it the mr freeze one? Has anyone played the prequel dlc yet?

cw67irl wrote: »
    Which is it the mr freeze one? Has anyone played the prequel dlc yet?

Yes, its mr freeze, Only at the start which is set inside Wayne Manor, dont know if it gets to go outside to the city or not like the original. Have not tried the prequel DLC, I dont think its a game as such though but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah the prequel dlc is just playing some challenge maps as bruce wayne isn't it? Meh.

Forgot about this tbh, will download the DLC tonight and give it a go.

Yes, its mr freeze, Only at the start which is set inside Wayne Manor, dont know if it gets to go outside to the city or not like the original. Have not tried the prequel DLC, I dont think its a game as such though but I could be wrong.

And yes we are back onto the streets of Gotham with new missions. For a while i thought it was all going tobe internally based... So far more of the same really..

And yes we are back onto the streets of Gotham with new missions. For a while i thought it was all going tobe internally based... So far more of the same really..

Had low expectations but so far so good! quite enjoyable so far at only a tenner. Bit more of the same, but gets straight into it.

I like it. A lot lot worse I could spend a tenner on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Please tell me there are challenge rooms so I can finish off those pesky upgrades without starting a new game...

Largely positive reviews.
    And for a tenener?
    How much does the season pass cost?

And for a tenener?

€18.99 on xbox (checked last night)

And for a tenener?

I know its no good to you but I picked it up for about €4 from amazon at a sale.:D See it for about €8 on some site..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

And for a tenener?

What platform? The UBI webstore has the Batman series on discount at the moment, all activate on Steam and there's an additional 10% discount using the code 10THANKS at the checkout.

Advertisement