Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's pretty decent DLC. Just finished it there. The side quests are short and unnecessary, but the meat of the game is good; There's a nice big detective bit, new enemy type to deal with, and the final fight is good, although rather easy because
    the new XE suit lets you unfreeze vantage points, denying Mr. Freeze a big advantage.
    Story is well-told, reminds me a lot of the Mr. Freeze debut in the animated series. Worth the tenner, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What platform? The UBI webstore has the Batman series on discount at the moment, all activate on Steam and there's an additional 10% discount using the code 10THANKS at the checkout.

Xbox I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Arrgh! Pkaying cold cold heart and the screen went black going to a cutscene and never came back. Infinite music loop. Had to close the game. Was able to open the xbox menu

FU WB Montreal. I really despair sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished it off there. Not too bad i suppose. Anybody know if much more DLC is due to be released for this???

Glebee wrote: »
    Just finished it off there. Not too bad i suppose. Anybody know if much more DLC is due to be released for this???

Afaik there is no more planned but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Afaik there is no more planned but I could be wrong.

It would be too close to arkham knight I guess. Arkham Knight looks like it'll be worth the wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just my playthough of Arkham Origins and enjoying it so far. Very similar to the other two but it has been ages since I played Arkham City that I don't mind. I am a bit worried as I have heard that the game has a bug that can prevent you from finishing the game.

Is there something to do to avoid this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

About an hour away from finishing the "I am the night" mode with permanent death, need to go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I just my playthough of Arkham Origins and enjoying it so far. Very similar to the other two but it has been ages since I played Arkham City that I don't mind. I am a bit worried as I have heard that the game has a bug that can prevent you from finishing the game.

Is there something to do to avoid this?

Most of the really horrible bugs have been fixed at this stage, so you shouldn't encounter anything game-breaking hopefully.

tailgunner wrote: »
    Most of the really horrible bugs have been fixed at this stage, so you shouldn't encounter anything game-breaking hopefully.

There are still a few game breaking ones, but the normal problems that most experience are fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

On PC I noticed that the objective marker can still sometimes disappear, but that's only game-breaking if you have no idea where to go, and a quick google will show you exactly which building you need to get to. No other real bugs as far as I could see, and I'm about halfway through a second playthrough.

Sarky wrote: »
    On PC I noticed that the objective marker can still sometimes disappear, but that's only game-breaking if you have no idea where to go, and a quick google will show you exactly which building you need to get to. No other real bugs as far as I could see, and I'm about halfway through a second playthrough.

The kind still in the game are the kind that if you have them you're stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I played it on pc and loved it. Never noticed anything wrong.

Just finished Arkham Origins a few minutes ago and I loved every moment of it. Well apart from the Deathstroke boss fight. All I remember is hearing bad things about the game but the game is excellent. It is very similar to the previous two but I don't see that as a weakness. I might be tempted to put this forward as the best of the Arkham series.

Just finished Arkham Origins a few minutes ago and I loved every moment of it. Well apart from the Deathstroke boss fight. All I remember is hearing bad things about the game but the game is excellent. It is very similar to the previous two but I don't see that as a weakness. I might be tempted to put this forward as the best of the Arkham series.

You are a bit late, so you've missed most of the issues.

I liked the Deathstoke fight, that was really the only way to do a fight with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Have to get the collectibles in Arkham City! great game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

What's the story with this game? I've wanted to buy it for a while since it came down in price but I've been wary with all the reports of it being full of bugs. Wanting to buy it for Xbox 360, should it be fine?

Aenaes wrote: »
    What's the story with this game? I've wanted to buy it for a while since it came down in price but I've been wary with all the reports of it being full of bugs. Wanting to buy it for Xbox 360, should it be fine?

I only played it for the first time a couple of months ago and I had no issues. I think it might be the best in the series. I was playing on PS3.

Most have been fixed but there are still some that can just stop you in your tracks and prevent any progression, it random as people can go through the game without issue and others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Same as for me I bought it earlier in the year. Played through fine on ps3. Never played the Dlc though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Grand, I'm gonna order it then. I went back playing Arkham Asylum just to try and complete all the riddles but I ended up scratching the disc so I might go back to Arkham City while I wait for Origins to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Grand, I'm gonna order it then. I went back playing Arkham Asylum just to try and complete all the riddles but I ended up scratching the disc so I might go back to Arkham City while I wait for Origins to arrive.

Do you have a ps3? Asylum is free with a PS plus sub this month.

You'd get them ask pretty cheap second hand now.

Advertisement