Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

borat-dance.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DeathstrokeDLC.jpg
    Not a lot is known about this at the minute, hope its for challenge maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It could be something similar to the Catwoman DLC in AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Would be class if it was single player story like catwoman, changing to Deathstroke once in a while to hunt down Batman.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Would be class if it was single player story like catwoman, changing to Deathstroke once in a while to hunt down Batman.

To be honest the idea of trying to kill Batman in a Batman game just irks me. As for Catwoman like DLC I hope not that should of been in the game day one anyway not as a DLC code.

• Advertisement

Well Catwoman-like as in integrated story with the campaign and not just a challenge map. Yeah, too dodgy releasing DLC pack on release day in case there is a problem with codes, downloading, etc. Especially if the DLC ends up being the opening of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Think that was to get some money back from the second hand market

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was about to say maybe Deathstroke's DLC will be if he's betrayed by someone in the story and he takes revenge on them. But then I noticed he's holding Batman's cowl in the picture so maybe not.

How did I miss that! mmmmm I'm gonna guess that you get overwhelmed by Deathstroke at some point in the game and you get locked up someplace when you then take control of Deathstroke and have to fight off other assassins who are looking to take Batman from you.

All this depends on if Black Mask wants Batman alive to kill himself maybe?

New preview from IGN says

"This Batman, voiced by Roger Craig Smith (of Ezio, Sonic, and Chris Redfield fame) is described as being more primal, more vicious"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/20/batman-arkham-origins-is-a-blast-from-the-past

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Don't rule out a Batman / Deathstroke team up twist!!!!!

• Advertisement

Full trailer BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

946883_581160231916473_1362792469_n.jpg

New trailer is out now. Seems to be a non gameplay one. I'd link but my phone sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

The Joker is now voiced by Troy Baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Wait, I'm confused. If Roger Craig Smith is voicing Batman, who's Kevin Conroy voicing?

Just like the DC Universe Online intro, I'd love to see a whole movie done like that animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Wait, I'm confused. If Roger Craig Smith is voicing Batman, who's Kevin Conroy voicing?

Bruce Wayne

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That was a hell of a cinematic, the animation is amazing. Would happily watch a full length film of that.

Kinda dissappointed that it's a prequel though, I thought the stuff with Azreal in the last game was hinting at possible directions for a sequel.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That was a hell of a cinematic, the animation is amazing. Would happily watch a full length film of that.

Kinda dissappointed that it's a prequel though, I thought the stuff with Azreal in the last game was hinting at possible directions for a sequel.

Its only fair that rocksteady get to work on the sequel.
    Maybe Kevin Conroy voices Thomas Wayne, besides him and Hush I can't find anyone else he has voiced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Small interview with Origin's creative director over on IGN.
    The other major change in Arkham Origins is its open-world, now larger and taller than either Asylum or City. “In Origins, one thing you’ll notice is that the south island, [New Gotham], has much taller structures” than the northern Gotham island. “It has catwalks between the buildings, and pipes and cables…The city looks a lot more vertical,” Holmes explains. What excites him most is that the grapple-glide-grapple-glide rhythm of exploration gives players “a new way to express themselves in that space…It’s a very organic experience, to try and figure out what size that should be.” Holmes makes no apologies to those who miss the smaller scale of Arkham Asylum – Origins is absolutely bigger and broader than Arkham City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

The trailer animation is amazing.

Here's hoping the game lives up to the previous two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

This popped up on my Facebook, thought I'd share.

484510_503516999697748_1869925911_n.jpg

Link to the story http://batman-news.com/2013/05/20/kevin-conroy-joins-twitter-clears-up-batman-arkham-origins-confusion/

Excellent now that thats cleared up, will the next Arkham be a sequel to City or the first entry to the Silver Age.

Excellent now that thats cleared up, will the next Arkham be a sequel to City or the first entry to the Silver Age.

Maybe its the Arkham Blackgate PSV/3DS game :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

GTR63 wrote: »
    Maybe its the Arkham Blackgate PSV/3DS game :confused:

I think I read that the game Conroy is working on hadn't been revealed yet, which contributed to the confusion. Think Blackgate has been known about for a couple of months now? So I'd guess (and I'm usually wrong :pac:) that it's the next Rocksteady Arkham game which will be set after Arkham City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Haha Rocksteady won't be too happy. I'm sure they don't want anyone knowing about their next game until Origins is out. Saying that, how could you be mad at Conroy

Haha Rocksteady won't be too happy. I'm sure they don't want anyone knowing about their next game until Origins is out. Saying that, how could you be mad at Conroy

I really hope its not a Justice League game, I wanna keep this Arkham thing going.
    Anyway here is the box art.
    Batman-Arham-Origins-box-art-600x600.jpg
    Looks like Deathstroke is playable in the Challenge Maps, thats good :)

It looks like Origins is actually the "Silver Age" game that was reported ages back and Rocksteady will be making the proper Arkham City sequel.

Even though it's a prequel and looks to be around Batman Year 1, it's hardly Silver Age.

Maybe there's a third game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 1tak

Brilliant, love it! :)

Advertisement