Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

This all sounds great but i think i might be happy to wait until the goty edition comes out. all the messing around and having to pay extra for the dlc was a pain and put me off a little. I would rather have it all in one go and then play away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

gar wrote: »
    This all sounds great but i think i might be happy to wait until the goty edition comes out. all the messing around and having to pay extra for the dlc was a pain and put me off a little. I would rather have it all in one go and then play away

Very much in agreement with this - I especially hate having to pre-order for extra content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gar wrote: »
    I get the feeling there won`t be a lot of DLC for this compared to rocksteadys titles, don`t know why. I guess i`m expecting the next Arkham to be announced around the new year.
    Says the sucker who bought Arkham City on release AND the GOTY edition a year later
    Boy i`m looking forward to this and GTA V a lot more than any next gen stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not related to Arkham Origins game but I'll probably get some help here. I'm having a problem with my version of Arkham City where it won't let me progress past a certain part of the story. I'm not sure if it's just something wrong with my game (verified steam data and still not working) or the save game file. Support reckons it's the save game file and I need to start from scratch again. Does anyone with the GOTY edition want to take my save file and see if they can progress with it until the next save point then fire it back to me, it should only take 5 minutes. I'd really appreciate it, I'm pretty close to the end and really don't want to start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Not related to Arkham Origins game but I'll probably get some help here. I'm having a problem with my version of Arkham City where it won't let me progress past a certain part of the story. I'm not sure if it's just something wrong with my game (verified steam data and still not working) or the save game file. Support reckons it's the save game file and I need to start from scratch again. Does anyone with the GOTY edition want to take my save file and see if they can progress with it until the next save point then fire it back to me, it should only take 5 minutes. I'd really appreciate it, I'm pretty close to the end and really don't want to start over.

I can do it if you want. I'll send you a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Full trailer BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

What an excellent trailer.

I look forward to the day where that sort of CG animation is cheap enough that we see tons of series and movies made with it. The only thing holding it back right now is the millions it takes to produce.

Some day soon...............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,540 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Trailer is awesome, I reckon ill have to buy a console when I move to Canada.

Kirby wrote: »
    What an excellent trailer.

I look forward to the day where that sort of CG animation is cheap enough that we see tons of series and movies made with it. The only thing holding it back right now is the millions it takes to produce.

Some day soon...............:)

I always think that watching my old Batman animations.
    We instead get nutters doing stuff like this

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GT have an analysis of the trailer up. I completely missed the R on the table.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/yyolfb/batman--arkham-origins-pop-block--cg-trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is a great trailer.

The artwork in it is just brilliant. It looks very dark old in the old way Batman was; that is just what makes it so good.

I am disappointed that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are not doing the voiceovers anymore; But, Conroy I understand is rumoured to narrate the story which could be very interesting.

The game box art looks something similar to a Batman movie poster from 1989; It has Michael Keaton coloured in black & white while standing on his own. I have seen while watching a documentary; it is an uncanny resemblance. But it looks much better when it's created virtually rather than the poster.

Sorry for not finding the link to that poster.

• Advertisement

New trailer with gameplay, liking his new voice, not so much for the Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think at about 5pm, Gametrailers will be showing a demo of it. Not sure if it's just going to be this again, or if it's going to be new footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gintonious wrote: »
    New trailer with gameplay, liking his new voice, not so much for the Joker.

I honestly wouldn't have known that wasn't Hamill doing the vo without prior knowledge. He said what, one or two lines? I thought it was very close to how Hamill sounds, and certainly fits the style of a younger Joker.

Penn wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't have known that wasn't Hamill doing the vo without prior knowledge. He said what, one or two lines? I thought it was very close to how Hamill sounds, and certainly fits the style of a younger Joker.

I thought his laugh wasnt a patch on Hamills.

And listening to it again, its very clearly different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That actually looked pretty sweet. Bit grittier, bit darker, Batman scarier than previous games.

Again though, I hope they put more emphasis on the World's Greatest Detective bit. It was sorely lacking from the last games.

Will need to hear longer dialogue from the Joker before I pass judgement but that 2 sceond snippet sounded fine. I'm just beaming he's in the game!

Is it me or are the guys voicing Batman & Joker are just trying to do a good impression of Hamill and Conroy. :confused:
    If anybody gets any info, etc of Blackgate put it in here too.

Proper gameplay video from today with commentary from the dev. Class!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Love the sense of sheer altitude seen at around 4:40.

What I love (and it's only from one interior so far, so it may change) is the amount of colour. Not just greys and browns, but bright Christmas colours. I'm not sure why that makes a difference, but I like it, so there!

Oh and also the martial artist enemies could make for some great fights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Has there been any indication whether or not Deathstroke will retain his powers for the game? He's one of my favourite comic book characters and it'd be a shame if they dumbed him down.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Other than his fighting skills, I haven't seen anything else said about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Pre-Order to play as deathstroke :( I HATE pre-order stuff that removes content from other players :(

I'd love to play as him, but refuse to be drawn into pre-ordering games all over the place

I can't be sure, but I think someone said that it's only for those challenge maps that were in the other games, and not in the actual city.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Pre-Order to play as deathstroke :( I HATE pre-order stuff that removes content from other players :(

I'd love to play as him, but refuse to be drawn into pre-ordering games all over the place

Seriously entertained the idea but I decided to avoid pre-orders and day one purchases after the From Ashes DLC cack with Mass Effect 3.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Proper gameplay video from today with commentary from the dev. Class!!!!

video is gone :(

^ the overall look, scenes, game mechanics are identical to AC, in fact....besides a new story looks wise its not different at all. This is not a bad thing as the game looks amazing.

But WB just took the Rocksteady game and added stuff on top, which accounts for how they could produce a new game in under 2 years.

Still the city expansion is welcome, Arkham was rather small onc you were gliding about, i felt Asylum was much bigger as it was groun based. But with the addition of New Gotham it should open up the game world alot more.

Still no word on the riddler or trophies........

Seriously entertained the idea but I decided to avoid pre-orders and day one purchases after the From Ashes DLC cack with Mass Effect 3.

The GOTY edition will have all the DLC, i wish they just had a season pass for all the DLC, i'd like more add-on single player missions, not just challenge maps or skins.

More stuff like Harley Quinns Revenge, just better and longer, play missions as other characters like Deathstroke or Deadshot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

humanji wrote: »

Cool, the city looks great, none of those annoying Riddler question marks stuck to absolutely everything.

Apart from that it looks more of the same, and not in a bad way.

Advertisement