Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a Singing Act, Suggestions for Popular Songs? :)

Options
  • 12-02-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi There

I could use some help... :)

I've been singing all my life, but I've only now gotten up off my bum and decided to actually start gigging, starting with the usual pub thing with backing tracks etc.!

Now, I'm a goth so I'm not very up-to-date with modern music and what songs would be well-received and get people singing and dancing along, as well as what the majority of a modern music audience would like to hear... I'm also not very clued-in on the usual classic hits from over the decades either (though what I do know and sing I'm not at all bad with, without wanting to toot my own horn :P ).....

So, this hopeless girl is inviting anyone else in the pub-singing business, or anyone else for that matter, to make suggestions, and all will be taken into account and very much appreciated! :)

As for my vocal range and ability, I'm a classically trained grade 5 Soprano/Mezzo Soprano, so I have a very wide mid to high range, even extending to Alto. I can sing soul, jazz, pop, rock, and many more besides!

Again, any help is very much appreciated, and many thanks in advance to replies!!! :D

Antonia xXx

Advertisement