Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valencia vs PSG

• 12-02-2013 4:35pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

For those of us who couldn't care all too much about the Celtic game, tis on Sky Sports 2.

Valencia-v-PSG.png

Predicted Starting XI's:

VALENCIA

Alves

Pereira--Rami--R Costa--Cissokho

Victor Ruiz---T Costa

----Piatti---Banega---Guardado----

Soldado

PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN

Sirigu

----Jallet---Alex--Sakho---Maxwell----

Matuidi--Verratti

Lucas Moura--Pastore--Lavezzi

Ibrahimovic

Valencia coach Ernesto Valverde has no significant injury worries ahead of the visit of Ligue 1 leader Paris Saint-Germain to the Mestalla on Tuesday evening.

The likes of Joao Pereira, Victor Ruiz and Diego Alves should return to the starting lineup, having been named among the substitutes for the 1-0 win over Celta Vigo at the weekend.

Of the players who featured in Valencia's last meeting with PSG in the Emirates Cup back in 2007 in London, only David Albelda and Mamadou Sakho remain - though the latter is the only one of the pair expected to start.

Sakho's defensive partner Thiago Silva is out, as is namesake Thiago Motta with the pair nursing thigh injuries, though the Brazilian missed out the last couple of games through suspension.

Blaise Matuidi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Christophe Jallet and Ezequiel Lavezzi were all on the bench in Friday's 3-1 win over Bastia, and all should return to the starting 11.

David Beckham will travel to the Mestalla to watch his new teammates in action, but has not been included in the squad. His first fixture is likely to be in the Clasico double-header against Olympique de Marseille in two weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tie of the night. ;)

Valencia 0 - 3 Zlatan

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Tough one to call this, Valencia looked decent against Barca recently.

Possible a draw or maybe a 1-0 Valencia win?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Definitely the one to watch tonight.

Motta and Silva are big losses for PSG, arguably their two most important players defensively. Valencia have been poor in the league for the most part this season (though have improved in recent weeks) but fairly good in Europe. It's a tough one to call, I reckon it could be a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Home leg is vital for Valencia- very poor away from home, albeit much improved since Valverde took over.

Looking for a big game from Banega- makes Valencia tick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Damn. :(

Didn't see this

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Confirmed XI's -

Valencia XI vs PSG: Guaita; Pereira, Rami, Costa, Guardado; Parejo, Tino Costa, Banega; Jonas, Feghouli, Soldado.

PSG XI vs Valencia: Sirigu; Jallet, Alex, Sakho, Maxwell; Verratti, Matuidi; Lucas Moura, Pastore, Lavezzi; Ibrahimovic.

Jonas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

IMO this is certainly the better of the two games tonight. At the Mestalla, with two hugely entertaining teams that play some really lovely football and who could cause a few waves in the later rounds.

Unlucky, great strike from Lucas

Fantastically taken goal from Lavezzi!

edit - oh dear Guaita

• Advertisement

Great link up between Lavezzi and Pastore, thunderous finish. Big goal.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Fantastically taken goal from Lavezzi!

edit - oh dear Guaita

I wouldn't blame him. Great strike from close range, moves a bit, incredible power in the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Keeper should be blocking them.

Oh Gooooooldado, look to your left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Didn't realise Lavezzi cost 30 million. How many 30 million players do PSG have in their team? Ibra, Moura, Lavezzi, few others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Didn't realise Lavezzi cost 30 million. How many 30 million players do PSG have in their team? Ibra, Moura, Lavezzi, few others?
    Thiago Silva and Pastore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

0-2 now. Pastore.

That Lucas seems to be quite the player.

Wonderful goal. Great work by Lucas down the right and a solid Pastore finish. PSG have been solid at the back and Verratti has certainly impressed.

Not a lot of talk about PSG before tonight but they could be very real contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anchelotti has got everything right tonight. Delighted that Lucas is playing so well. They got ripped for spending so much on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Wonderful goal. Great work by Lucas down the right and a solid Pastore finish. PSG have been solid at the back and Verratti has certainly impressed.

Not a lot of talk about PSG before tonight but they could be very real contenders.

I watched their game against Toulouse the other week and they looked pretty fearsome but I thought it was just that Toulouse (-Sissohko) were crap. They're looking pretty accomplished tonight though as well. Might be worth an outside bet for the CL. Any idea of their odds?

• Advertisement

I watched their game against Toulouse the other week and they looked pretty fearsome but I thought it was just that Toulouse (-Sissohko) were crap. They're looking pretty accomplished tonight though as well. Might be worth an outside bet for the CL. Any idea of their odds?

Sorry mate I haven't a clue. If I were guessing before the game maybe you could have gotten them at something like 8/1 buy I don't bet. I've seen them a few times this season, very poor at the start of the season, disjointed almost but Ancelotti has gotten them moving like a cohesive unit, it's tough to judge them in the French league because of inferior opposition but against a good Valencia side at a raucous Mestalla they are playing a blinder and proving they are the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Before this game I saw them at 29/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Interesting end to the game! Ibras red, come on he stamped on his shin pad, how can your man dive to the floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

And that is why Zlatan is not a world beater. Idiot.

And that is why Zlatan is not a world beater. Idiot.
    What? So zidane wasnt a world beater cause of his red card?!

adamski8 wrote: »
    Interesting end to the game! Ibras red, come on he stamped on his shin pad, how can your man dive to the floor

Hadn't there already been a free given? So he pretty much stamped on him out of play?

Incredible end to an excellent game. Rami's goal and Verratti and Ibra's absence in the second leg give Valencia hope that they could turn this thing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

adamski8 wrote: »
    What? So zidane wasnt a world beater cause of his red card?!

Ibra has never been at the summit of football due to his attitude. It may not be a conscious thing but there is another example of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

4 goals in CL is why he isnt a world beater.

Stupid tackle

• Advertisement

Will that be a 1 or 2 match ban for Ibra?

Ibra has never been at the summit of football due to his attitude. It may not be a conscious thing but there is another example of it.
    Hmmm i dont see that having any bearing on getting a single red card. Was all the red cards the reason roy keane never made it to the summit?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

For me, Ibra's red card was very soft. Yellow would of been enough there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

PSG are good but lack a little something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

PSG are good but lack a little something.
    Yeah PSG are good but I dont see them gettin past teh quarters. But with the addition of Lucas Moura they are a litlle more dynamic along with Lavezzi. But dont have the midfield to control games

The big game tonight \0/

PSG lead 2-1 after the 1st Leg at the Mestalla. No Ibra and Beckham is on the bench.

Line ups:

f25df5ad7cb0784b1e352c8ee091b844.png
    85dad5f48743bac8eb91a41c636a3ba0.png

PSG returning to last season's 4222 by all accounts. Looking forward to seeing how Lavezzi and Lucas lead the line for PSG.

• Advertisement

Thiago Silva is there Nuri!

U SAW NUTIN'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fancy PSG to win this one too, by the odd goal, maybe 1-0

I take it back, they are brutal on the ball so far and really playing within themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Am I only one going for Valencia?

Going be tough to get win they need though.

• Advertisement

Am I only one going for Valencia?

Going be tough to get win they need though.

I'd prefer to see PSG in the next round tbh. Would be fascinating to see how they'd fare against one of the big teams. I think they could beat anyone on their day, they just have an awful lot of quality. Valencia on the other hand have little to no chance of winning this competition.

PSG very lethargic tonight, not surprising given the nature of the tie and with Ibra missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Terrible game

Well this has been fairly dire.

Bout time, PSG have been pathetic, great strike

Boom! Great strike from Jonas from distance, 1-0 on the night with over 30 mins to go and it's deserved tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just what this game needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Definitely deserved, PSG have been shocking bad, Chantome being particularly woeful. Matuidi been excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Lets do this Valencia!!

iFrPcXBgm7sQo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yes!! 1 more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement