Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky BB and Eircoms customer service.

• 12-02-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

just a quick question.

Si I went through the process last night of ordering Sky BB and moving from my existing Eircom account. At the end of the ordering process it says it will be all changed over within 2 weeks and I do not need to do anything.

Just to be on the safe side I rang Eircom and asked them about it and they gave me a different story.

They said I have to request my service be cancelled in writing and it will take up to a month and I will not be able to change my provider in that month.

Who do I believe? I am unsure if I should write the letter and screw up the changeover from sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

I was wondering the same. Sky might be €10-15 cheaper per month but if you have to pay an extra €60 for the month when switching over, then that eats up any saving you might make for the first 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This issue has been tossed around in one of the Sky BB threads. You should NOT contact your existing provider. All the transferring of service is handled by Sky.When you are activated, you should get a final bill from your (then ex) provider. If you are paying by DD, make sure that only the amount of the final bill calls & bb are paid, as you will have paid the rental in advance. After that cancel your Eircom DD.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This issue has been tossed around in one of the Sky BB threads. You should NOT contact your existing provider. All the transferring of service is handled by Sky.When you are activated, you should get a final bill from your (then ex) provider. If you are paying by DD, make sure that only the amount of the final bill calls & bb are paid, as you will have paid the rental in advance. After that cancel your Eircom DD.

this... you should not be contacting youre provider, Sky will transfer service for you

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Phenoxan

Cheers. I wont send the letter then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Speaking from personal experience I would keep a very close eye on it.

despite being assured by Sky that everything would be handled by them, my Vodafone broadband stayed live after the switch over. I had to make a few phone calls and send some emails to get it sorted and also get credited for charges from Vodafone.
    Sky blame Vodafone, told me they had sent out the instruction and that I had to take it up with Vodafone myself. They just told me the Broadband was still live with no instruction to cancel. They told me it would take up to 10 days to cancel it.

I rang, emailed everyone I could to complain and they finally agreed to credit me for €31.

If you have a online account with your provide, its a good way to keep track of whats happening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement