Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 7 to Cherrywood

Options
  • 12-02-2013 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

There is a No.7 bus that leaves Mountjoy Sq at 6:45 and goes to Cherrywood. Does anyone know what time this goes through Dun Laoghaire and what time it gets to Cherrywood?

Failing that, can anyone give me any advice on getting from Dalkey to Dundrum for 9am?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

you could get the dart to shankill and walk to cherryword luas,

you could get the dart to dun laoghaire and the 63 to ballyogan and get the luas there

you could get the dart to dun laoghaire and get the 75 to dundrum. (id say this be the quickest!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

dart to DL and then the 75 is probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I was thinking the 75, but I've heard it is very unreliable, so thought i would go for the Luas. Not sure where in Dundrum the 75 stops either, I don't think it goes to the town centre itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

dart to blackrock. then 114 bus to blackthorn avenue (i thinks its blackthorn avenue. its the road with ballally shopping centre and queen of angles primary school on it) and a 10 minute walk to dundrum.

But 75 from dun laoghaire is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Or you could just get the 7:

From Dublin Bus, it's still running, just skipping certain parts, you can still get to Cherrywood though
    Mon- Fri

Route 7 Towards Loughlinstown / Cherrywood

The last bus serving Churchview Rd & Wyattville Rd will depart the city centre at 20:30pm.

Buses after 20:30pm will operate normal route to Killiney Shopping Centre; then turn around at the roundabout, left onto Johnstown road, left on to N11 left to Cherrywood and onto Loughlinstown.

EDIT: now that I look at that again I realise you meant "a No.7", not "no 7"... never mind...

• Advertisement

Fwiw, I took the 7:20am 7d bus to Deansgrange with the intention of getting the 75 from there. But the bastard drove past because a 46a was already stopped!

Jumped on the 63 to Carrickmines and got the Luas. Arrived in Dundrum at 8:35.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If i'd spotted this yesterday that's what I would have suggested, can't believe the driver went past without checking for 75 passengers. Did he just not see you waving your hand? Sometimes you have to sprint to the end of the waiting bus to let them know you're there.

If i'd spotted this yesterday that's what I would have suggested, can't believe the driver went past without checking for 75 passengers. Did he just not see you waving your hand? Sometimes you have to sprint to the end of the waiting bus to let them know you're there.

I'm fairness there is no way the driver would have seen me, the 46 didn't have a sign up, so I had to ask the driver what bus it was, as I turned the 75 came along. No problem though, the 63 to carrickmines is good, I'm surprised more people don't use that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm fairness there is no way the driver would have seen me, the 46 didn't have a sign up, so I had to ask the driver what bus it was, as I turned the 75 came along. No problem though, the 63 to carrickmines is good, I'm surprised more people don't use that route.

It's a bit of a wanderer, esp around Carrickmines where it has to loop all over the place to get into the retail park and estates so slow enough

It's a bit of a wanderer, esp around Carrickmines where it has to loop all over the place to get into the retail park and estates so slow enough

It's pretty direct from Bakers to the Luas and stops right outside. Its only after the carrickmines stop (which is the other side of the motorway to the retail park) that it starts meandering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I do see that old canard about the 75 being "unreliable" raising its head again.

For about the umpteenth time, I can happily report that since the current timetable was introduced in 2008, nothing could be further from the truth.

The 0755 departure from Dun Laoghaire will get you to Dundrum Town Centre no later than 0845.

lxflyer wrote: »
    I do see that old canard about the 75 being "unreliable" raising its head again.

For about the umpteenth time, I can happily report that since the current timetable was introduced in 2008, nothing could be further from the truth.

The 0755 departure from Dun Laoghaire will get you to Dundrum Town Centre no later than 0845.

I have asked about this. Apparently towards Tallaght it is good, the other way is meant to be a bit hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well the journey time varies obviously according to the time of day, given traffic variations, but the bus does generally arrive in Dundrum eastbound at the same times from one day to the next on each departure.

Advertisement