Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change in wording of rules!?

Options
  • 12-02-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

''Bumping is posting something pointless in your thread in order to push it back to the top of the listing in the adverts forum.

You may not 'bump' sooner than 24 hours after the last post on the thread.

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Any post is considered bumping except for the following:[/COLOR]
    Posting a price drop. (It must be an actual real price drop, i.e. not a drop from €10 to €9.99.. mods reserve the right to judge this
    Answering a question asked by another user.
    Accepting an offer or negotiating a deal.
    Posting more information about the item for sale (e.g. adding photos, more specifications)''

I received an infraction for bumping before 24 hours after i answered a question on my airsoft ad:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83182186#post83182186
    is states that ''Answering a question asked by another user.''
    is not a bump. but then at the bottom i see it says ''Provided 24 hours have passed since the last post, you may simply post 'bump'....' so i cant complain as i was warned
    but your rules contradict themselves and have confused me and thus caused me to receive an infraction:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The first step in the Dispute Resolution process is to attempt to resolve the issue through an exchange of PMs with the moderator. Have you attempted this? If it cannot be resolved by this PM exchange with mod, please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

Black Swan wrote: »
    The first step in the Dispute Resolution process is to attempt to resolve the issue through an exchange of PMs with the moderator. Have you attempted this? If it cannot be resolved by this PM exchange with mod, please advise.
    i had already pmed mod . its not a huge issue anyway. ill leave it to him/her to decide what to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

lb1997 wrote: »
    ...its not a huge issue anyway. ill leave it to him/her to decide what to do.
    This issue is well documented on your Airsoft Adverts thread where the red card infraction occurred. You had been given 2 in-thread warnings by a mod, plus one yellow card warning regarding bumping your thread before the 24 hour period had expired. The mods explained in-thread why your bumping was excessive. After these 3 warnings, you bumped your thread before the 24 hour period expired, and were issued a red card, consequently I cannot find any compelling evidence to reverse your infraction.

You may learn from this issue, request that this appeal be closed, and move on; or you may request an Admin review. Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

Black Swan wrote: »
    This issue is well documented on your Airsoft Adverts thread where the red card infraction occurred. You had been given 2 in-thread warnings by a mod, plus one yellow card warning regarding bumping your thread before the 24 hour period had expired. The mods explained in-thread why your bumping was excessive. After these 3 warnings, you bumped your thread before the 24 hour period expired, and were issued a red card, consequently I cannot find any compelling evidence to reverse your infraction.

You may learn from this issue, request that this appeal be closed, and move on; or you may request an Admin review. Please advise.[/QU

you must have picked me up wrong. never asked for you to revoke the infractions, i deserve them for careless behaviour but the 4th warning and red card ,while i'll still accept full punishment , i feel was because of bad wording in the rules on bumping as I had scanned them more than once but still managed to break them unintentionally. it might be just me but i was just bringing this to your attention so i doesn't happen to anyone else.:)

...but the 4th warning and red card ,while i'll still accept full punishment , i feel was because of bad wording in the rules on bumping as I had scanned them more than once but still managed to break them unintentionally. it might be just me but i was just bringing this to your attention so i doesn't happen to anyone else.:)
    Although it's not the purpose of the Dispute Resolution forum for review of forum charters, your concerns have been shared in-thread and by PM with mods. If you have further questions regarding the wording of the charter, you should PM mods accordingly.
    you must have picked me up wrong. never asked for you to revoke the infractions, i deserve them for careless behaviour ...i'll still accept full punishment
    This forum has been reserved exclusively for the appeal of yellow card warnings, red card infractions, and bans. Since you are not appealing these, I will request that the Admin close this DRP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement