Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you see the property market?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

jmayo wrote: »
    I was replying in most to the poster before me who was commenting about price descreases slacking off.

Apologies. My post was quoted below which was most of your post so I thought it was in response to mine. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Villa05 wrote: »
    Our economic model is a sham, Investors in badly managed banks are paid off in full and costs passed on to citizens.

Investors in banks lost their shirts. Have you checked their share price lately?

Its those who lent to banks that are being repaid in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Investors in banks lost their shirts. Have you checked their share price lately?

Its those who lent to banks that are being repaid in full.

I stand corrected, Lenders are also investors though, but I should have made the distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think the government was forced by ecb ,to sign up, to pay anglo bondholders,in order to recieve ecb loans .In other countrys ,banks,businesse s fail ,the bondholders lose 90 per cent of their money.Since 2008, the government has to borrow billions, to pay civil service wages,pension s,welfare, the tax revenue coming in is less than government spending.
    IF you buy a bank bond theres no gaurantee you,ll get paid, in theory you might get nothing if bank goes out of business.
    Maybe they could have said we,ll pay 40 per cent of bonds on anglo , i do,nt know if thats possible.
    theres people who had their whole pensions, savings in bank shares who lost everything.
    Ireland has a fairly advanced welfare system,for supporting familys at least in comparison to
    the usa,or other countrys.

Advertisement