Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Cert from Canada

Options
  • 12-02-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi

I'm in Canada atm. Wondering what people consider the most practical way to get the Garda Cert?

Is there any way of emailing the Gardai to apply for the cert?

If i were to send my parents or someone else into my local Garda station, would they have any problems applying for me? And what would they need to do so? I could easily get it sent to their address to scan.

Pretty much I'm looking for a roundabout way to avoid having to send a physical letter from Canada, and then have to wait for the cert to come back here. But for people who did this, how long did it take, and the "A stamped, self addressed envelope" required, what would I do re not having Irish stamps or knowing how much it would cost to return

Also, I've been in Canada 7 months now. Will I need to get a police cert for my time in Canada

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Trying to arrange one at the moment for the brother inlaw in Canada. We had to go to the station from the area he lived in and get a form from the superintendent.

I scanned it and emailed to him. He has to fill it out and take it with a copy of his pasport to the canadian police for them to fill in some info.

He then has to send it back here so we can bring it back to his local garda station (if it dosent get closed first :D) and super has to fill in some info and then we send it back.

A guard told me you need to get the form from your local station. One from another one wont do as every superintendent has their own version.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

Gotta be an easier way than that. How's everyone else doing/done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 beercan810

I currently live in the UK so I got my old man to get it for me. He went into the local station with my birth cert and filled out a form. 1 week later the Garda cert arrived.

I believe you don't need a cert from the Canadian police. Think I read it on the IEC website somewhere.

Advertisement