Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hairdressers

Options
  • 12-02-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a job interview next week so i want my hair to look a little smarter and tidier. I don't need a blow dry or anything just a wash and cut.
    Im looking for the cheapest place to get it cut in Dublin 1/2/3/7 this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

If you can venture into Dublin 8 then try Meath St. Any number of Chinese hairdressers there. You can get a dry cut for €12 :eek: Had one yesterday and it's as good as you'd get in Peter Mark (without the banal talk!).

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Thanks for your reply lilybarlean, i'd never though about that area. I'll check out the bus routes for there:)

If anybody has any other recommendations i'd love to hear them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Marino Hair are pretty reasonable. Chinese guys, plus some Irish staff.
    They will do a dry cut if you want.
    (01)8337966
    Close to Marino College, opposite Fairview Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stargrrl

Tian Du (sorry not 100% sure of the spelling) on Caple St. (go to End of Henry St/Mary St and turn right and is just a couple of doors up on that side). Is a Chinese/Korean Hairdressers I can definitely recommend. I go to a guy called 'Benny' who is a very good cutter. Does a dry cut depending on length for around 15 euros and is as good if not better than hairdressers where I've paid 5 times the price! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Thank you Spurious and Stargrrl for your replies.

Just in case any one else is interested here are the prices i was given. Not sure if it includes blowdry but i presume it would.

Marino Hair
    €20 for dry cut- long hair
    €29 for wash + cut- long hair

Tian Du
    €19 for dry cut- long hair
    €29 for wash + cut- long hair

I made an appointment with Tian Du as i will be able to walk to it. You got the spelling perfect Stargrrl.

Thanks folks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Stargrrl wrote: »
    Tian Du (sorry not 100% sure of the spelling) on Caple St. (go to End of Henry St/Mary St and turn right and is just a couple of doors up on that side). Is a Chinese/Korean Hairdressers I can definitely recommend. I go to a guy called 'Benny' who is a very good cutter. Does a dry cut depending on length for around 15 euros and is as good if not better than hairdressers where I've paid 5 times the price! :)

+1 I love the place, there's one on Talbot St too. A few years ago I had my mum's, three of my nieces, and my own hair done there for less than €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stargrrl

Best of luck with the interview OP. :)

Advertisement