Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless card problems

Options
  • 12-02-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I know alot of you out there are technically minded, so just said i'd ask your advice. I have a compaq presario v6000 laptop, and all of a sudden the wireless has stopped working on it. Its not even displaying the wireless card, driver info, nothing. Its like it does'nt exist at all on the machine. I bought a new wireless card on ebay, thinking this was the problem. Installed it and still no good. Very annoying. There is an orange light on the front of it signalling the wireless is off, this should be blue. When i check the drivers on device manager its not showing any problem. I plugged in an usb wireless card to try to get the internet working but it said that the hardware did not install properly, so can't use that. The laptop is bout 4 years old and running windows 7 ultimate. Please help!! :( Thanks John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There is a physical switch to turn the WLAN adapter on/off (4) at the front of your laptop.

fRDNLwN.jpg

Advertisement