Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent cheap -N bridge (if such a thing exists)

Options
  • 12-02-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭

Because I want to tie all the things that need replastering together in my new gaff I've not put CAT6 in yet - there's windows and alarm wiring to go in yet :( So I'm stuck using the PCs upstairs on a wireless bridge.

I have an old Linksys WET54G which works to an extent, but channel overcrowding coupled with poor -G performance on my UPC router means its not very reliable. One machine has trouble downloading anything over ~20MB from FTP for instance.

Does anyone have experience of a decent quality and preferably not too expensive -N bridge? Doesn't even need more than one ethernet port as I have the machines switched properly.

Comments

Advertisement