Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease Rental Arrears Australia

Options
  • 12-02-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am wondering does anybody know of a sample situation situation similar to this??

If a situation arose where a rental agreement for a domestic equipment was signed in Sydney NSW Australia and upon departure by accident and sheer forgetfulness the appliance was not returned? A few years later with no knowledge of any contact and no attempt at contact by leaser had been made in 3 years a claim of arrears of payments for AU$3000 is made

To what extent Can one be penalised in Ireland if one cannot afford to pay the arrears on a lease in NSW Australia?

Offences such criminal offence either of Larceny By Bailee, or Conversion to Own Use could be the possible penalties in NSW but would these carry any penalty to an Irish citizen in Ireland?

Does anybody know of a similar example??

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I think you should re-phrase your question (see Charter)?

Can one be penalised in Ireland for a indictable offence in NSW Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glann121

Hi,
    I'm not sure what you mean by see Charter?
    This is my first time using Boards, I was advised it would be an idea to see if anybody else had been in a similar situation.
    Do you mean change the title of the post??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054893130

It means you can't get specific legal advice here on a specific issue, in case you rely on it and it turns out to be wrong. Framing the question hypothetically is a way of attempting to get round that.

Advertisement