Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

900 degree steering wheels

• 12-02-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have a Trustmaster F430 wheel and it's grand for most things but I'm considering upgrading to a G27 for the added accuracy.

One thing that I wonder about is the steering lock on different cars. As far as I know the F430 is suited to single seaters because it's about the same steering lock. If I upgrade to the G27 which would have a much greater steering lock are there stops in the wheel or does it just stop working past a certain point? Would the F430 be preferable for cars with that steering lock?

Is the G27 the best option out there at the moment? I don't particularly want to spend more money and I do want a clutch and gear stick, just wondering if it has any competition.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some sims require different settings in wondows.
    For example with my G25 and most wheels the likes of rfactor etc recommend about 260 degrees, then the likes of iracing suggest utilising the whole range of 900 degrees as its software adjusts everything to suit your wheel.

Not to be confused with your vehicles setup options.

Yeah the G27 is very good, dont forget the fanatec wheels, they have a wide range to suit any wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

I'm trying to remember but nearly sure to change the degree of rotation with the G27 you have to quit whatever your playing and change it Via the driver page, were as with the Fanatec wheels you can change it on the fly from within a game to suit yourself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Didn't really know about Fanatec. The pedals look much better and seems to come in at around the same price when you combine all the bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

ScumLord wrote: »
    Didn't really know about Fanatec. The pedals look much better and seems to come in at around the same price when you combine all the bits.

I have G25, G27 and a fanatec GT2. I use my G25 pedals with my GT2 and to be honest I like the GT2 wheel better. Somehow feels better and it makes a lot less noise.

That is just my taste and not saying at all the fanatec wheels are better or worse :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

c0rn3y wrote: »
    I have G25, G27 and a fanatec GT2. I use my G25 pedals with my GT2 and to be honest I like the GT2 wheel better. Somehow feels better and it makes a lot less noise.

That is just my taste and not saying at all the fanatec wheels are better or worse :)
    It's all going to be an improvement on F430 anyhow. :D

They have a deal on the forza and elite stuff so I could get the set with an inverter for the peddles and work out at the same price as the porsche set. I'm just assuming the forza wheel is better because it's more expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement