Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mare and faol horse box

Options
  • 12-02-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Has many people got a mare and foal box and are they a good idea? I have one mare 15.3 and do not plan to have any other horses for now.What are peoples options on them as in towing them safely etc.thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

I don't really think they are as stable as the double boxes...
    Personally I'd go with a double as at least then you can take another horse for company if your current horse may not like to travel alone?
    Also I don't think they would hold their resale value as well as a good double box would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

gra456 wrote: »
    Has many people got a mare and foal box and are they a good idea? I have one mare 15.3 and do not plan to have any other horses for now.What are peoples options on them as in towing them safely etc.thx

I'll be finding out what they're like tonight and tomorrow as we've been a loan of one to go to Boswell tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes if I see you over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Have used one before for my mare - who is around the same height as yours - and didn't like it. Personally think the space is too open and unstable for a horse on their own. Also don't think they hold their value like a double would.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Noooooooooooooo. Double box. Mare and foal is designed for a specific purpose, wouldn't go near it. Agree with above about too much open space for one horse

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I use a mare and foal box and have never had any problem with it. I measured it against a double box and its only 80mm narrower. Its used to transport 2 ponies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement