Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber wanted - and what's a reasonable price

Options
  • 12-02-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've a house in which I want to have thermo-valves to the radiators.
    There are 13 though.
    What should be a decent price?
    Thanks as always folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭wendigo

hey,
    i recently used EventPlumbing, guy called Alan.
    had to get a lot of work done on my boiler, i felt it was reasonable, and he was a nice person deal with.
    answered all my question, about the boiler and other general house heating/plumbing questions i had.

his details below.

http://www.rgii.ie/home/event-plumbing-heating.3863.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thermostatic valves are something you'd fit yourself.

The valves are not dear.

I say the above as someone with very basic diy skills.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alandoyle23

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I've a house in which I want to have thermo-valves to the radiators.
    There are 13 though.
    What should be a decent price?
    Thanks as always folks

Hi can you tell me are the pipes comming from the ground or the walls? What type of floor or wall are they coming from? What material are the pipes, gun barrel / copper/ qualplex? How old are the radiators?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

wendigo wrote: »
    hey,
    i recently used EventPlumbing, guy called Alan.
    had to get a lot of work done on my boiler, i felt it was reasonable, and he was a nice person deal with.
    answered all my question, about the boiler and other general house heating/plumbing questions i had.

his details below.

http://www.rgii.ie/home/event-plumbing-heating.3863.html

+1 for Alan. We're in the same estate as he is, so he's handy and local for us. Replaced the PCB in our boiler when it went a couple of years ago, for a very reasonable price, and he's done the last 2 annual services on the boiler too.

Advertisement