Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

putting Gmail e-mails on to GDrive

Options
  • 12-02-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi

Im not sure if this is the right spot to put this but I am hoping someone can help me with this.

Google is saying that there 'Drive' be linked to your GMail but the only linking i can find is being able to put files from the 'Drive' in to your email.

What I would like to do is Archive/Move emails from my Inbox and store them on my 'Drive'. I get a lot of very big attachments, but need to keep them.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Funkiwi75 wrote: »
    Hi

Im not sure if this is the right spot to put this but I am hoping someone can help me with this.

Google is saying that there 'Drive' be linked to your GMail but the only linking i can find is being able to put files from the 'Drive' in to your email.

What I would like to do is Archive/Move emails from my Inbox and store them on my 'Drive'. I get a lot of very big attachments, but need to keep them.

Thanks for any helpful replies.
    There's a Google script called GmailToDrive that allows you to label the email of your choice and all attachments get copied to a folder in your Drive - I use it and it works excellently :)

http://www.labnol.org/internet/send-gmail-to-google-drive/21236/

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Hi Advertsfox,

Thanks for that, and it does work for the attachments. is there a way to move the whole email accross and not just the attachments?

Hi Advertsfox,

Thanks for that, and it does work for the attachments. is there a way to move the whole email accross and not just the attachments?
    It's designed for attachments since Google Drive is for files and folders. You won't be able to save the text from an email, that's what Gmail is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Thanks. I was hoping to use it for archiving.

Gmail has archiving, just use this script as an attachment backup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

That doesn't really make sense. Just archive within Gmail. Your Gmail and Drive share the same amount of storage anyway.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement