Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Salt Soy Sauce

Options
  • 12-02-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a low salt soy sauce and not having much success so far.
    I've got a *reduced* sodium Tamari, just slightly lower than normal soy salt content.

Now I know that Kikkoman do a "Less Sodium Soy Sauce" but so far I haven't found it, I've tried a few supermarkets and health shops.
    Any suggestions?
    This is what it looks like:
    http://www.kikkomanusa.com/homecooks/products/products_hc_details.php?pf=10102&fam=101

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Have you tried the asian supermarkets?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw it in Dunnes in Blanch in this bottle yesterday.

kikkoman-low-150L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I saw it in Dunnes in Blanch in this bottle yesterday.

kikkoman-low-150L.jpg
    Excellent!
    I had tried Tesco and M & S, Fallon and Byrne, and about 3 health food shops.
    And a few Asian shops as well.

Will get to Dunnes in the Ilac tomorrow and have a look there.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the asian supermarket at the Jervis Luas stop but may be wrong. Good you found it anyway!

lounakin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I saw it in the asian supermarket at the Jervis Luas stop but may be wrong. Good you found it anyway!
    I know that Asian shop, will have a look there tomorrow if I don't find it in Dunnes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bare in mind though, less salt soy sauce has less salt then the regular stuff - but its probably not anywhere near "low" in salt content - just in case you are trying to reduce sodium for a some important reason.

Mellor wrote: »
    Bare in mind though, less salt soy sauce has less salt then the regular stuff - but its probably not anywhere near "low" in salt content - just in case you are trying to reduce sodium for a some important reason.
    Just trying to lower my overall intake while still enjoying the soy! I know how ridiculously high-salt it is. :(

Advertisement