Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Repellant????

• 12-02-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I live in a corner house and our front door opens out to the side, our gate is 1/2 a mtr in front of the door. We always have the gate locked but we are having a problem with neighbourhood dogs using the path and grass verge directly outside our house as a loo. Is there anything we can spray on the ground or spread around to deter them from pooping outside the house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

Oh nothing annoys me more than seeing unaccompanied dogs out pooping all over the place. :mad: It's a problem where I live too. The irresponsible and lazy owners couldn't care less that their dogs poop in my garden, all over footpaths and on the green area where children play. I have a dog myself but he's not allowed out on his own, and when he is brought out for his walks (on a lead)...we clean up after him.

I personally haven't used any sort of a repellent but if I catch any offending dog, I just shoo them away. Obviously I wouldn't be always successful but it's the best I can do until my hedge grows a bit bigger and keep the gates close to prevent them access.

I tried having a friendly word with the dog owners but it fell on deaf ears but maybe you could have better luck with your neighbours? Or you could call the dog warden/local council and explain the problem of loose dogs pooping in public places and the owners are doing nothing about it?

I feel your pain and I'm sure other posters here will have better advice for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

They don't like citrus, try leaving orange peels scattered around the ground. I think it works for cats too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Nino Brown wrote: »
    They don't like citrus, try leaving orange peels scattered around the ground. I think it works for cats too
    You'll probably get done for littering!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thanks everyone
    Its driving me bananas, The problem with reporting it, which I have no problem doing is that I've never seen or caught the offender or offenders.

I think I'll try to orange peel idea and to get around the littering problem I might pop them in the food processor and make it into shredded peel and scatter them around.

fingers crossed it will work x

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We used to use Get Off My Lawn gel to keep cats away so might be an idea to try it for dogs? I feel your pain, every morning there's piles of poo on the path we walk on so obviously the same person with the same dog(s) and there's bins on either end so no excuse!!! If I lived in one of the houses it happens outside of I'd point a webcam out and stick posters up all over the place to shame the owner lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

ladypip wrote: »
    Thanks everyone
    Its driving me bananas, The problem with reporting it, which I have no problem doing is that I've never seen or caught the offender or offenders.

I think I'll try to orange peel idea and to get around the littering problem I might pop them in the food processor and make it into shredded peel and scatter them around.

fingers crossed it will work x

Thanks guys
    get a webcam and this program http://www.yawcam.com/

In relaton to get off my garden. I found it useless. But I heard that if you wrap the crystals in a cloth and put it near the entrance the cloth will prevent it being washed away by rain

Advertisement