Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the South of France-Advice needed!!

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey all!! I'm movin to Cannes in six weeks time..my friend has already moved over and has a job in an Irish bar. I have a background in education which includes a Masters. I am currently refreshing my french language :) I'm just wondering does anyone have any advice? as in does anyone know which way to start looking for jobs etc over there..perhaps some things i should stay away from.. any advice would be great. I'm a 24 year old girl by the way :).

Thanks,

Sophie

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

> as in does anyone know which way to start looking for jobs etc over there

Use Google to find the list of all the Irish bars in advance. See if any have any twitter or Facebook accounts where you can contact them in advance before heading over. Seasonal work shouldn't that difficult to come across. No need to limit yourself to Irish bars either, but it can sometimes be easier.

> I'm a 24 year old girl by the way.

As long as you're smiley and outgoing I think you won't have a lot to worry about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

Don't forget Cannes is super close to Antibes Juan-les-Pins and not too far from Nice either, so if it's a day time job there's easy commuting options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

sofia.88 wrote: »
    Hey all!! I'm movin to Cannes in six weeks time..my friend has already moved over and has a job in an Irish bar. I have a background in education which includes a Masters. I am currently refreshing my french language :) I'm just wondering does anyone have any advice? as in does anyone know which way to start looking for jobs etc over there..perhaps some things i should stay away from.. any advice would be great. I'm a 24 year old girl by the way :).

Thanks,

Sophie

Since you're in Education, would you not consider TEFL?

Advertisement