Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Query

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I'm looking for some advice for a friend who has just found out that a direct debit she had set up to pay either UPC in a rented house that she moved out of about 5 years ago was still being paid monthly.

Is there any possible recourse for her to claim back this money from TV company, her bank or the landlord/tenant of the house?

She is pretty sure she cancelled the upc account when she moved out, but has no paper trail as she dumped a lot of stuff after her last house move in 2011.

I know, right! amazing how you could go that long without noticing, but it has happened, now asking for help...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's a sticky one.. but my gut says she's going to have a hard time claiming this one.

The tenant: not really. The landlord: not really. UPC: not really..they were billing for a service in a location and obviously weren't advised that the service was no longer needed.

Advertisement