Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness plus women only gym

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an experience of whether this is a good gym to join ? The location is very handy , in the retail park where Smyths toys are . Kinsale rd roundabout . Badly need to get fit ( fast !)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Why dont you try a few of the pay as you go classes there before you join, that way you can have a snoop at the setup before paying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I called up there to have a looksie and it seems ok, a mix of all women.. Bit open alrite but the staff were friendly.. My friend done the spinning classes a few times and thought they were good but I have never myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Milly33 wrote: »
    I called up there to have a looksie and it seems ok, a mix of all women.. Bit open alrite but the staff were friendly.. My friend done the spinning classes a few times and thought they were good but I have never myself..

Too much for you huh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think the fact I was a man with such an outstanding body scared all the ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Milly33 wrote: »
    I think the fact I was a man with such an outstanding body scared all the ladies

Women are too easily scared... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

one of my friends is going to them for a weight loss programm she started a month ago is very impressed with them so far, she is getting the results. from what she has said they are like a family up there thet dont judge and super supportive.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

used to go there last year, very good place and staff, heard they expanded so should be even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

To be honest I used to go there last year and I didn't have a very good experience.

I used to go to the spinning classes and there was nothing wrong with the actual classes but when it comes to paying for them you have to pay when you book and if you can't make it for any reason (sickness, personal reasons) they won't refund you so you basically pay 8e for nothing.

Also, I sometimes booked and paid for a class for the following week straight after I was finished a class and on more than one occassion when I'd show up the following week they had no record of my booking (even though I had paid my money and everything). It made me feel like they thought I was lying or something.

Also everybody has to lift in the spinning bikes into the studio because the one studio is used for all classes so they don't have room to have the spinning bikes in there all the time - the bikes are extremely heavy and tbh it's not on, that after paying for your class, that you have to lug your bike into the studio (and back out again after the class has finished when you're in not fit state usually!)

The final straw for me was when they recently introduced this new online booking system for classes and they said you could cancel a class up to 24 hours beforehand and you would NOT BE CHARGED so I had booked a class and had to cancel it (which I did online) and noticed a few days later that 8e had been taken from my account. I got onto them and said that they had taken the money even though I had cancelled the class and one of the owners said "yes that's credited to your account now so you can use it for another class" - that is not what their cancellation policy states and I had decided at that stage anyway to go somewhere else as it was more convenient for me. They did refund the money to me but I would have taken it further if they didn't

Also, I had booked a course of 5 spinning classes in late October and was pretty sure that I had only used one of those classes and then I didn't go between then and Christmas (:o lazy) and when I went to book a spinning class in January the girl informed me that I had no classes left. I was positive that I did have classes left but I couldnt prove it since they don't give you receipts. She also said that classes expire after 3 months which I was never told when buying them.

Like I said, the classes themselves are fine but just be aware of the above when it comes to booking them.

I'm not trying to bring the place down, I'm just stating my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Took the plunge and joined thanks for the comments everyone

Advertisement