Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I bid for this house in Rathfarnham?

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35

http://www.daft.ie/1702037

Was looking at houses around this price range in this area. I was thinking to make an offer.
    Where should I start? 220/230k?
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise that the vendor can see this post as well.

I would be loathe to accept such advice from the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Maybe he is the vendor trying to drum up interest in his house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

You could use a picture of that house as the dictionary definition of "typical Irish suburban 3-bed semi-detached house". Looks solid enough but totally generic and uninspiring. But, hey, that's my point of view, clearly not yours and not that of lots of others scouring SCD for a family house.

No.65, the 4-bed directly across the road, sold for 245k in November. No. 5, another 4-bed, sold for 270k in June. So maybe there was something off about No.65?

You could try a cheeky early bid around 225k alright but there does seem to be a continuing demand for family homes in SCD that is not being matched by supply so don't be surprised if this starts creeping up if there is more than one keen bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Op is there a particular reason you are looking at rathfarnham?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 volauvent

Thanks for the replies that actually are genuine and helpful.
    I understand the south co dublin thing but thought applied more to dart line/ 46a locations. Rathfarnhan is convenient for me for work and not so far from city centre.
    225 sounds like a decent starting point thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Grangebrook is directly adjacent to Whitechurch.
    An estate with well known historical and (less so) current social issues, it is probably regarded as the worst estate in Rathfarnham.
    My upper limit due to that fact would be €150k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Zamboni wrote: »
    An estate with well known historical and (less so) current social issues, it is probably regarded as the worst estate in Rathfarnham.

^^ Thanks for that, I was wondering why a house in Rathfarnham was for sale for 250k when similar properties in county dublin (NCD in my case) were a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It might have been the worst estate years ago, but one of my friends moved there last year and although she was tentative, she absolutely loves it. I've been there a few times, really quiet place with nice people.
    Don't go judging areas you don't live in.

fussyonion wrote: »
    It might have been the worst estate years ago, but one of my friends moved there last year and although she was tentative, she absolutely loves it. I've been there a few times, really quiet place with nice people.

I did not judge. Read. Just read. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Why are you getting so annoyed?!

Quote: Originally Posted by Zamboni

THERE! FFS

• Advertisement

Why are you getting so annoyed?!

You came in, completely ignored the OP & thread subject and decided to take a pop without actually reading.

If you don't believe me how about you go do a poll in the Dublin County South Forum for the Least Desirable estate in Rathfarnham.

Good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

I don't think he was judging , just giving an honest opinion imo. You should have as much info good and bad about a neighbourhood you are about to buy in.
    I see it time and time again on this forum whenever someone gives a negative but truthful opinion of an area they are hopped on for being 'judgemental'

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

If you think that's bad, stay clear of Tara Hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lego land ( Tara hill) and white church are indeed the worst part of rathfarnham and I would advise to steer clear

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Even if you don't personally think it's the worst area, others will, so the price should reflect that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 volauvent

Thanks for the opinions. Honesty is best in this situation and I appreciate the honest comments.

Advertisement