Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New insanity workout log

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Ok so I finally decided to try the 60 day insanity workout and keep a log, and see if it actually works, started on Sunday with the fit test and it was tough. Am 30. weight 196 pounds.Just over the past year I have been running 5-10 k 3 times per week.

Done workout 2 this morning at 7( plyrometric cardio circuit) and feel like I've been kicked all over. Really hope this gets easier cause it was very tough this morning. Have given up the running for 60 days of this programme with the hope of getting myself in better shape. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ok so I finally decided to try the 60 day insanity workout and keep a log, and see if it actually works, started on Sunday with the fit test and it was tough. Am 30. weight 196 pounds.Just over the past year I have been running 5-10 k 3 times per week.

Done workout 2 this morning at 7( plyrometric cardio circuit) and feel like I've been kicked all over. Really hope this gets easier cause it was very tough this morning. Have given up the running for 60 days of this programme with the hope of getting myself in better shape. Any advice welcome.

Keep at it, the first few days of anything new are going to hurt, after two weeks or so things should be a lot easier. Keep well fed, hydrated and get plenty of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donegalpaddy

Edwardius wrote: »
    Keep at it, the first few days of anything new are going to hurt, after two weeks or so things should be a lot easier. Keep well fed, hydrated and get plenty of sleep.

Yeah gonna stick with it, anyone any ideas on a recovery drinks to use, prefer to get something local and not online, any of the ones in argos any good and do they really help

• Registered Users Posts: 40 immigant

As Ed said you've probably got a week or two of adapting to do and recovery will be tough during this period.

Tbh I'd say the best things to do for recovery will be getting adequate sleep and eating plenty. At least for the first few weeks. Focus on getting that right rather then on recovery drinks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 immigant

...and best of luck with it.

It'll be interesting to see a real person do this

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Yeah gonna stick with it, anyone any ideas on a recovery drinks to use, prefer to get something local and not online, any of the ones in argos any good and do they really help

If you want a recovery drink, chocolate milk and a banana is all you need, but they dont help any worse or better than say eating a chicken sandwich after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

as someone said interesting to see a real person do this... good luck and keep us posted!

Day 3. Cardio Power and resistance. Found today actually not too bad. Only exercises that I am finding the toughest are push ups, muscles not as sore as yesterday though.

Day 4 cardio recovery. Lots of stretches. A few real tough ones but got it all done. Roll on tmrw.

Ok day 5 & 6 went ok. Was tough day but got through it. One week done 8 to go.
    A welcome day off today. Have to say love Sundays. Next week, Bring it on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 back against the wall

what plan are you following and is it possible to share it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I have these workouts and usually do one a week at the weekend with a mate. I go to the gym other days but these are great for pumping out a sweat. Done the Cardio power and resistance yesterday, thought was a bit easier than the plyometric. Might try the pure cardio next. They are fun.

what plan are you following and is it possible to share it?

It's shaun t's insanity 60 day workout. 129 to buy in Argos or can be got other ways:-) look it up on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Paddy, I'm going to move this thread to the "fitness logs" forum

Best of luck with the rest of the program!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Hi!

I'm on week 8 - it doesn't get easier but you get stronger!! There are a lot of pushups and planks alright and its amazing how much better you'll get at them. I haven't lost a huge amount of weight but my fitness levels are gone through the roof and there are noticeable differences to my legs (all the jumping :D) and my shoulders and arms. I have to say I love it and find Shaun T great for motivating. I drink a protein shake afterwards and find it helps. Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Hi, I'm on Week 3 and have to say even in two weeks you will notice your fitness has increased. For example on day one I did 70 switch kicks in a minute, and yesterday it was 105 in a minute. I ended up buying 60 days worth of Shakeology and it is great. Expensive but great!
    Just take care of yourself and know when to take breaks. I'd recommend checking your heart rate during the tiny breaks!

Ok so all last week have been severe pain on my knees. Tried easing off a bit but still no good. Gonna leave it for a while until knee recovers. Went for a easy run on Sunday and pulled a muscle. Typical

Ok so all last week have been severe pain on my knees. Tried easing off a bit but still no good. Gonna leave it for a while until knee recovers. Went for a easy run on Sunday and pulled a muscle. Typical

I'm on week 4. In week 3 my left knee got really sore and I couldn't hack the jumps or squats because of the pain. What I did was hold ice to the sore spots straight after my workout for about 5 minutes. Then when doing the jumps and squats I made sure my knee was not going over or past my ankle. It takes pressure off your knee and puts it onto your feet. Running will make your knee worse so I'd recommend doing what I did. I didn't need to stop while doing this as the ice helped more each day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 geraldishere

throw in some test and dbol and reap those gains bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Yup it is tough on the knees. I've been lucky not to suffer but my hubby who has knee pain occasionally couldn't even get through the first fit test because of the pain! As was previously advised make sure to do squats and lunges properly and land softly during all the jumping. Hope you can get back to it soon. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

I started it yesterday. Fit test yesterday evening and day 1 at 6am this morning. It's bloody tough and I'm aching all over but I'm determined to see this through :D I'm not really into those protein supplements so I presume getting my protein from chicken, eggs etc is just as effective?

• Advertisement

20260622 wrote: »
    I started it yesterday. Fit test yesterday evening and day 1 at 6am this morning. It's bloody tough and I'm aching all over but I'm determined to see this through :D I'm not really into those protein supplements so I presume getting my protein from chicken, eggs etc is just as effective?

Good stuff- keep it up. I finished it there about two weeks ago, and am doing p90x now. On and off I took protein isolate, but for the majority of it I got my protein from chicken, tuna and eggs. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you are you can vary between the likes of tuna and chicken. Just make sure whatever you cook is prepared in a healthy way.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Has anyone finished this? How did they get on? Thinking of starting this in the next couple of weeks. Don't need to lose any weight but would love to tone up my stomach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

OP did u manage to stick to it? any results?

Advertisement