Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twenty grand in 2 weeks

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I know it sounds highly ambitious , but I've come up with a little plan and I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks . 1 bet a day with an all or nothing outcome , but the starting pot is only €5 . Had the first bet tonite on under 3.5 goals in the Cheltenham game at evens which came in . So my reckoning is that if I almost double my winnings everyday backing no greater than even money shots and no shorter than 4/6 shots then on a fourteen day streak you can surpass 20k . So here's hoping.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Ok , day 2 and my €10 is on Utd and Real , BTTS @ 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Ok , day 2 and my €10 is on Utd and Real , BTTS @ 4/6

Good luck man. ambitious but it is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

I know it sounds highly ambitious , but I've come up with a little plan and I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks . 1 bet a day with an all or nothing outcome , but the starting pot is only €5 . Had the first bet tonite on under 3.5 goals in the Cheltenham game at evens which came in . So my reckoning is that if I almost double my winnings everyday backing no greater than even money shots and no shorter than 4/6 shots then on a fourteen day streak you can surpass 20k . So here's hoping.......

would you not be safer aiming for 1K at a time ...bank that and start again.

It would take 8 days to get to 1,000 , and to be honest the nerve wrecking **** only begins there. ;-)) . I think in this day and age with so many markets running if you're careful there should be pleanty or even money or 4/6 shots that come in each day.... By the way if you let it run for 30 days you could hit a million... I'll let somebody else take up that challenge

Well that's a winner on day 2 , so 17.35 rolls over to tomorrow

• Advertisement

Well that's a winner on day 2 , so 17.35 rolls over to tomorrow

17.35 on Newcastle to win at evens, for day 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Only a brave man would through 10k or over on a 4/6 shot. Better to bank some along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Good luck man. If you do it, I'll go for the million.

I fell at the 3rd hurdle , but in fairness I went against my own rules ( there were 3 possible outcomes in the match , and I should be limiting my bets to events were there are only 2 outcomes ) so I'm down a fiver . Anyway I didn't expect to achieve it first go , so I ll start again tomorrow with a second fiver ;-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Unlucky on the Newcastle result; I was rooting for them too.

Do you mind if I say that you broke your rule on the BTTS bet aswell; isn't there 4 outcomes there?

• Advertisement

Thanks Catallus , the BTTS bet is a yes or no bet so there's only 2 outcomes , I didn't see the Newcastle game , so I don't know if they even came close to winning , but lesson learnt.....

I think there are four outcomes?

1) 0-0 draw.

2) Home team win to nil.

3) Away team win to nil.

4) Both teams to Score.

catallus wrote: »
    I think there are four outcomes?

1) 0-0 draw.

2) Home team win to nil.

3) Away team win to nil.

4) Both teams to Score.

1) 0-0 draw = No
    2) Home team to win to nil = No
    3) Away team to win to nil = No
    4) Both teams to score = yes
    So only 2 outcomes yes or no , the market will only give you 2 choices

It is a yes/no bet on 4 possible outcomes. That's how I'd look at it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

For my mind in the BTTS bet there are 4 outcomes

No teams score

Team one scores only

Team two scores only

Both teams score

The market offers you a yes or no answer. its not a two outcome bet though

Over 0.5 goals is a two outcome bet

Edit: Just reading over and catallus made the same points. Anyway good luck Wftablueboy with the next bet. You doing FA cup this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭billybonds

Interesting concept, best of luck with it.

Ok 2nd go at this , tonight I'm on the golf , I'm backing Jimmy Walker V Ryan Moore (mythical betting ) so my €5 is on Walker @ 5/6 DNB

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

The odds of turning 5 euro into 20 grand are roughly 4,000 / 1. Good luck with that....

4 over on the back 9 by Walker ended that fiver ..
    €5 today Oldham V Everton BTTS @ 5/6

4 over on the back 9 by Walker ended that fiver ..
    €5 today Oldham V Everton BTTS @ 5/6

Done and dusted after 25 mins . 9.17 rolls on to tomorro

• Advertisement

Sticking with BTTS on City V Leeds @ 11/10 , I'm holding back 10% of any winnings just to keep my bankroll , so the bet is 8.20 @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Sticking with BTTS on City V Leeds @ 11/10 , I'm holding back 10% of any winnings just to keep my bankroll , so the bet is 8.20 @ 11/10

oooh changing the plan !!

makes me think if you do get on a roll and get a substantial amount you wont follow your pattern and put it all down. (even minus the 10%)

Gambling is a discipline ... those that are successful know when they can place a bet and when they can't, they know that on any given day statistics can go out the window, the form guide can be torn up and just plain luck/determination can get the underdog over the line !!

I know quite a few people who have been successful in gambling, some even winning six figures on small bets (€50) .... I know people who have gone to rehab and have had serious issues with the losses and debts they have accrued from gambling, some have taken their own lives...so for your "system" you have already changed the rules which suggests that you now suspect that your system is flawed or requires a lot more research before placing the bets....something which I suggest you do.

by all means continue doing what you are doing ... but try to learn from your mistakes, as has been pointed out earlier in the thread BTTS is a 1/4 chance which is dependent on the favourite to concede as well as score, even options like "X team to score first" has less variables and therefore a higher chance of success, learn your maths, probabilities, statistics ...understand them and combine them with permutations and combinations (even at Leaving Cert level) and you can understand that statistically your chances of winning against the bookies are slim....watch the various tip threads here and you'll see people giving reasons for their choices, many of which are purely opinion, some are statistically based but more often than not you'll find the posters who know their stuff and can point you in the right direction and learn from them.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks Corkbah for taking the time to reply , it's well put and I agree with most of what you said and take it on board . I've never been one to follow systems and my general betting pattern would be throwing tenners and twenty euro on something you fancy , if I'm honest I'd say I probaly lose on average 30 euro per week . I've done a couple of trial runs with this system before I start posting and I've got to stage 5 , blowing it in one bet and the flaw was not betting my fiver so if it lost I had my bankroll again . I'm only realising this now..... So by taking 10% off every winning bet I get my stake back after the 3rd hurdle and the end goal is still acheivable after the 14 days . In the long run if I stick with the system and stop dropping my regular 30 euro per week in the bookies , I will make money
    Thanks again

Leeds never looked like scoring , they were very tame for a FA CUP match

So you're down what? €15?

I know it's just a bit of fun but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone making money worth talking about by backing odds-on or even money shots.

You have to win every single time; not possible.

I know a few people who have been successful in gambling too, but unfortunately they were all bookies.

catallus wrote: »
    So you're down what? €15?

I know it's just a bit of fun but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone making money worth talking about by backing odds-on or even money shots.

You have to win every single time; not possible.

I know a few people who have been successful in gambling too, but unfortunately they were all bookies.

No Im down €14.03 , I held on to .97c ( 10% of yesterday's winnings ) ..;-)
    It is only a bit of fun..
    My starting bankroll was €50 , so when it's gone I'll give up , but with 35.97 left I still 7 days worth of fivers to go

If I were you I'd go down to the shop and get 35 lines in tonight's daily million. Probably better odds. But then again I am a lotto fiend :)

Step 1 again .... Man Utd V Reading BTTS NO €5 at 10/11

11/10 on betfair.....

EDIT: presuming that Reading are not going to win this game, I'd split it like this: €4 on ManUtd Win to Nil at 11/8 and €1 on 0-0 correct score at 31/1 on Betfair.

• Advertisement

wftablueboy, I think this plan of yours needs a little bit more tweaking :(

I was so gutted last night, I had to go home and drink!

Advertisement